Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haya)
    I just applied for accommodation Hopefully I'll get Stafford! Anyone else here applied for it?
    Iiiiiiiiiiiii have!! I want Stafford too!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dear All,

I have got an unconditional offer from Aston Business School for Sept 2009 MBA.

I need your advice and suggestions regarding Aston University and the future job prospects after mba.

I have more than 3 years of work ex as manager currently.

Looking forward to some suggestions and advice.

Cheers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtom:))
    Iiiiiiiiiiiii have!! I want Stafford too!!!
    Me too! :woo: I asked very politely if i could posibly be placed in Stafford. Fingers crossed! Just have to get on with this bloody research project now over Easter! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougLTFC)
    Me too! :woo: I asked very politely if i could posibly be placed in Stafford. Fingers crossed! Just have to get on with this bloody research project now over Easter! :eek3:
    At least you've only got one. I've got 5. Already done one and a half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    At least you've only got one. I've got 5. Already done one and a half.
    Ouch! How many words are they approx? Sounds painful! Mentally, obviously:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! How many words are they approx? Sounds painful! Mentally, obviously:yep:
    3 of them are 2000 words but for one of them I have to do about 5-7 hours of prep work for it as well. 2000 words is usually ok though. Then I've got another one which is 1000 words and then a group computer project which I've got no idea how many more hours we'll have to put in.

What've you got to do?

ReputationRep:
    3 of them are 2000 words but for one of them I have to do about 5-7 hours of prep work for it as well. 2000 words is usually ok though. Then I've got another one which is 1000 words and then a group computer project which I've got no idea how many more hours we'll have to put in.

What've you got to do?
    Mine is 8000 words minimum. Although we can choose whatever subject we like which should, in theory, make it easier. But it doesn't as i have no motivation at the moment whatsoever.

I also have a History assignment on 'The Poor Law' due in a week after Easter which is 1500 words minimum and a Sociology one due in a week after that which is 1500 too. This is just an Access Course! I can't wait until Uni! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is 8000 words minimum. Although we can choose whatever subject we like which should, in theory, make it easier. But it doesn't as i have no motivation at the moment whatsoever.

I also have a History assignment on 'The Poor Law' due in a week after Easter which is 1500 words minimum and a Sociology one due in a week after that which is 1500 too. This is just an Access Course! I can't wait until Uni! :eek3:
    Ok yours might actually be worse than mine! I always find it easier to write about things that I've chosen though. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ok yours might actually be worse than mine! I always find it easier to write about things that I've chosen though. Good luck!
    Haha! Thank you. Good luck with yours too.

Wooooooo! :clap2: Slightly random outburst of excitement that i'm going to Aston in September!

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Thank you. Good luck with yours too.

Wooooooo! :clap2: Slightly random outburst of excitement that i'm going to Aston in September!
    Thanks I finished the 2nd one today.

Yay I'm freaking out a bit that I'm leaving the country in 2 months. I'm gonna miss Aston.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I finished the 2nd one today.

Yay I'm freaking out a bit that I'm leaving the country in 2 months. I'm gonna miss Aston.

Where are you going, if you don't mind me asking? I'd quite like to leave the country right now to be quite honest! A lot of sun would be rather nice. I'd even settle for snow, anything is better than this country at the moment!

I haven't even started any of mine yet Spent the day at Wembley/getting drunk yesterday and duly slept until 2pm today and went straight back out. It's been quite a messy weekend all in all.

ReputationRep:
    Spent the day at Wembley/getting drunk yesterday and duly slept until 2pm today and went straight back out. It's been quite a messy weekend all in all.
    Congrats to Luton! :yep: I was watching a bit of the match on TV. Really wanted you to win as you're not having much fun in the league at the moment you need something to cheer about!

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going, if you don't mind me asking? I'd quite like to leave the country right now to be quite honest! A lot of sun would be rather nice. I'd even settle for snow, anything is better than this country at the moment!

I haven't even started any of mine yet Spent the day at Wembley/getting drunk yesterday and duly slept until 2pm today and went straight back out. It's been quite a messy weekend all in all.
    I'm off to Germany for a year. The weather isn't much different to here though.

Haha sounds nice!! I've been drinking a bit and it seems that a lot of people have better sleeping patterns than me. I need to crack on with the prep for one of the worst projects today. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gillipies)
    Congrats to Luton! :yep: I was watching a bit of the match on TV. Really wanted you to win as you're not having much fun in the league at the moment you need something to cheer about!
    Thank you! It was an amazing day, it just shows that we'll never die and it showed the suits at the FA/FL that whatever unwarranted punishment they throw at football clubs to make an example of them, the fans will always pull them through!

I'm off to Germany for a year. The weather isn't much different to here though.

Haha sounds nice!! I've been drinking a bit and it seems that a lot of people have better sleeping patterns than me. I need to crack on with the prep for one of the worst projects today. Boo.
    I'm so jealous that you're going on you're placement! I hope you have an amazing time!

As for sleeping patterns, mine's rubbish, as you may be able to tell by looking at the time of my post's!

How did the prep go, well i hope? Tomorrow is my start date for all mine now i am over my binge drinking session of approximately 5 days. Slightly ashamed of how much alcohol i have consumed!

ReputationRep:
    hey.....i've applied for the msc international business course for this yr sept 09....neone ere who can tell me bout of how good the course is???nd bout the university and the student life....i'm from India ...are there a lotta indians in the university?

ReputationRep:
    why? are you prejudice against english people? *** rolls eyes ***

ReputationRep:
    There is a sizeable sub-continental community.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! It was an amazing day, it just shows that we'll never die and it showed the suits at the FA/FL that whatever unwarranted punishment they throw at football clubs to make an example of them, the fans will always pull them through!

I'm so jealous that you're going on you're placement! I hope you have an amazing time!

As for sleeping patterns, mine's rubbish, as you may be able to tell by looking at the time of my post's!

How did the prep go, well i hope? Tomorrow is my start date for all mine now i am over my binge drinking session of approximately 5 days. Slightly ashamed of how much alcohol i have consumed!
    I only just noticed this message, sorry! Haha, thank you. Me too.

Haha yeah I have noticed!

I'm still going, it's a nightmare. Basically I have to transcribe a conversation and use symbols for pauses or change in intonation etc, then type it up, then identify phases in the conversation and uses of language, then do the essay plan, and then the actual essay. It's so time consuming. I'm only just onto typing this transcription up but I think I'm going too far ahead.

Wow, 5 days!! I wish I'd done something similar cos I've only had 2 bottles in the past week.

ReputationRep:
    I only just noticed this message, sorry! Haha, thank you. Me too.

Haha yeah I have noticed!

I'm still going, it's a nightmare. Basically I have to transcribe a conversation and use symbols for pauses or change in intonation etc, then type it up, then identify phases in the conversation and uses of language, then do the essay plan, and then the actual essay. It's so time consuming. I'm only just onto typing this transcription up but I think I'm going too far ahead.

Wow, 5 days!! I wish I'd done something similar cos I've only had 2 bottles in the past week.
    You get to hear mine and Leah's lovely voices speaking German though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raspberrybubbles)
    You get to hear mine and Leah's lovely voices speaking German though
    She can't get away from us! :p:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.