Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mh10)
    Thank you! Well my interview was bizarre because I pretty much was not asked any questions…… I was only really asked one question about my EPQ, which I wrote on the topic of architectures influence on behaviour and the lady interviewing me cut me off after about a sentence with saying "okay that's fine". My interview only lasted around 10 minutes and a lot of that time was filled by the interviewer telling me about her past jobs. She looked through my portfolio very quickly as well, turning the pages before I had a chance to begin speaking about my work. I thought the lack of questions was a sign she didn't like me but thank goodness that wasn't the case! I had my interview there on the 9th December and a day later I had my Cambridge interview which was much more that I would expect from an interview!!
    Hey, Congrats. And now you're at Bartlett studying architecture right? I have got an interview to Bartlett this year and been requested to write an extra PS. It would great if you could tell me a little about studying at Bartlett. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know it was a while ago but I also want to study architecture but I don't have any sort of art subject. I was wondering if you had anybody question your lack to arts at interview and whether you think it was a massive disadvantage. I wanna apply to Cambridge as well so that's what i'm most concerned about! thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grewsters)
    A thread for potential architecture students to discuss applications, offers, universities applied to and when you heard from them.
    I've applied to Cambridge (Pembroke), Bath, Cardiff, Sheffield and Kent (insurance) with A*A*A in physics, biology and maths respectively.
    Anyone else??...
    Hi, I know it was a while ago but I also want to study architecture but I don't have any sort of art subject. I was wondering if you had anybody question your lack to arts at interview and whether you think it was a massive disadvantage. I wanna apply to Cambridge as well so that's what i'm most concerned about! thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyefrail)
    Hi, Art related subjects are necessary olny because they help you build a portfolio. If you can assemble a stellar portfolio without taking art, then they shouldn't question your decision. But regardless, you should enroll at evening drawing/painting/ceramics/sculpture/textile classes. Show them a wide range of media, possibly including 3D works. (Bear in mind that others may come from art oriented schools.)

However, ask admission tutors on the matter. They gladly reply, whether you send them an email or ask them on TSR (there's an ask a cambridge at thread rn too but you can also contact them in a pm).

Btw, we have both a Cambridge thread and an Architecture thread for the '18 entry, feel free to join!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.