Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.10%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.57%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    I have two pokestops at work.

I only have I guess a decent amount of distance in comparison, because my building makes the GPS glitch so it adds distance even though I am sitting. So I bet it is fairly easy to rack up pokestops without distance if one is lucky.

Also, if you live in the city, tend to be a lot more pokestops around than outside.
    Yea I'm in London too. On my walk to work, I hit between 20-30 pokestops each direction. When I walk extra, I've found a route where I can hit about 50 pokestops in like 45 minutes but still my distance to pokestops/pokemon caught is way more than you.

Although I guess if you are sat on two pokestops at work then you can hit every 5 minutes which would be up to 24 pokestops an hour and potentially 200 a day? I guess you get a lot of pokemon spawn on those pokestops too?

Very jealous, I've got about 5 pokestops right by my work but none accessible from my desk.

Ugh.. so somehow I was still in two gyms today after close to 21 hours. Find a third gym to take over but by the time I took that, someone had taken one of my others - why couldn't you have waited 2 mins longer?!

Back up to 110 coins. Might actually buy another incubator. I'm going so slow with my evolutions this time round - still only 30 evolutions ready and in that time I've picked up like 55k XP.. got two lucky eggs so can't see myself getting through those quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Yea I'm in London too. On my walk to work, I hit between 20-30 pokestops each direction. When I walk extra, I've found a route where I can hit about 50 pokestops in like 45 minutes but still my distance to pokestops/pokemon caught is way more than you.

Although I guess if you are sat on two pokestops at work then you can hit every 5 minutes which would be up to 24 pokestops an hour and potentially 200 a day? I guess you get a lot of pokemon spawn on those pokestops too?

Very jealous, I've got about 5 pokestops right by my work but none accessible from my desk.

Ugh.. so somehow I was still in two gyms today after close to 21 hours. Find a third gym to take over but by the time I took that, someone had taken one of my others - why couldn't you have waited 2 mins longer?!

Back up to 110 coins. Might actually buy another incubator. I'm going so slow with my evolutions this time round - still only 30 evolutions ready and in that time I've picked up like 55k XP.. got two lucky eggs so can't see myself getting through those quickly.
    Well it's not like I have no work to do. But I reckon I can get on average 50 pokestops a day at work done and the GPS glitch will make me move 1-1.5km

And well by the time you hit multiple 100k per level, the time it takes to get 60+ evolutions plus the actual evoltions will not even be a single level. Like from 25 to 26 will be 190k exp.

I only have 5km eggs atm and I have never gotten anything good from them, so I think I will see how many coins I have after I used my last free egg and what level I am on.

ReputationRep:
    I started playing a day and a half ago after my girlfriend playing since it came out.

I'm up to level 12 and 50 in my pokedex

We drive round late at night hitting the pokestops

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone worked out how slow you have to drive to fool the game into thinking you are walking?

I read it's 20 MPH but it's definitely less than that even 10 doesn't seem to track it fully

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    I started playing a day and a half ago after my girlfriend playing since it came out.

I'm up to level 12 and 50 in my pokedex

We drive round late at night hitting the pokestops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Has anyone worked out how slow you have to drive to fool the game into thinking you are walking?

I read it's 20 MPH but it's definitely less than that even 10 doesn't seem to track it fully
    50 Pokemon in a day and a half? Wow!

And jogging doesn't even count. It counts maybe 50% of distance on jogging and in cycling I have gotten lucky and it counter 10% sometimes almost nothing.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even just walking it's a bit dodgy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it's not like I have no work to do. But I reckon I can get on average 50 pokestops a day at work done and the GPS glitch will make me move 1-1.5km

And well by the time you hit multiple 100k per level, the time it takes to get 60+ evolutions plus the actual evoltions will not even be a single level. Like from 25 to 26 will be 190k exp.

I only have 5km eggs atm and I have never gotten anything good from them, so I think I will see how many coins I have after I used my last free egg and what level I am on.
    That's pretty sweet. I'd def use some lures at work if I could

Yea I'm closing in on level 23 at the moment. Just surprised how long it's taking me to get those 65 evolutions. It's been about 8 days and I'm still only on around 30-35

ReputationRep:
    Why is it all the squirtles I seem to find have REALLY crap IVs?...

Also, need to ask guys but do most of the Pokemon you guys get from eggs have decent-good IVs? Seems to be the case for me. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Why is it all the squirtles I seem to find have REALLY crap IVs?...

Also, need to ask guys but do most of the Pokemon you guys get from eggs have decent-good IVs? Seems to be the case for me. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to say my higher IV pokemon have been from eggs but I haven't been watching it closely tbh. Only checked IVs for a few pokemon really since not in a position to evolve many strong pokemon.

Having thought about it.. I really want a high CP/IV Electabuzz (or Jolteon) which has Thunder Shock/Thunder as the moveset. Both are similar stats but I'd have to find a high IV eevee, evolve it and then take the risk with the movesets whereas I'd know upfront with an Electabuzz.

I see so many Lapras/Vaporeon/Gyarados/Slowbrow and a strong thunder type would make gym battles so much easier!

ReputationRep:
    - Jogger
    - Collector
    - Breeder
    - Backpacker
    Level 22
    Jogger - 87.6
    Collector - 1,068
    Breeder - 40 (mainly pidgeys and weedles :mad: )
    Backpacker - 1,028

And someone asked about goals - valor (they're red right) have taken my local gym up to level 7. My short term goal is to kick em out :ninjagirl: Medium term - keep eking up coins to get a bigger bag and then figure out what else (either lucky eggs or lures or incubators)
    Long term - creep up to level 30 or so. I'll probably end up playing more when the weather turns as I'll be walking/bus-ing to work instead of cycling so I'll be able to play on the move (and the bus route passes more pokestops)

Oh and I've got a Weepinbell at 843cp that I'd love to evolve up (but currently have 4/100 bellsprout canies so that might be a very long term goal :rofl: )

ReputationRep:
    Guys, at what point do you start finding high CP Pokemon?

Highest wild CP Pokemon I've found are 2 just SLIGHTLY above 1,000CP Golbats (Around 1,062) and after that, highest pokemon is a 628CP Eevee...

So, yeah. Is rare for me to find anything with a CP above level 500...
    And given I'm nearly level 22, I need better pokemon... most of my pokemon which are above 1,000 are pokemon you can evolve into 1,000+CP pokemon (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Pidgeot etc...)

Also, am kicking myself today... found a wild Slowbro today (CP was only 111 but still) and it ran away after 1 great ball... =(
    Should have used a Razberry an an ultra... but normally save my ultra balls for things like Squirtles. Which seem relatively common(ish) in my area...

ReputationRep:

Highest wild CP Pokemon I've found are 2 just SLIGHTLY above 1,000CP Golbats (Around 1,062) and after that, highest pokemon is a 628CP Eevee...

And given I'm nearly level 22, I need better pokemon... most of my pokemon which are above 1,000 are pokemon you can evolve into 1,000+CP pokemon (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Pidgeot etc...)

Also, am kicking myself today... found a wild Slowbro today (CP was only 111 but still) and it ran away after 1 great ball... =(
    Should have used a Razberry an an ultra... but normally save my ultra balls for things like Squirtles. Which seem relatively common(ish) in my area...
    I've had exactly the same issue. The one except was I found a CP 1400 Lapras in the wild. After that, I've hatched a CP 1280 Magmar and a CP 1700 Lapras (which I've powered to just under CP 2000.

Otherwise a few evolutions have been a decent amount. Have 12 pokemon over CP 1000 but half of them a bit useless.

I started finding higher CP at level 20 so maybe there's another trigger at lv 25?

ReputationRep:
    I've had exactly the same issue. The one except was I found a CP 1400 Lapras in the wild. After that, I've hatched a CP 1280 Magmar and a CP 1700 Lapras (which I've powered to just under CP 2000.

Otherwise a few evolutions have been a decent amount. Have 12 pokemon over CP 1000 but half of them a bit useless.

I started finding higher CP at level 20 so maybe there's another trigger at lv 25?
    I have 11, but 5 of them are Hynos and all of them are useless.

I do have a 95% IV Magikarp that I am able to evolve during my next cycle (I have the candies now, just waiting for 4 eggs to hatch during that) so hopefully I can get that one to close to 2000 with power ups (well hoping its movesets will be good).

ReputationRep:
    I forgot this game existed. :indiff:

ReputationRep:

You seem unlucky. I just caught a 602 Slowpoke with a normal ball on 2nd attempt.

Then again a 10 CP Caterpie ran away after the first ball...

I get a ton of 400-600 CP Pokemons (around 600 usually Drowzee a lot and Slowpokes to a less extent) but they are never that amazing in terms of IVs.

ReputationRep:

I'm similar. Of my top bunch only one the seaking was caught with that CP (and has proved useless for fighting gyms - my 800-900 weepinbell and parasect are both more use)
    Name:  image.png
Views: 41
Size:  273.6 KB

Hanging around in areas with higher level players (so busy spots with lures on pokestops) is supposed to be the quickest way to find more high CP pokemon .... But seeing and catching are very different

ReputationRep:
    I have 11, but 5 of them are Hynos and all of them are useless.

I do have a 95% IV Magikarp that I am able to evolve during my next cycle (I have the candies now, just waiting for 4 eggs to hatch during that) so hopefully I can get that one to close to 2000 with power ups (well hoping its movesets will be good).
    Having one or two Hypnos isn't terrible but yea it does feel like you need one high CP pokemon. Presume you haven't used any stardust yet though? I added like 300 CP by using stardust which makes a big difference.

A 2k Gyarados would be pretty impressive..

I've got a 15/15/14 Magikarp which I could power into a 1750 Gyarados but only at 200 candies

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure what the issue is here tbh, of course you're not going to catch any Pokemon 1000+ if they're not the evolved forms/don't evolve. I currently have 49 Pokemon over 1000 CP and I only caught around 7 of them at that CP. Those Pokemon are Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Scyther, Lapras, Snorlax and Lickitung. None of these Pokemon can evolve and that's why they're such a high CP. If you catch a 1000+ Pidgey then you Pidgeot is going to be 3000 CP or some ****, not really sure what you guys are expecting tbh.

Also, what counts as a "high" CP is determined by the Pokemon you catch. For example, I can now catch Pidgeys at around 450 CP, which is very high, but a 1000 CP Dragonite is a terrible Dragonite and won't really be much use. As you level up, you'll run into higher CP Pokemon but if all you ran into were Pidgeys before, you're still only going to find Pidgeys, they'll just be a higher CP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtjl)
    I'm not really sure what the issue is here tbh, of course you're not going to catch any Pokemon 1000+ if they're not the evolved forms/don't evolve. I currently have 49 Pokemon over 1000 CP and I only caught around 7 of them at that CP. Those Pokemon are Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Scyther, Lapras, Snorlax and Lickitung. None of these Pokemon can evolve and that's why they're such a high CP. If you catch a 1000+ Pidgey then you Pidgeot is going to be 3000 CP or some ****, not really sure what you guys are expecting tbh.

Also, what counts as a "high" CP is determined by the Pokemon you catch. For example, I can now catch Pidgeys at around 450 CP, which is very high, but a 1000 CP Dragonite is a terrible Dragonite and won't really be much use. As you level up, you'll run into higher CP Pokemon but if all you ran into were Pidgeys before, you're still only going to find Pidgeys, they'll just be a higher CP.
    I just want more pokemon which have the ability to become CP 1500-2000 (since I'm level 22) whether by evolution or stardust.

ReputationRep:
    Having one or two Hypnos isn't terrible but yea it does feel like you need one high CP pokemon. Presume you haven't used any stardust yet though? I added like 300 CP by using stardust which makes a big difference.

A 2k Gyarados would be pretty impressive..

I've got a 15/15/14 Magikarp which I could power into a 1750 Gyarados but only at 200 candies
    Well the IV calc estimates if I max it, to get to 1954. But I heard it depends a bit on the evolution?

And wow, I have almost 800 candies! The Magikarp's just love our main station that I frequent oftenly.

And yes I sometimes used stardust to power up just to get a more accurate IV calculation but other than that I have saved them. Am on ca. 150k atm.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.