Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer last week and today I received a letter from the uni. There was no information about the uni or any forms to fill out, i'm guessing that will come if we firm Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutaneoplast™)
    Ah, fair point. But social life is what you make of it. Those who live on Campus have active social lives too.

It's only a bus ride away to other student halls anyway. I guess on Campus accommodation e.g. Prospect, Vine, Crown, etc. is only for those who want en-suite option, prefer to be closer to City Centre (13 mins by walk), minutes walk from lecture theatres. It's not for everyone.

I hope they place you in the most social student hall here. All the best with your application.
    I was just rejected actually, so no accommodation necessary. Thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    Has any international applicant received an offer/rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Thanks to those who have joined the official Facebook Group for 2014 Entry already. This Facebook group is for everyone who holds conditional and/or unconditional offers at Liverpool. Cheers, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/708552395845353/
    You've managed to get 75 people on there. Not bad . That's probably 1/5 of the year haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    Ok thanks! I'm still waiting on 1 post-interview decision: planning on firming here anyway but want to know how the interview went anyway. Just worried I'll run out of time and get my last choice accommodation..
    The accommodation office are quite slow and didn't give accommodation offers until late July/early August last year, so I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    That's not what we want to hear. Ask any of us though so that you can improve your application for next year (if you decide to reapply). Usually, re-applicants have a much better idea of what to expect from the process. Just focus on getting the grades still and don't be discouraged by the rejection.
    I'm 100% going to reapply if possible! Trying not to be discouraged and looking at it as a great opportunity to have a great year away from education!

Advice/tips would be great if you want to PM me or reply here, I'm looking at 2 week work experience placements in hospitals in Thailand, and would plan to do more of a typical gap year style thing after, or maybe try and get a job as a health care assistant. However I wouldn't be able to do the placement until september, and the HCA work until much after that, so would that make it too late to speak about it properly? Should I write about what I will be doing or just focus on what I will have done?

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 rejections now, I really want to reapply if i get the grades. I just wanted to ask if Liverpool consider re-applicants and if any re-applicants have had any offers. Also any tips/advice on what to do in a gap year.
    I hope i'm making the right decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hjward)
    I'm 100% going to reapply if possible! Trying not to be discouraged and looking at it as a great opportunity to have a great year away from education!

Advice/tips would be great if you want to PM me or reply here, I'm looking at 2 week work experience placements in hospitals in Thailand, and would plan to do more of a typical gap year style thing after, or maybe try and get a job as a health care assistant. However I wouldn't be able to do the placement until september, and the HCA work until much after that, so would that make it too late to speak about it properly? Should I write about what I will be doing or just focus on what I will have done?
    If you need any advice on reapplying i'm happy to help too boss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't internationals start hearing soon??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how many of you guys with offers are resit students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm2014)
    Shouldn't internationals start hearing soon??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A second year medic who was also international quoted me on this thread and said they got to know on March 31st thereabouts...so I guess we can expect it around there too It's only a matter of a few more days anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there anywhere I could find out the stats of people with offers? Would like to apply in October for entry in 2015 but just wondering what kind of stats people have that have received offers. Thank you very much (Currently in Year 12 taking AS levels)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisa789)
    Hi, is there anywhere I could find out the stats of people with offers? Would like to apply in October for entry in 2015 but just wondering what kind of stats people have that have received offers. Thank you very much (Currently in Year 12 taking AS levels)
    Try the stalking page

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    How do we apply for accommodation? Is something sent to us when we firm the offer?
    I firmed Liverpool on Saturday and got an email inviting me to apply for accommodation. The email gives you step by step instructions of how to apply but I haven't done it yet.

ReputationRep:
    Guy how are people choosing which uni to firm the only thing making me abit hesitant about Liverpool is the large intake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deed1224)
    Guy how are people choosing which uni to firm the only thing making me abit hesitant about Liverpool is the large intake
    How come you don't like the large intake? if you're worried about the attention that you'll be given individually I'm sure theyll have a high ratio of students:tutors.

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got a reply back or are some people still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for Liverpool to send the accommodation email? I firmed them on Monday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    Has everyone got a reply back or are some people still waiting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still waiting....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm2014)
    Still waiting....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nothing today then I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.