Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonie95)
    how did people think it went?
    It could've gone a lot lot better. My analysis was ****. Think I may miss my grade requirements for uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    Was a pretty decent exam. I did Questions 1 and 4 and talked about Apple, Google, Barclays, Daimler-Benz, Chrysler, Amazon, Tesco/Findus and Microsoft.
    those are the questions i did as well

ReputationRep:
    i done question1 and 2 and talked about Apple,Google,Nokia,Barclays,Star bucks, NOTW and Royal Mail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    Was a pretty decent exam. I did Questions 1 and 4 and talked about Apple, Google, Barclays, Daimler-Benz, Chrysler, Amazon, Tesco/Findus and Microsoft.
    I did one and three. Talked about google, apple, innocent smoothies, John Lewis, Southwest Airlines in section A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    It could've gone a lot lot better. My analysis was ****. Think I may miss my grade requirements for uni
    yeah i could have done better to probably more on my evaluation.. its just so hard to tell!

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4 and wrote about milk, barclays ,primark and tescos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonie95)
    yeah i could have done better to probably more on my evaluation.. its just so hard to tell!
    I think my application and evaluation were decent but my analysis was horrendous. Wrote a two page conclusion for section B haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunty27)
    I feel like my pen just emitted a load of s*** on my paper. Im not joking, i reckon i could have sh**ted on that paper and got a better grade!
    loL

ReputationRep:
    Lol wow did anyone do Q3, I mambled. Jesus Christ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did 2 & 3 Dont think my evaluation was that good though ;(

ReputationRep:
    External Environment also include stuff like the Internet right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    did 1 q in section a , nice exam wrote about apple google, john lewis, zappos for section a

what points did everyone make on how high profitable companies share similar culture

is said

innovation and a strong organisational culture

then said

Depends on industry and market growth and market size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasheboy)
    Lol wow did anyone do Q3, I mambled. Jesus Christ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did... Struggled to think of points suggesting it isn't possible for companies to plan effectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasheboy)
    External Environment also include stuff like the Internet right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeep internet, economiy, natural disasters ext i think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    did 1 q in section a , nice exam wrote about apple google, john lewis, zappos for section a

what points did everyone make on how high profitable companies share similar culture

is said

innovation and a strong organisational culture

then said

Depends on industry and market growth and market size
    My points were: no, not similar:
    - profitable companies are likely to want to differentiate their cultures to gain a competitive advantage. This will help to maintain profits in the long run
    - culture is like the DNA of a business, hard to copy
    Yes, similar:
    - firms base their cultures on existing models that have been proven to work to reduce risk
    My depends on factors were similar to yours

ReputationRep:
    I did... Struggled to think of points suggesting it isn't possible for companies to plan effectively
    same i just talked about unpredictable things e.g natural disasters and made some other points too

ReputationRep:
    What examples did you give for q3? I talked about contingency planning and scenario plabnog for Starbucks and Lehman Brothers. Against - Woolworths and failing to plan for technological change. Half way through my answer i thought i was doing something wrong :/

ReputationRep:
    I struggled to find companies in which its possible, lol there i turned around the question and write about B.A. How they can't control the economy therefore people potentially become price conscious. They can't necessarily plan cause if they do they will have to loose the USP of being different (porter) and so on..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    same i just talked about unpredictable things e.g natural disasters and made some other points too
    I talked about fast changing markets... Think I messed it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butterflyy)
    What examples did you give for q3? I talked about contingency planning and scenario plabnog for Starbucks and Lehman Brothers. Against - Woolworths and failing to plan for technological change. Half way through my answer i thought i was doing something wrong :/
    I used Royal Mail, Comet and Game...I messed it up I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.