Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Grinders, aka the ones who are inefficient with the ball, but by the law of averages will score because they regularly run at players full pelt, work hard and keep on making chances and rely a lot on their athleticism, which without it they'd be pretty average.
    Pure footballers, ones who may have athleticism, but are known more for the technical abilities on the ball, such as their passing, dribbling in tight spaces, clinical finishing.

Ronaldo e.g. is a complete grinder while Messi is a pure footballer.
    Hazard e.g. is a pure footballer, Coutinho is a pure footballer, Kroos is a pure footballer.
    Drogba is a grinder, Robben is a grinder. Willian is a grinder(albeit a **** one) Valencia of a few seasons back and Jesus Navas are definite grinders.

I prefer pure footballers and there are some players that are hybrids of the two. Franck Ribery e.g.
    Two categories you've made up completely by yourself? How do you think you can classify all top level footballers into these two categories lolol

I can't even get into how many players overlap or just don't fit nicely into either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    You also said we should have bought ADM instead of Ozil (which at the time was probably right, and we would have got Cesc back), but I guess that didn't matter once we bought Sanchez.
    Yeah. I still agree you should have got ADM instead of Ozil as it would have done more for your title challenge last year, Walcott got injured and you had no pace on the wing. Cazorla has been good for Arsenal and I've rated him. He's just been playing out of position. Sanchez you could have got him even if you did get Di Maria.

Sanchez, Cazorla, Di Maria
    Striker

(Original post by KFC Buffet)
    Make sense... how? Like in what way?

To me it's just classic Jam bull****, he gets called out on what he said and as usual the guy can't stop talking, has to say something or another which makes it sound like he still won the argument or had a basis to say his incorrect crap with.

Sanchez works hard but so did Suarez, so did Tevez, so does Aguero, Bergkamp, Rush, even Torres worked hard at Liverpool. Lets see him explain this one. Doesn't Hazard have amazing defensive statistics at Chelsea too...
    Oh, I never said that you can't be a grinder and a pure footballer. It's a balance. If you watch Sanchez play, he just gets at you until you give up. Hazard is less like that.

Hazard has good defensive statistics but not amazing, it's a definite improvement. Amazing defensive statistics is Willian, which Pane in particular was quick to correct me about.

ReputationRep:
    Two categories you've made up completely by yourself? How do you think you can classify all top level footballers into these two categories lolol

I can't even get into how many players overlap or just don't fit nicely into either
    Like I said there are hybrids and the two terms are not mutually exclusive.

But if you watch Sanchez play he's inefficient with the ball and turnovers possession a lot but he gets at his player until they make a mistake. Aka grinding.

ReputationRep:

Don't think the categories of physical and technical footballers is hardly a new phenomenon is it :rolleyes: take the blinkers off for a minute x

ReputationRep:
    Like I said there are hybrids and the two terms are not mutually exclusive.

But if you watch Sanchez play he's inefficient with the ball and turnovers possession a lot but he gets at his player until they make a mistake. Aka grinding.
    What is Naismith? What is Kuyt? What is Suarez? What is Sterling? What is Xavi?

Robben, Arjen Robben, a grinder? Seriously?

You don't have to categorise things all the time. It's like your need to always say 'X player is just another Y player', you really don't have to do that.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (btw, as for Henderson is another Ramires, Henderson has 6 league assists this season, which is as many as Ramires has in his ENTIRE Chelsea career)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Hu)
    Don't think the categories of physical and technical footballers is hardly a new phenomenon is it :rolleyes: take the blinkers off for a minute x
    Ok yh bcuz its as eazy as sayin dis guy is quik and dis guy az mad skilz init

ReputationRep:
    What is Naismith? What is Kuyt? What is Suarez? What is Sterling? What is Xavi?

Robben, Arjen Robben, a grinder? Seriously?

You don't have to categorise things all the time. It's like your need to always say 'X player is just another Y player', you really don't have to do that.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (btw, as for Henderson is another Ramires, Henderson has 6 league assists this season, which is as many as Ramires has in his ENTIRE Chelsea career)
    Robben is pretty direct and goes for goal a lot. I'm looking more at old Robben where he was one in particular but I'd still say he's more grinder than pure footballer, he used to cover Lahm at Right back when he foraged forward under Heynckes and he is the kinda guy who just ran at somebody until they gave up. Just as Ronaldo is more a grinder.

Kuyt is clear grinder as he has little technical ability, Naismith is clear grinder(even though he's not the most physical he works hard and finds spaces), Sterling is a hybrid. Xavi is a pure footballer like with Kroos.

Henderson has had a good season so far and I made the comments in haste because Liverpool were doing ****. Everything is a balance between two extremes anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Henderson has had a good season so far and I made the comments in haste because Liverpool were doing ****. Everything is a balance between two extremes anyway.
    I'm just going to ignore your grindr bull****, think there's an app for people like you

And no, we had the Henderson vs Ramires debate at least twice, and to some extent. Zurich was involved the first time too. It's just you and your need to sound clever/informed.

ReputationRep:
    You're both equally **** posters

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to ignore your grindr bull****, think there's an app for people like you

And no, we had the Henderson vs Ramires debate at least twice, and to some extent. Zurich was involved the first time too. It's just you and your need to sound clever/informed.
    Hear you use Grindr.

And both conversations were done this season(while you were doing ****). If you can find me saying this last season, where I was saying that Henderson would do a Ramsey 13-14 style season this year if he improves his finishing(which you in particular agreed with me although this would be classed as "classic jam categorising" according to your logic :rolleyes:) then I'll say it was not done in haste.

ReputationRep:
    Sanogo off injured... No one can escape the arsenal curse

Also today's games are shaping up great.. All three of United city and Southampton droping points at the moment

Would be happy with just one of them droping them by the end..

ReputationRep:
    Hear you use Grindr.

And both conversations were done this season(while you were doing ****). If you can find me saying this last season, where I was saying that Henderson would do a Ramsey 13-14 style season this year if he improves his finishing(which you in particular agreed with me although this would be classed as "classic jam categorising" according to your logic :rolleyes:) then I'll say it was not done in haste.
    Er I'd never have agreed to that because I've never believed Henderson to have the finishing ability or potential within him. And argued to extreme lengths with Zerforax about that.

Done in haste? It's not as if I put a gun to your head and gave you 5 seconds to say it. Jesus just admit you were wrong

ReputationRep:
    Er I'd never have agreed to that because I've never believed Henderson to have the finishing ability or potential within him. And argued to extreme lengths with Zerforax about that.

Done in haste? It's not as if I put a gun to your head and gave you 5 seconds to say it. Jesus just admit you were wrong
    I wouldn't be able to quote you saying that because I'd have to find a post with one of your many pseudonyms.

I made a mistake and was wrong. Burn me at the stake for I have sinned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Sanogo off injured... No one can escape the arsenal curse

Also today's games are shaping up great.. All three of United city and Southampton droping points at the moment

Would be happy with just one of them droping them by the end..
    Haha, let's wait till the final whistle today eh

But honestly, we can potentially go third today in united lose (they're being outplayed at home)
    And soton lose by two goals

Inb4 two jammy last second winners

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell Utd are playing so **** but they scored. Burnley deserve to be winning this is *******s.

Also England team:

Forster

Clyne-**** knows- Cahil- **** knows maybe gibbs?

Henderson

Ox-Wilshere

Sterling

Sturridge-Kane

Forgot to mention Ings is some player can see Liverpool going for him in the summer if Burnley get relegated or someone like Everton/West Ham

ReputationRep:
    Hear you use Grindr
    ****ing awful chat brought me back to 2010 with insults like that, playing the gay card, go back to the Chelsea thread don't you have a game on surely they'll be at least 2 people posting on there that you can talk to #smallclub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    ****ing awful chat brought me back to 2010 with insults like that, playing the gay card, go back to the Chelsea thread don't you have a game on surely they'll be at least 2 people posting on there that you can talk to #smallclub
    :rofl: ngl I'm bored because Everton are just sitting deep like majority of teams do vs Chelsea. Think I'll rather watch United struggle against Burnley.

Chelsea dominating but no Fabregas so we can't break the defensive structure of Everton.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted for burnley... Hope they keep their heads up because if they can do this again in the 2nd half then they can take something from this game

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: ngl I'm bored because Everton are just sitting deep like majority of teams do vs Chelsea. Think I'll rather watch United struggle against Burnley.

Chelsea dominating but no Fabregas so we can't break the defensive structure of Everton.
    #onemanteam

ReputationRep:

A Chelsea fan barating another team for sitting deep?? Banter is unreal

NGL sounds like a **** game,

Also Smalling should play up front for England SRS not srs

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.