ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquatix96)
    This video is side splitting!!!
    The avatars are kinda creepy though.
    Haha tell me about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Cheers mate
    Sorry if I upset you 'jchap', you did really well I was just trying to honest and realistic

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Manchester, Aston, Loughborough, Birmingham and Leicester. You have amazing GCSE's :O. I only got 1 A, 4 Bs and 6 Cs :/ (although there were mitigating circumstances)
    What were these circumstances if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    You mean grades? I got ABC at AS and I'm predicted AAA (resitting my B and C). I do Psychology, Economics and Accounting. What about you?
    I didn't think accounting was a respected a level. Is it useful for anything??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benpeters)
    What were these circumstances if you don't mind me asking
    I had brain surgery due to an abcess in my brain (this also led me to missing 4 months of year 12)

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Manchester, Aston, Loughborough, Birmingham and Leicester. You have amazing GCSE's :O. I only got 1 A, 4 Bs and 6 Cs :/ (although there were mitigating circumstances)
    What's your first choice? The school have agreed I've been under-predicted so will try relay that in my reference (hence the delay in my application). Do you (or anyone?!) think I have much chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lindajohnson)
    I didn't think accounting was a respected a level. Is it useful for anything??
    It's useful for finance and has a little bit of maths in it, but not much. Also, I don't know why it isn't well respected as it is the hardest subject I have ever done. Generally you need 50% to pass the subject, much higher than average, and the mark schemes are inconsistent, so you cannot really rely on model answers as much.

ReputationRep:
    I had brain surgery due to an abcess in my brain (this also led me to missing 4 months of year 12)
    Perfectly acceptable and sorry to hear that mate

ReputationRep:
    It's useful for finance and has a little bit of maths in it, but not much. Also, I don't know why it isn't well respected as it is the hardest subject I have ever done. Generally you need 50% to pass the subject, much higher than average, and the mark schemes are inconsistent, so you cannot really rely on model answers as much.
    I think a chimp could pick up accounting in all fairness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fps0606)
    What's your first choice? The school have agreed I've been under-predicted so will try relay that in my reference (hence the delay in my application). Do you (or anyone?!) think I have much chance?
    My first choice is probably Manchester as it is widely recognised internationally and I would like to do a work placement abroad if possible.
    I think you have a good chance as your predicted grades are pretty high, and you demonstrate a consistent high academic performance with those GCSE's. International Business, Economics and Finance at Manchester has an AAB entry requirement so if you have a good personal statement and references from teachers, I'm sure you will get offers

ReputationRep:
    If you say so, I personally find it challenging, but each to their own

ReputationRep:
    If you say so, I personally find it challenging, but each to their own
    At the end of the day, if you're applying for a maths related course, as long as you can do advanced STEP questions it's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day, if you're applying for a maths related course, as long as you can do advanced STEP questions it's not a problem.
    When's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Emma on 9/12

ReputationRep:

Ben, which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Homerton

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if I upset you 'jchap', you did really well I was just trying to honest and realistic
    you didn't, don't worry g

ReputationRep:
    brutal but amusing tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    you didn't, don't worry g
    What does g mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Haha I disagree
    Watch this its absolutely hilarious and you might change your mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovmHfMKHuY8
    lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.