[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Another week of waiting and pestering teachers at my sixth form, to complete my reference, approve my application and send it off to Ucas.the long wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Swansea? That's like a last resort kind of uni for Econ because they ask for like BBB, Or you could do Reading or Exeter?
    Kent for Economics BBB if u have a level math or ABB without and they're pretty decent as well.

ReputationRep:
    Applying for:

Economics - Nottingham
    Economics with Industrial Experience - Exeter
    Economics with Placement - Surrey
    Economics with Year in Industry - Loughborough
    Economics with Year in Industry - Kent

Predicted Grades: A*AA-A*A*A (Mathematics, Economics, Business Studies, and Extended Project).

Finished my personal statement and everything on UCAS Application, waiting for school to write reference and confirm predicted grades and send it off!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any biomedical science/ biology offer some yet?
    I hoped I'd get offers quickly since I'm applying with achieved grades Better than the entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for chemical engineering

Manchester- AAA
    Lancaster AAB
    Edinburgh-ABB
    Heriot-watt- BBB
    Birmingham- A*AA

My predicted grades are AAB does anyone think i am overreaching by applying to these unis i already know Birmingham overreaching

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConicalFlask)
    Has anyone received any biomedical science/ biology offer some yet?
    I hoped I'd get offers quickly since I'm applying with achieved grades Better than the entry requirements.
    I received offers from York and Queen Mary for Neuroscience(similar to biomedical science...lol)
    Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moogle679)
    That's great well done! How long did it take for them to reply and what are your predicted grades?
    I applied on the last Friday of September and got an offer the following Wednesday! My predicted grades are A*AA* (the A in further Maths (our school won't predict A* for further maths)! Are you looking to apply for Maths then? And where?

ReputationRep:
    Applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Loughborough, UCL and Warwick. Application handed in on 10/10/16, sent on 13/10/16.
    Got 1 offer (Warwick, AAA) and 2 interviews (Imperial and Loughborough) in the space of about a week.
    Cambridge will take a while as interviews aren't until December
    but UCL should hopefully send a response soon.
    I've got A*A*A*A predictions, going for chemical engineering if it matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace_Cong1998)
    I received offers from York and Queen Mary for Neuroscience(similar to biomedical science...lol)
    Where did you apply?
    Oxford, Durham, York and Bath, all for biomedical science

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for psychology courses and received any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any offers for engineering yet? I sent of my UCAS a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm starting to stress a bit...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace_Cong1998)
    Where did you apply?
    Hiya, if you don't mind me asking how long did it take York to offer you a place? I've applied for neuroscience and psychology there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    Hiya, if you don't mind me asking how long did it take York to offer you a place? I've applied for neuroscience and psychology there
    After a week receiving their acknowledgement It won't be long I think.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahbobanna)
    Anyone got any offers for engineering yet? I sent of my UCAS a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm starting to stress a bit...
    Only from Birmingham, no one else yet for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxsciencemathsxX)
    I applied on the last Friday of September and got an offer the following Wednesday! My predicted grades are A*AA* (the A in further Maths (our school won't predict A* for further maths)! Are you looking to apply for Maths then? And where?
    That's a shame they don't predict A* for Further Maths, it looks like you'd deserve it based on the others! Yeah I'm looking to do MMath/MSci for maths too, I am applying to Bath, Bristol, Imperial, Exeter and Nottingham, which others did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    Only from Birmingham, no one else yet for me
    Where else have you applied? I'm Imperial, Bath, Bristol, Manchester and Queen Mary's.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had any primary education offers? Preferably from Northumbria, Leeds Becket, york st johns , sunderland or stirling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    I'm applying for chemical engineering

Manchester- AAA
    Lancaster AAB
    Edinburgh-ABB
    Heriot-watt- BBB
    Birmingham- A*AA

My predicted grades are AAB does anyone think i am overreaching by applying to these unis i already know Birmingham overreaching
    People recommend that you apply to one "unrealistic" uni, two or three unis around your predicted grade standard and one below your predicted grade so you have a good mix. I'm also applying for Chemical Engineering at three of the unis you chose + UCL and Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    Any offers from Durham/Exeter/St Andrews/KCL for politics/economics/international relations?

ReputationRep:
    Our school is sending everyone's off this week, the same time as Oxbridge. One of my friends has applied to Cambridge and Glasgow and she's already got an offer from Glasgow for psychology the day after she sent it

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.