Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Hi! Sorry for late reply... I had to finish some stuff off yesterday. It's Friday! :ahee: + I have lots of homework...

It's fine with rambling, don't worry. I do that myself. I'm sure it'll be fine and it's good that you know to this now rather than later! Is the content for the different Maths GCSEs similar? Or is a lot repeated?
    It is quite a lot! Good luck! ^_^

I'm doing... German, Geography, Textiles, RS, Mandarin + Language leaders (not a GCSE). XD Along with Triple Science, Applications and Methods in Maths, Ad Maths, English Lang. & Lit., Citz... :zomg: Year 10 is going pretty well. Compared to some of my friends I've had hardly any homework and the pace we're going at is good. I have a Chemistry end of unit test soon. :yep:

Same :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    omgexcitewhatislife I have finally found another Language Leader!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    aww thanks it wasn't too bad really apart from the last question ...
    Aw what was the test on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Aw what was the test on?
    excretion, homeostasis and hormones... i know, fun

really annoying that there is way much more to learn in biology igcse - we probably won't finish the course by easter - compared to physics where we only have one more topic to do (which will only take 2-3 weeks) GAH LIFE
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SampleX)
    omgexcitewhatislife I have finally found another Language Leader!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously?? Yay!! :ahee::five:

What have you been done so far with it?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    No they do get worse every year ^_^
    thank god! not just me....
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SampleX)
    omgexcitewhatislife

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am stealing that :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    excretion, homeostasis and hormones... i know, fun

really annoying that there is way much more to learn in biology igcse - we probably won't finish the course by easter - compared to physics where we only have one more topic to do (which will only take 2-3 weeks) GAH LIFE
    Oh god no, I don't think we'll have finished biology by Easter either! We don't have much chemistry left, and I honestly have no idea about physics. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Oh god no, I don't think we'll have finished biology by Easter either! We don't have much chemistry left, and I honestly have no idea about physics. XD
    Our chemistry teacher is ill - his notes are amazing and now that he's away, we just get set sheets to do in the lessons - so dull... hate falling behind the other classes and its an 'experiment' topic so yeah...

What about your other subjects? Geography teachers are so so so organised at my school Scratch that, all the humanities teachers are ridiculously organised - the ones i have anyway - and i know that the RS people finished all the stuff they needed to learn in yr 10 before the summer term... don't ask how... i have no idea

And then there is science... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    My sisters also going to be in year 7 next year. Did your school invite you to go to the physics outreach programme, what was it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah the school took us it was good, but most of the people talking didn't actually work at Cambridge they were just representing different companies and stuff. Some of it was really interesting though so I did enjoy it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Our chemistry teacher is ill - his notes are amazing and now that he's away, we just get set sheets to do in the lessons - so dull... hate falling behind the other classes and its an 'experiment' topic so yeah...

What about your other subjects? Geography teachers are so so so organised at my school Scratch that, all the humanities teachers are ridiculously organised - the ones i have anyway - and i know that the RS people finished all the stuff they needed to learn in yr 10 before the summer term... don't ask how... i have no idea

Aw, that's a shame lucky you with geography!
    Umm languages I think I'm okay on, but we have our mocks in December and I don't think we'll be able to full speaking assessment because we have, I think, two more topics to cover.
    History is good, we're about half way through our controlled assessment content and my class has done about 1/2 of the final topic as well!
    Geography we're the furthest behind class, but I have no idea how many more topics we have to do... :rolleyes:
    Maths I'm worried about... we started additional maths this year without finishing IGCSE maths first... :confused:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Mr...)
    I am stealing that :mmm:
    Phrase thief. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Phrase thief. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At least I didn't hide the fact Crunchie :curious:

ReputationRep:

Not directed at me, but I'll answer anyways ^_^
    Biology teacher is fabulous.. cant complain.. he even helps me with my chemistry lol. Maths teacher useless, so I just did my own **** last year and it worked out fine (got A*) and planning to do same this year. History teacher is good, just never listened to her.. Art teachers offering their time to help us 4 lunchtimes a week and 1 day after school, so I'll take up their offers. English teacher says I have a "brain" and should aim for A*/A compared to C/B like others in my class.. although i think im bad at english personally Im planning to revise/learn things at my own speed for science, as 2/3 teachers are bad, so, self teaching is good for me I think I may need a tutor for science too ^_^
    Lool this doesn't make sense but whatever..
    how was your day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Aw, that's a shame lucky you with geography!
    Umm languages I think I'm okay on, but we have our mocks in December and I don't think we'll be able to full speaking assessment because we have, I think, two more topics to cover.
    History is good, we're about half way through our controlled assessment content and my class has done about 1/2 of the final topic as well!
    Geography we're the furthest behind class, but I have no idea how many more topics we have to do... :rolleyes:
    Maths I'm worried about... we started additional maths this year without finishing IGCSE maths first... :confused:
    Ok maths sounds a bit weird??? actually, our set is doing the exam earlier in january, we have one more topic to learn so we are going to start the first maths AS module after october half term... so i guess i can't judge

All our mocks are in january over 10 days or something crazy and they are earlier this year because of a school music concert :mad:

Aww shame for geography still, you'll still finish it - it'll be fine- good luck

ReputationRep:
    Not directed at me, but I'll answer anyways ^_^
    Biology teacher is fabulous.. cant complain.. he even helps me with my chemistry lol. Maths teacher useless, so I just did my own **** last year and it worked out fine (got A*) and planning to do same this year. History teacher is good, just never listened to her.. Art teachers offering their time to help us 4 lunchtimes a week and 1 day after school, so I'll take up their offers. English teacher says I have a "brain" and should aim for A*/A compared to C/B like others in my class.. although i think im bad at english personally Im planning to revise/learn things at my own speed for science, as 2/3 teachers are bad, so, self teaching is good for me I think I may need a tutor for science too ^_^
    Lool this doesn't make sense but whatever..
    how was your day?
    today was good :P (apart from biology)- boiled to death in sports gym tho - our school needs to invest in some air con....

butt in why don't you *glare* joking....

our biology teacher is the best one so can't complain but her style of teaching is just to dictate stuff which you copy into a booklet - so independent

maths teacher - again got lucky and got the best maths teacher she is amazing if a bit bad at technology (gets by tho) - still, puts up with the weirdness of our maths set so gut gut

history - had her since year 7!!!! YAAAAAS - she is so enthusiastic and nice - if a bit unpredictable in temper...

english - i am one lucky little **** and again got the best teacher by school wide acclaim in terms of personality and teaching... life is good

just realised how lucky i got

ReputationRep:
    today was good :P (apart from biology)- boiled to death in sports gym tho - our school needs to invest in some air con....

butt in why don't you *glare* joking....

our biology teacher is the best one so can't complain but her style of teaching is just to dictate stuff which you copy into a booklet - so independent

maths teacher - again got lucky and got the best maths teacher she is amazing if a bit bad at technology (gets by tho) - still, puts up with the weirdness of our maths set so gut gut

history - had her since year 7!!!! YAAAAAS - she is so enthusiastic and nice - if a bit unpredictable in temper...

english - i am one lucky little **** and again got the best teacher by school wide acclaim in terms of personality and teaching... life is good

just realised how lucky i got
    I'm in set 1 for maths.. yet have a **** teacher.. Set 1 for all sciences, yet have 2 **** teachers.. Set 3 for English, but have the head of english
    btw I'm thinking of buying TSR pro.. thoughts?
    and thoughts of getting a private tutor.. for say, 3-5 hours a week?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in set 1 for maths.. yet have a **** teacher.. Set 1 for all sciences, yet have 2 **** teachers.. Set 3 for English, but have the head of english
    btw I'm thinking of buying TSR pro.. thoughts?
    and thoughts of getting a private tutor.. for say, 3-5 hours a week?
    we don't have sets in science - no idea why - guess to stop 'inequality'? we only have sets in maths
    and funnily enough my english teacher isn't even the head of english....
    buy TSR pro if you're going to use the extra stuff and think it would be worth it - i personally - meh
    maybe get a private tutor say, if you feel that you could be better but need support to get better and it isn't due to lack of work... have fun if you do decide to

ReputationRep:
    we don't have sets in science - no idea why - guess to stop 'inequality'? we only have sets in maths
    and funnily enough my english teacher isn't even the head of english....
    buy TSR pro if you're going to use the extra stuff and think it would be worth it - i personally - meh
    maybe get a private tutor say, if you feel that you could be better but need support to get better and it isn't due to lack of work... have fun if you do decide to
    I want a tutor for science to help me work towards getting A*'s in them.
    You're a TSR PRO? whats good about it? >
    and I'm aiming for 7A*'s at a school with bad teachers for a tutor or too would help I should think
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    A question for you guys: For the sciences, have any of you done/about to do any internal science exams this year (ISA's etc.)? If so, could you let me know which exam board it was for and when you did it/will do it? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    A question for you guys: For the sciences, have any of you done/about to do any internal science exams this year (ISA's etc.)? If so, could you let me know which exam board it was for and when you did it/will do it? Thanks!
    AQA Chemistry, halfway through.. did paper one 2 days ago, doing paper 2 next week friday.
    AQA Biology, starting preparation after Chemistry, so will do before Halloween break i guess.
    AQA Physics, unsure, but possible before Xmas?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.