Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
amar09
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by abcdefg1990)
hey guys, Ive been away for a couple of days so i haven't been able to keep up with the extremely tense LSE thread lol, but have there been any offers or rejections this week, and any guesses on the pattern. ( i did try and look on previous pages by everyone has made so many posts in the space of just 3 days lol)
Yea there were a few rejections Yesterday. And why didn't you just check the first page, thats why its there!
izoar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Offers on Friday?
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Didn't know that was possible!

I should have done that, as D1 is actually a joke, as is D2 probably, and FP3 was pretty easy but I was with AQA.
Yeah, D1 is a doddle, D2 is shorter and really not much harder. FP3 for edexcel is not a walk in the park - I'm not sure how much it'll help with admissions though. May turn out to be an ENORMOUS waste of time
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by izoar)
Offers on Friday?
Let us hope so!
abcdefg1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Yea there were a few rejections Yesterday. And why didn't you just check the first page, thats why its there!
oh, because i didn't think it would have the date of rejection/offer as some of the rejections maybe from the previous round...or maybe it does and I'm not looking properly. anyway isn't Tuesday out of pattern, and does this mean next week maybe offers? or has everyone given up trying to predict the pattern, or lack off:p:
amar09
Rep:
?
oh, because i didn't think it would have the date of rejection/offer as some of the rejections maybe from the previous round...or maybe it does and I'm not looking properly. anyway isn't Tuesday out of pattern, and does this mean next week maybe offers? or has everyone given up trying to predict the pattern, or lack off:p:
Yep its out of pattern and everyone is confused!

The date in brackets next to the rejectees is the date on which they got rejected
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_Am_Abbas)
Thank you! Just teaching myself D1, D2 and FP3 - most people could if they could find the time tbh.

I appreciate your confidence but definately is NOT a word that is appropriate in admissions, especially for courses as competitive as LSE and Cam! All it takes is me to mess up my interview (providing I get one), or my my PS to be misunderstood and my first 2 choices are rejections.

Best of luck with your applications
I really appreciate that you understand that admissions can go either way, very few people with your track record would understand that.

I am guessing Cambridge is your first choice at least in the UK? If you get offers from your American choices as well, which will you choose? I would be very surprised if you didn't get one from the American unis, because you have practically done all the maths they can possibly teach you in the first year or two for Economics :p:
likewinethroughwater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone got an offer for economics and philosophy yet?

dramaminedreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
I really appreciate that you understand that admissions can go either way, very few people with your track record would understand that.

I am guessing Cambridge is your first choice at least in the UK? If you get offers from your American choices as well, which will you choose? I would be very surprised if you didn't get one from the American unis, because you have practically done all the maths they can possibly teach you in the first year or two for Economics :p:
I don't think even do 19 modules is all the maths (for MEI) they could teach in the first year, as I have got some of the reading material (the maths related stuff) and there is quite a bit of new material.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by likewinethroughwater)
Anyone got an offer for economics and philosophy yet?

Nobody has gotten an offer for anything.

Does NOBODY look at the first page before asking questions?:mad:
Roundabout
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Attempt to find patterns, you must not. Dangerous business, it is. For a decision for a thousand hours, I waited. To find a pattern, I attempted, and, alas, immediately rejected, was I.

[/yoda]
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dramaminedreams)
I don't think even do 19 modules is all the maths (for MEI) they could teach in the first year, as I have got some of the reading material (the maths related stuff) and there is quite a bit of new material.
I was joking :p:

But he will have a very strong grounding, because of the useful stuff in the 18 modules in Edexcel, its mostly the pure maths which you do anyway if you do FMaths, and the statistics but you can choose to specialize in that anyway.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Roundabout)
Attempt to find patterns, you must not. Dangerous business, it is. For a decision for a thousand hours, I waited. To find a pattern, I attempted, and, alas, immediately rejected, was I.

[/yoda]
Hey, better now that in April
likewinethroughwater
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
Does NOBODY look at the first page before asking questions?:mad:
Er,

Evidently not.

A simple "NO" would have sufficed it.
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Thanks!

Yeah, just love Cambridge, 1st choice in the world. Due to the timings of the applications, I won't have to choose between the 2. Either I am extremely fortunate and get an offer from Cam and accept it, meaning not accepting American ones (if i were to get an offer), or no Cam offer then I could gladly accept any forthcoming american ones!

I am not taking S4, was going to but decided against it, that would cover all relevant maths modules at A level to economics I think, but stand to be corrected
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by I_Am_Abbas)
Thanks!

Yeah, just love Cambridge, 1st choice in the world. Due to the timings of the applications, I won't have to choose between the 2. Either I am extremely fortunate and get an offer from Cam and accept it, meaning not accepting American ones (if i were to get an offer), or no Cam offer then I could gladly accept any forthcoming american ones!

I am not taking S4, was going to but decided against it, that would cover all relevant maths modules at A level to economics I think, but stand to be corrected
Yeah, the system is a ***** I understand what you must be thinking. I would advise that you accept an American uni even still, just so you have a few more months to think about it. You might change your mind (esp if you get Harvard!).

If i remember, you might have to put a deposit once you accept right? That might be a pain, otherwise, I really think keeping your options open is the best thing. Are you applying for scholarships/funding from the American unis?
I_Am_Abbas
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, the system is a ***** I understand what you must be thinking. I would advise that you accept an American uni even still, just so you have a few more months to think about it. You might change your mind (esp if you get Harvard!).

If i remember, you might have to put a deposit once you accept right? That might be a pain, otherwise, I really think keeping your options open is the best thing. Are you applying for scholarships/funding from the American unis?
Yeah, if I were to get an American offer, regardless of any UK offers, I would be inclined to accept it - would probably ring and ask admissions people at the college before I did. Who knows - I may be able to use them as a sort of insurance if I have high conditional offers from the UK! Unlikely though...

I don't think the deposit is too financially strenuous, and yes definitely applying for financial aid! The fees would be quite a burden. Maybe should have provisionally bought and hoarded dollars earlier this year

Thank you for the advice - great to hear from someone who clearly knows what they're talking about
littlemiss-sunshine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've only just found this thread... anyway, I'm applying to LSE for economics but haven't heard anything yet
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by littlemiss-sunshine)
I've only just found this thread... anyway, I'm applying to LSE for economics but haven't heard anything yet
Welcome to the thread - more competition for me.

You've missed all the laughter, tears and speculation over the last couple of weeks.
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LSE LAW LLB applying/pending/acknowledged.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.9%
No (385)
72.1%

Watched Threads