The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Not too good atm, at an all time low on this forum. Yourself?

Interesting timing with your return btw.

Uni/work? Life is good, on cruise control hoping Aguero gets me some points tonight.

Not a surprise wrt this forum, got bored with it myself, lost a lot of good posters.

Why is it interesting timing? Probably not around long, just have a lot of free time this week/

Original post by swirly
you cant just come back into our lives like that without an explanation.

where have you been.

i cant go through this again.

Ay lmao

Honestly this forum just got boring, I've been corrupted by the misc for the last year.
Original post by Deshi
Uni/work? Life is good, on cruise control hoping Aguero gets me some points tonight.

Not a surprise wrt this forum, got bored with it myself, lost a lot of good posters.

Why is it interesting timing? Probably not around long, just have a lot of free time this week

Ay lmao

Honestly this forum just got boring, I've been corrupted by the misc for the last year.

Graduated, got myself a 9-5 so that's all good.

This forum forever keeps me pulling me back in ffs.

As for timing; Mourinho sacked, United struggling and Liverpool just beat the best team in the world.
Graduated, got myself a 9-5 so that's all good.

This forum forever keeps me pulling me back in ffs.

As for timing; Mourinho sacked, United struggling and Liverpool just beat the best team in the world.

Good stuff

It lost that pull on me a long time ago, surprised by some of the people I still see posting tbh.

Well what can I say, us sitting in tenth is going to give me a lot of leeway to troll :smug:
Anyone seen this Felipe Anderson guy play?
Original post by Rk2k14

Only his in form
Original post by Rk2k14

I bought him on FIFA 16 career mode

Rather we bought Lucas though. Reckon he'd be a beast in the PL. He can be our Neymar. Only fair since they took Di Maria. Would be tricky to convince him to come in Jan though since we are out of the CL.

Ideally I'd like our front 4 for next season to be

Martial
Goalscoring LW --- Creative #10 ---- Top Dribbler RW

Memphis should be that LW but isn't living up to expectation. I believe we should give him more time though. For the RW would like Lucas. For #10 I'd take Isco (looks city bound though)/Pogba/Fekir (if recovers fine)/Give Pereira a try. Mata doesn't look his old self. We need someone who can unlock defences like Ozil.

Martial
Memphis Isco Lucas
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
I bought him on FIFA 16 career mode

Rather we bought Lucas though. Reckon he'd be a beast in the PL. He can be our Neymar. Only fair since they took Di Maria. Would be tricky to convince him to come in Jan though since we are out of the CL.

Ideally I'd like our front 4 for next season to be

Martial
Goalscoring LW --- Creative #10 ---- Top Dribbler RW

Memphis should be that LW but isn't living up to expectation. I believe we should give him more time though. For the RW would like Lucas. For #10 I'd take Isco (looks city bound though)/Pogba/Fekir (if recovers fine)/Give Pereira a try. Mata doesn't look his old self. We need someone who can unlock defences like Ozil.

Martial
Memphis Isco Lucas

I've seen Felipe play for Lazio he's quality much better than Lucas. They both have that brazilian skill but Felipe has got insane finishing ability and great vision.....he reminds me of Neymar similar type of style. He would be a perfect Winger here :biggrin:

Looks like we will be keeping an eye on J.Rodriguez and Felipe......and Stones!

Memphis Rodriguez Felipe

[video="youtube;KKZoNQU0YmQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZoNQU0YmQ[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Spoiler

We're going down!

dat meme doe :lol:
Original post by NathanW18

Spoiler

We're going down!

how we are not in the relegation zone like Chelsea idek tbh :lol:

terrible
Original post by trapking
how we are not in the relegation zone like Chelsea idek tbh :lol:

terrible

Luck during our first 14 or so games. We have been playing horrible football all season. Our results have now been mirroring our performances.

Our shots per game has been at an all time low. Our conversion of big chances had been at an all time high. Although, our opponents have also had a very high shots per goal ratio.
Luck during our first 14 or so games. We have been playing horrible football all season. Our results have now been mirroring our performances.

Our shots per game has been at an all time low. Our conversion of big chances had been at an all time high. Although, our opponents have also had a very high shots per goal ratio.

Wow....i'm so terrified for the game against Swansea. I don't know what to expect if it's 0-0 i may as well stop watching the games because this is getting hella frustrating and its torture seeing the same thing week in week out :redface:

Van Gaal has broken sooo many records and they are not good ones :lol:
Original post by trapking
Wow....i'm so terrified for the game against Swansea. I don't know what to expect if it's 0-0 i may as well stop watching the games because this is getting hella frustrating and its torture seeing the same thing week in week out :redface:

Van Gaal has broken sooo many records and they are not good ones :lol:

The good thing about playing Swansea is they're also not in good form. We have played horribly against them over the last three years, but they tend to be in good form when we play them. Swansea are one of the couple teams in the league I actually expect us to beat atm.

Surprisingly, the teams we've drawn and lost to recently have been in better form than you'd expect. You'd still expect Man United to beat them at any other time.

So many records have been broken over the last three years. :frown:
I still think the real problems came when LvG tried to play more expansive football due to pressure from the fans. Obviously injuries didn't help, but LvG should have stuck with two proper DMs in the 4-4-1-1 that was getting us results earlier in the season. Morgan should have started in every game he was available, even if he was incapable of doing things Carrick/Basti/Ander can on the ball, or couldn't bring the goal threat of Fellaini. Obviously hindsight is great, cause all four of those midfielders have disappointed in some way over the last 4-6 weeks. But yeah, still can't believe the XI he started with against Wolfsburg - Carrick should have started ahead of Fellaini/Mata.
we're genuinely ****ed! May as well throw away this season we aren't going to win the league and top 4 is looking very bleak indeed :lol:

The good thing about playing Swansea is they're also not in good form. We have played horribly against them over the last three years, but they tend to be in good form when we play them. Swansea are one of the couple teams in the league I actually expect us to beat atm.Surprisingly, the teams we've drawn and lost to recently have been in better form than you'd expect. You'd still expect Man United to beat them at any other time.So many records have been broken over the last three years. :frown:
I had a season ticket for years. Never got my hands on an Liverpool away ticket in all my time of trying.

Finally got one this year.

What a poisoned chalice.
Original post by Flibib
I had a season ticket for years. Never got my hands on an Liverpool away ticket in all my time of trying.

Finally got one this year.

What a poisoned chalice.

Hopefully your time has finally come, rather than ticket demand actually falling that dramatically
I still think the real problems came when LvG tried to play more expansive football due to pressure from the fans. Obviously injuries didn't help, but LvG should have stuck with two proper DMs in the 4-4-1-1 that was getting us results earlier in the season. Morgan should have started in every game he was available, even if he was incapable of doing things Carrick/Basti/Ander can on the ball, or couldn't bring the goal threat of Fellaini. Obviously hindsight is great, cause all four of those midfielders have disappointed in some way over the last 4-6 weeks. But yeah, still can't believe the XI he started with against Wolfsburg - Carrick should have started ahead of Fellaini/Mata.

Can you really say the first bit when the multitude of 0-0 draws was what made Van Gaal adapt a more open formation?

I think the problems have been exacerbated with playing this football without the clinical instinct that Van Gaal talked about earlier this season, but there were issues in the first place as it was.

Latest