Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I'd possibly be better off asking the pharmacists, but do any of you know the cheapest way of getting diclofenac (or similar) OTC? I've tried Voltareze, but at £7/pack I'm not keen.
    Lloyds Pharmacy do a high strength ibuprofen that was pretty good
    http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/webapp...otspot_prefix=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    No, not all of it, its much too fast. I know loads more than i would if i read a book for an hour though, i know what bits to read again or think about (often only really need the latter!) which is much more efficient than going through all of it from scratch (as far as i can see?) and leaves you more time to read more complicated things than basics, which is essential for our other exams.
    See if ours were like that, I'd perhaps agree with you. But the vast majority aren't.

course feedback? do others agree?
    They'd never change it even if it was a totally unanimous opinion. It'd involve too much of a course remodel.
    Most others feel content with the lectures, to be honest. But most of the people on my course aren't quite as nerdy as me and therefore learn the minimum level science/general detail they can get away with. As a result they're perfectly happy to memorise the lecture slides we get. Maybe it's just my - and a select few others' - problem :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm but I watch it online so I don't need one I don't think? /ponders/

So far disappointing tbh. Don't get why they're living together?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)

If you watch it live online then theoretically you do :holmes:

If it's post-showing then you don't :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    If you watch it live online then theoretically you do :holmes:

If it's post-showing then you don't :yep:
    Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    medic post might be good here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1551587

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Oh dear.
    Tvcatchup isn't live, it's a second or two behind - apparently it's been through the courts already and proved that you don't need a license for it. Alternatively, if you watch it on a laptop, but run it on battery instead of mains power, it comes under your parents TV license.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Any of the BL lot planning to be in the Griff tomorrow?
    You heading in for Le Bars last night? As far as I know, none of the TSR freshers tend to go to tables all that much. Can't speak for the upper years.

I'm still in Wales so I won't be.

(Original post by lekky)
    Sometimes yes, especially as I've been having some problems with my friends recently
    and there was a period where PBL wasn't working for me
    and I am so far away from home here -- like you I like home, I am close to my family and have a lot of close friends in my home city who have stayed there -- my other option was significantly closer and meant I could have gone home a lot easier

I don't think it's worth pondering on, but I try to remind myself it's normal to have doubts. I was always torn when it came to making a decision but I remind myself why it is I chose this course. Not everyone will be 'I can't wait' to go back I think that's just the said thing.
    Thanks, and thanks to the others as well. It's reassuring that I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me and that made me feel worse.

(Original post by lekky)

I have a feeling the show might be putting them up in accommodation. It was quite boring tbh, all it managed to show was that 1-2 of the house-mates are tosspots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    You heading in for Le Bars last night?
    Coming straight from work, travelling for over two hours there and back and work early in the morning.

Wouldn't miss Granddad's last night for the world.

ReputationRep:
    Tvcatchup isn't live, it's a second or two behind - apparently it's been through the courts already and proved that you don't need a license for it. Alternatively, if you watch it on a laptop, but run it on battery instead of mains power, it comes under your parents TV license.
    Excellent

ReputationRep:
    a 2 week ban I have been...productive. It feels really odd.

Did I miss much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    a 2 week ban I have been...productive. It feels really odd.

Did I miss much?
    Only this:

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Good fresher *pats* First year is all about sleep deprivation and alcoholic liver disease.
    It is?? I missed the memo twice obviously...

Almost ditto. Exam study leave has turned into an excuse to stay in bed til at least lunchtime.
    It was such a drag to get out of bed today for my first 9am lecture in 2 weeks

(Original post by lekky)

I was going to answer but...

(Original post by RollerBall)
    Thanks, and thanks to the others as well. It's reassuring that I'm not the only one. I thought it was just me and that made me feel worse.

I have a feeling the show might be putting them up in accommodation. It was quite boring tbh, all it managed to show was that 1-2 of the house-mates are tosspots.
    :yes: I just kept going, I know where that is etc. etc. :getmecoat:

Also, I found first uni infuriating sometimes and wondered why I was there, if I was ever going to get anywhere etc. etc. Now I'm here, I don't wonder if I should be here, more I just find it hard sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Only this:
    :rofl: that made me happy.

We had a party after the last pbl session. The tutor sent me an email about how good an idea it was. I don't think he realised I was celebrating not having to deal with pbl again rather than anything else (our tutor was keen, he wrote one of the scenarios for the course).

Depressing that when I did the word cloud for my statuses of '10 one of the largest words was, 'PBHell'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    :five:

Although I'm busy watching The Inbetweeners. First time watching it and I've got through the whole first series in a night :facepalm:
    Hahah I did that last year right before exams :/

My brother is in the third series!

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners has lost its appeal personally I like the first 2 series but then have been rather meh with the last one.

Anyone here watch Glee? No? ok :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Anyone here watch Glee? No? ok :getmecoat:
    YES! :awesome: OMG, how good was Gwyneth???

ReputationRep:
    Meh, this is where the amusement, and the muppets are...http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...and_Charlotte/

ReputationRep:
    YES! :awesome: OMG, how good was Gwyneth???
    I haven't seen mondays yet.. it is on the hardrive for tomorrow (ritual with flatmates and both are boring and have work to do tonight. Pfft vivas who needs to prepare for them :p:)

ReputationRep:
    I WATCH GLEE.

:woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.