Medicine Rejections 2009 entry Watch

L'amourantDeLaPenguin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by !MEna)
After trawling through some of the older threads, UCL give out quite a few pre-interview rejections in early February and BSMS put a lot of applicants on a reserve list in late January. You can't really predict it though - in the 2008 cycle, King's rejected a lot of applicants before the Christmas holidays yet left it till early January this time round.

I think February will prove to be a relatively active and crucial month for a few of us.
Thanks !MEna. Yeah, better off not trying to second-guess these admissions loonies I suppose..

As long as UCAS doesn't try and break my heart again during these Jan exams, I'm ok with not hearing anything. Then maybe I'll think about crossing February's bridge when I get to it
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
Are trawling through threads and searching for lil hope that there is left just like me?

Im guessing UCL hasnt come to my application yet, otherwise i would have been rejected by now.

Bristol ... *blank mind*

Im waiting on SGUL..the drama queen...

Hows revision??
Yeah, I do it a lot too! It's fun looking back at those threads since everyone's sig is now like "omg medicine '08 fresherrr!" yet their posts back then depict exactly what a lot of us are going through right now. Touch wood it works out for us both too!

Revision is slowly progressing. I tend to focus on my first exams rather my last ones so I'm quite prepared for Chemistry and one Biology module. I'm relatively certain I'll end up resitting CPT4 and BYB5 in June but to be honest, I'm determined to get Unit 4 (chem) and BYB4 out of the way for good. They're the important ones right now so I'm not too fussed about the others.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are trawling through threads and searching for lil hope that there is left just like me?

Im guessing UCL hasnt come to my application yet, otherwise i would have been rejected by now.

Bristol ... *blank mind*

Im waiting on SGUL..the drama queen...

Hows revision??
=[ we're all going through that stage i suppose...

you will hear from UCL and bristol and SGUL soon enough.... just hang in there :jumphug:
besides remember application process isnt over yet. still got some hope!! :]
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
=[ we're all going through that stage i suppose...

you will hear from UCL and bristol and SGUL soon enough.... just hang in there :jumphug:
besides remember application process isnt over yet. still got some hope!! :]
Yeah, I suppose.

You prepared for imperial? Go and ace it
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I suppose.

You prepared for imperial? Go and ace it
heh not really. but there;s just so much you can prepare......
i will ace it i hope. xD i am so happy i got the interview though. :]]

and it's erm revision before that. grr. macbeth sucks..... stupid oral commentaries ...... and chem >.< MY NOTES!

and mock exams in feb :eek: it's SO soon!! :/
isaida
Report 9 years ago
when's your imperial interview?

universities seem to have left out my school! the 7 of us doing medicine in the year haven't heard anything (except oxbridge)...none of us have interviews/offers/rejections from other unis...couple of us are getting a bit stressed....our bio teacher keeps saying no news is good news but we cant help feeling anxious
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by isaida)
when's your imperial interview?

universities seem to have left out my school! the 7 of us doing medicine in the year haven't heard anything (except oxbridge)...none of us have interviews/offers/rejections from other unis...couple of us are getting a bit stressed....our bio teacher keeps saying no news is good news but we cant help feeling anxious
17th. there's also a thread .. the stalker thread which has all the applicants interviews rejections etcetc. somewhere floating about. which you may find interesting ..

well it is. no news is good news..
that's what we're hoping. they havent crushed us yet. ^^
keep on hoping and hang in there :]]

where did you apply?
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
heh not really. but there;s just so much you can prepare......
i will ace it i hope. xD i am so happy i got the interview though. :]]

and it's erm revision before that. grr. macbeth sucks..... stupid oral commentaries ...... and chem >.< MY NOTES!

and mock exams in feb :eek: it's SO soon!! :/
Ah Macbeth...I dont remember a single quote...good ol gcses...

I should be revising but I had an exam today..now I feel as if Im done..but i got 5 more to go!!!! Im gona make a proper start soon.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah Macbeth...I dont remember a single quote...good ol gcses...

I should be revising but I had an exam today..now I feel as if Im done..but i got 5 more to go!!!! Im gona make a proper start soon.
heh. good old lady macbeth.... one of the most evil women in literature imo.
stuff she says is just SO brutal!! >.<

we only do seem to be reading about oppressed women in english class. . . oh and oppressed blacks. with some russian lit.... >.<
isaida
Report 9 years ago
17th. there's also a thread .. the stalker thread which has all the applicants interviews rejections etcetc. somewhere floating about. which you may find interesting ..

well it is. no news is good news..
that's what we're hoping. they havent crushed us yet. ^^
keep on hoping and hang in there :]]

where did you apply?
oxford (rejected pre-interview...guess because of my BMAT)
imperial (nothing )
kings (acknowledged)
southampton (nothing )

haha waiting to hear something is crushing me!
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by isaida)
oxford (rejected pre-interview...guess because of my BMAT)
imperial (nothing )
kings (acknowledged)
southampton (nothing )

haha waiting to hear something is crushing me!
:hugs: im sure you will hear from them :] no news is probably they havent looked through your application yet. so dont worry that much :]
everything will work out fine . hopefully
sd91
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
the majority of us would have heard the outcomes of our application in 12 weeks time which seems like a milestone away but n reality it is actually quite near
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sd91)
the majority of us would have heard the outcomes of our application in 12 weeks time which seems like a milestone away but n reality it is actually quite near
When you put it that way, my heart bleeds. :p:
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
May be its good that I dont hold a medicine offer yet. Otherwise, i would be day dreaming, oh so happily, and only aim to meet the offer or just thinking 'i will do it in due time'...lemme get more of this daydream :P: and planning what to take to uni LMAO. But, now this zero offered me can only think of achieving one thing : grades.

I do realise the waiting isnt really helping me either. Nightmares as opposed to daydreams. Haha.
sd91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh **** - in 24 weeks we will be doing our final a2s. on that note i really should do a bit of work ready for my chem exam tommorow
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sd91)
oh **** - in 24 weeks we will be doing our final a2s. on that note i really should do a bit of work ready for my chem exam tommorow

Forget 12 weeks hehe...save that first.
sd91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you'll get there in the end SG. i just hate all of this waiting - it is driving me crazy. my two best friends have got got interviews and offers from soton and keep reminding me of it. everyone i know has either got an interview or offer and im just so annoyed about the waiting and the blank ucas screen
sd91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Forget 12 weeks hehe...save that first.
it should be ok - i know a lot more than i did last year. i just need to go to sleep now but i cant be bothered to move lol. im finding it hard to focus on exams with ucas going on. hopefully by may ill be in a better position and can focus 1005 as opposed to 80% right now
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
May be its good that I dont hold a medicine offer yet. Otherwise, i would be day dreaming, oh so happily, and only aim to meet the offer or just thinking 'i will do it in due time'...lemme get more of this daydream :P: and planning what to take to uni LMAO. But, now this zero offered me can only think of achieving one thing : grades.

I do realise the waiting isnt really helping me either. Nightmares as opposed to daydreams. Haha.

That's the one thing I didn't like about it! I've already dropped a subject at school! Seriously, get as much work done as you can before you get an offer! Then your A levels will be the last thing on your mind!
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
That's the one thing I didn't like about it! I've already dropped a subject at school! Seriously, get as much work done as you can before you get an offer! Then your A levels will be the last thing on your mind!

erm...im confused...you didnt like my statement?

May be i didnt make myself clear.

Its good that i dont have an offer yet as it would limit my aims. I would only aim to meet the offer just about, when i could be doing better. But, right now, im aiming for the maximum as Im not given a limit (AAB or AAA) and also to secure myself just like you said .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads