Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    Can any member of the public audition ?
    I hope so but I'm not entirely sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I hope so but I'm not entirely sure
    I would love to audition for that, real talk. Clara Oswald would be the assistant :O

and then i am awoken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracecooke55)
    Agree 500% moffat was better when writing one off scripts!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For instance, some of the episodes have flashes of brilliance and you really see the true flavor of these actors. And then, like the episode with the kids, just deflate you (very corny episodes, very corny endings).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Definitely, i think many of the best in Doctor Who involve a dilemma.
    What's a dimela?

ReputationRep:
    I would love to audition for that, real talk. Clara Oswald would be the assistant :O

and then i am awoken.
    I think everyone in the UK would love to audition for that role

ReputationRep:
    For instance, some of the episodes have flashes of brilliance and you really see the true flavor of these actors. And then, like the episode with the kids, just deflate you (very corny episodes, very corny endings).
    Ones with emotion are beat. I loved journey to the centre of the tardis. How does clara end up like th zombie things? Did I miss the answer or hasn't it been yet? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    I'd rather not know. Wish the BBC kept those things a surprise until they've been broadcast. Like when David Tennant started regenerating in the Series 4 finale, albeit it wasn't a 'real' regen, it was a spectacular moment to watch, filled with so many emotions... That's how I want all regenerations to be, a surprise. I can only imagine how it must have been back in Classic Who, without modern day news broadcasting, to experience a regeneration out of the blue.
    Pre 2000 wasn't the dark ages! They had things like newspaper articles talking about stories, or news shows so people knew that a actor was leaving and whom the new one ones months before they showed up if anything they had more documentaries on cast interviews.

ReputationRep:
    So sad about Matt Smith leaving - I was really starting to like him. I was a bit unsure about him in series 5 after David Tennant but he seems to have really improved and settled into it now. Oh well, at least he's leaving on a high.

ReputationRep:
    Ones with emotion are beat. I loved journey to the centre of the tardis. How does clara end up like th zombie things? Did I miss the answer or hasn't it been yet? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was a good episode. I don't know the answer myself, maybe someone can explain why clara saw herself in zombie form?

There are a few amazing moments in this series:

1. The melody that plays - clara's theme.
    2. Clara and the doctor travelling to the end of the world, and clara asking if her body is out there, and why the doctor does not seem fussed or if he even cares about mortals.
    3. Clara / dead zombies was chilling.
    4. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but clara realizing she's a darlek was a wonderful twist.

ReputationRep:
    Clara becomes a zombie thing because she was burnt up in the Eye of Harmony. I can't quite remember how she saw that future version of her though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having a little think, I've come to a few personal conclusions about 12:

- Non-white would be cool. But not sure about female. It's implied that Time Lords are one gender or another, so would be a bit bizarre.
    - OLDER. Please. Late 20s/early 30s floppy haired well spoken lad has been done. So no Q from Skyfall. No Tom Hiddleston.

How good would Ian McKellen be?

But ultimately, I don't really care.

Unless they're American. Then I'm not interested.

ReputationRep:
    Clara

ReputationRep:
    LOL guys.

This all sound and feels like we are undergoing a bereavement.
    It's horrible, the worst news i have heard all month! :mad:

(Original post by HotfireLegend)
    Considering how the series has been treated lately by Moffat and the producers, I can't say I'm surprised. I'd be even less surprised if the next doctor was revealed to be the last one or something. I can provide links to the reasoning for my thoughts if you like.
    It's not the serious, he apparently wants a shot at the Big screen.

Rowan Atkinson.

I swear, if Rowan Atkisnton was made the doctor, i would love it! He is a superior actor to all the previous doctors. If only...!

He did a comic relief episode as the doctor:

He's too funny for it, though if Baldrick was his assistant i would gladly reverse that opinion for the show.

(Original post by JordanS94)
    I've heard a lot of people begging for Benedict Cumberbatch to be the next doctor... I'm actually hoping he's not I'm not a big fan and the amount of people commenting all the time that he's so attractive (I can't see it myself :erm: ) would be annoying to me. I'm hoping for some unknown actor to take the on The Doctor tbh, Who is everyone's hopes?
    I'm a guy so i don't care how attractive he is but having seen him in star trek he can clearly act and more importantly he does have the who look...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsjmcgrath)
    Clara becomes a zombie thing because she was burnt up in the Eye of Harmony. I can't quite remember how she saw that future version of her though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it was just a loop of sorts since the Doctor mentioned they failed to stop it before and that would of been when Clara dropped the button, so the Doctor made sure the 2nd time it happened he made it clear that they needed to press the button.

ReputationRep:
    What's a dimela?
    I said paradox. You have written dimela for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I hope not! Well, not older than Tennant anyway.

I think having had David Tennant (:sexface:) and Matt Smith (:sexface:), it would be odd going back to an older, less attractive Doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're always going to cast someone attractive, that's just how these things work nowadays. And I said a bit older - around DT's age would be good. If they followed the trend of younger each time the next Doctor would be just about a teenager :p:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a future time stream (possibility) where they stay trapped in the tardis, and due to the Tardis's time element, basically become living ash (life turns to ash after dying, the Tardis' time element kept them alive as they turned to ash).

That is my take on it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)

It's not the serious, he apparently wants a shot at the Big screen.
    Moffat wants a shot at the big screen, did you mean? Yeah, he does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    How good would Ian McKellen be?
    Bill Nighy.

Won't get him, but he'd be my shout.

ReputationRep:
    Guess who's 25/1 for the next Doctor....

Now here's an interesting choice though especially given that it it becoming more and more popular in the USA..

Personally then i have 4 punts (none of which will now be correct)..

Bennedict
    Tennant
    Radcliffe
    Wheaton

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.