Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    Why is that then ?
    Insane owner plus non league manager plus fan discontent plus random assembly of foreign players equals not a very good team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Insane owner plus non league manager plus fan discontent plus random assembly of foreign players equals not a very good team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed, very good chance I hope we dont **** this up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Leeds at home, dream come true !!!! Second round
    You'll be in the same division next season. Leeds are ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You'll be in the same division next season. Leeds are ****.
    Who do you support ? Leeds are looking ok against Boro atm

ReputationRep:
    Who do you support ? Leeds are looking ok against Boro atm
    They do look OK, but should be 1-0 down.

ReputationRep:
    Good result today at Sixfields against Sheff Utd. Positivity on the field offsetting the gloom off it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pleased with a Wrexham win at home against Nuneaton. Though I thought we played a bit better on Tuesday when we lost 3-0 to Gateshead but I'll take the 3 points all the same.

Any other Conference Premier fans here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Pleased with a Wrexham win at home against Nuneaton. Though I thought we played a bit better on Tuesday when we lost 3-0 to Gateshead but I'll take the 3 points all the same.

Conference Premier is too mainstream. I have a big interest in the Evo-Stik first division north as Lancaster City are my second team. They won 3-0 today against Farsley who finished 7th last year. Looking good already

ReputationRep:
    FA Cup kicked off today for all you lower league nerds (like me). Some good articles on the BBC about it too.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28640023

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28734169

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Good result today at Sixfields against Sheff Utd. Positivity on the field offsetting the gloom off it.
    Quite the opposite for United who were positive off the field before the season started and now full of gloom on it.

Good luck to Coventry this season though, hate to see teams get screwed by off-pitch happenings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Quite the opposite for United who were positive off the field before the season started and now full of gloom on it.

Good luck to Coventry this season though, hate to see teams get screwed by off-pitch happenings.
    Just 2 games in, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The table doesn't have a meaningful appearance for quite some time.

ReputationRep:
    Good draw for bolton against forest yesterday after a dire performance against Watford on the opening week. Hopefully Mason can be our 20 goal season player that we needed
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Good draw for bolton against forest yesterday after a dire performance against Watford on the opening week. Hopefully Mason can be our 20 goal season player that we needed
    I was at the Watford game - I'm glad Mason's arrived. Bolton desperately needed goals and creativity in midfield, and they seem to have found one of them in Mason. Good week after a poor opening day for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I was at the Watford game - I'm glad Mason's arrived. Bolton desperately needed goals and creativity in midfield, and they seem to have found one of them in Mason. Good week after a poor opening day for you.
    We played so much better in 4-4-2 last season, but without loans didn't have the strikers to do it. Mason gives us that freedom now.

ReputationRep:

Another Wrexham fan? :^_^:

Disappointed with the Gateshead game as we put in a good performance and really didn't deserve to lose 3-0. Sleepy defending for the first and third goal though. Glad we could bounce back with the win vs Nuneaton. Agree with you that we played better on the Tuesday night than yesterday but happy we managed to hold on and get the three points.

Last season was terribly disappointing and the team from last season needed a good shake up so it's good to see Kevin Wilkin come along and do just that. Both York and Moult have looked good - I feel York with the better game vs Gateshead and Moult with the better performance yesterday. It's nice to have a striker in Moult who is capable of getting into the double figures, something we have struggled with over the past couple of seasons with our forwards.

Also, the pitch at the Racecourse is looking decent. It needed the work spent on it with getting it relayed and with the sprinklers and what have you, so it has been nice to see a summer of improvements all around the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Another Wrexham fan? :^_^:

Disappointed with the Gateshead game as we put in a good performance and really didn't deserve to lose 3-0. Sleepy defending for the first and third goal though. Glad we could bounce back with the win vs Nuneaton. Agree with you that we played better on the Tuesday night than yesterday but happy we managed to hold on and get the three points.

Last season was terribly disappointing and the team from last season needed a good shake up so it's good to see Kevin Wilkin come along and do just that. Both York and Moult have looked good - I feel York with the better game vs Gateshead and Moult with the better performance yesterday. It's nice to have a striker in Moult who is capable of getting into the double figures, something we have struggled with over the past couple of seasons with our forwards.

Also, the pitch at the Racecourse is looking decent. It needed the work spent on it with getting it relayed and with the sprinklers and what have you, so it has been nice to see a summer of improvements all around the club.
    Yeah! Didn't expect to find another Wrexhamite on these forums!

Yeah we had some strong spells against Gateshead, especially in the first 15 of the second half. Just a shame about the goals you mentioned, could have been stopped. The scoreline was flattering but there were some positives.

Harris and Carrington have looked poor the last two games and seem to picking up where they left off last season but I agree Moult and York have been excellent signings. I think Jennings could be if he improved his match fitness a bit but he looks lost on the wing.

What do you think of the home and away strips? I've heard mixed opinions about them haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! Didn't expect to find another Wrexhamite on these forums!

Yeah we had some strong spells against Gateshead, especially in the first 15 of the second half. Just a shame about the goals you mentioned, could have been stopped. The scoreline was flattering but there were some positives.

Harris and Carrington have looked poor the last two games and seem to picking up where they left off last season but I agree Moult and York have been excellent signings. I think Jennings could be if he improved his match fitness a bit but he looks lost on the wing.

What do you think of the home and away strips? I've heard mixed opinions about them haha.
    Haha, there is someone else with the username "wrexhamfc" so we're more popular than you think . I've never really had a proper conversation with them though so it is nice to see another Wrexham fan around! Do you go to many matches?

It was pretty flattering for Gateshead but they had their chances and took them, we too had our chances and completely fluffed them. I was not impressed with Jay Harris and all those long range shots. Once in a blue moon he will score a great long range goal so having four or so long range efforts just added to the frustration. I’m with you that he’s been off the pace in these first three games as he wasn’t great vs Dartford either.

Ha, I did want to mention that about Jennings but then I didn't want to say anything either as we’re only three games so I wanted to give him a bit of a chance to settle and gain his fitness. He looked absolutely shattered about ten minutes into the second half vs Gateshead so I was pretty surprised it took Kevin Wilkin until the 80th min to bring Bishop on for him. Bish looked so much more up for it in those last 10 minutes than he did during the whole of last season!

What do you make of Bachmann? He wasn’t too bad vs Dartford and he couldn’t really be blamed for the goal as it’s very questionable if that went in but I thought he was pretty slow to react and get down with the goals vs Gateshead. Then Coughlin came in vs Nuneaton and kept a clean sheet and just did what he had to do, I couldn’t fault him. I’ve never been Coughlins biggest fan but I would keep him as number one for now, even once Bachmann is back from injury.

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get all three points this weekend vs Alfreton who are yet to pick up a point in their first three games.

I hate green football kits so I’m just glad we have got rid of the awful green away kits! The black and white away kit is quite nice though. I like our home kit too but I think people are a bit iffy about them because they are so different to what we’re used to. With it being our 150th anniversary it just seems pretty fitting to change the home shirt to what it was back then so I personally like it.

ReputationRep:
    Fulham losing again, 1-0 to Wolves with half an hour gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Solid win boys, solid win!

ReputationRep:
    Any Wycombe fans around? Got a season ticket (they're my 2nd team, but still) and went to my first game of the season last night. Owain Fon Williams had a brilliant game for Tranmere in goal as they won 2-0, but Wycombe were pretty poor really - didn't deserve anything

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.