The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, what are your predictions for tomorrows questions? For OMAM and LOTF. Thank you!
I'm doing The Crucible and Of Mice and Men.
At least we have tons of past papers to really narrow down what the character question will be.
Original post by ryanb97
Are you being serious??? -- or sarcastic??

my handwriting is barely readable... its not artistic

although i can write a page in about 3 minutes ... but my handwring gets worse :colone:

where did you her that from then???
and where is Part B??

Serious
It's nice!
hi5 I can too :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody doing kinder transport I am so under prepared and panicking. Do you know what questions might come up for the higher paper? :confused:
Reply 1524
Quick idea for a possible good question for WIB: How does Hill use Spider the dog to change Arthur's reaction to the ghostly happenings?

It would probably be phrased better, but I just thought it sounds like the sort of thing an examiner would ask to throw people off.

Good luck everyone. :smile:
Reply 1525
this exam has also put me off taking lit for a-level well done aqa
Does anyone know what might come up for kindertrasport?
Is anyone doing kindertransport and do any of you know what might come up tommorow for the higher?
Original post by andersson
Quick idea for a possible good question for WIB: How does Hill use Spider the dog to change Arthur's reaction to the ghostly happenings?

It would probably be phrased better, but I just thought it sounds like the sort of thing an examiner would ask to throw people off.

Good luck everyone. :smile:

That's a good question, I'm quite good at explaining stuff about the dog actually, I would like to include my interpretations at some point.

I like that there's a choice of two for TWIB cause I can pick the one I'm more confident with. There's usually one about overall themes which is helpful as they like you to link to the novel as a whole throughout it, but then there's usually one based around a chapter which is good to focus on one particular point; a lot about a little.

Good luck! Not many people are doing TWIB on here, most seem to be doing An Inspector Calls. But I think TWIB is more interesting and because less people have done it, the examiners might not be as bored by it cause they won't have read as many answers...
Reply 1529
Good Luck everyone. I am so hoping that Slim does come up for OMNM.:smile:
Guys since we've each helped each other so much imagine if we have virtually the exact same essays :lool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheScribit
i know the text (OMAM) well but when i sit in the exam hall and begin to plan i just cant get my ideas down into specific points like ive been told to, any help?

I don't know how much of this is just repeating what you have already been told, but remember to go Point, evidence, explanation alternative interpretation if you can and why the author does this. Pick out the key points of the question, eg. 'How does Steinbeck use the character Candy to convey ideas about 1930s America?', you instantly know that the themes connected to Candy are ageism, prejudice and how he is the weakest in the OMAM hierarchy and is vulnerable because of it. Mentioning the American dream would probably be a good idea whatever question you get, and how the farm is a microcosm of 1930s society.
Original post by mitchellshazia
I'm doing The Crucible and Of Mice and Men.
At least we have tons of past papers to really narrow down what the character question will be.

Im doing the same who do you think they will be on.. I only got a couple of past papers so can't really narrow it down.. Would be much appreciated x
Original post by gomg
this exam has also put me off taking lit for a-level well done aqa

I feel the same way.
good luck tomorrow guys!!!
Reply 1535
urggghh nervous!
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Anyone doing kinder transport and are there any ideas on possible questions for higher?
Original post by blahblahblahxo
How would you set up an essay plan for ralph? in LOTF??

I'd talk about about maybe 4 things like this

He is used as representation of good (wants to get off island, horrified by killings etc.)

As a juxtaposition to Jack's evil (the two have a long standing rivalry in the book)

But this is discarded by Golding as Ralph proves also capable of evil and similar obsessions to Ralph (there is easily a page or two right here if you talk about killing of pig, fire/ meat obsession, killing of Simon and back up with quotes)

If you're still struggling for ideas talk about relationship with Piggy, and how 1 needed the other (reason and good intention)

Pretty much any essay they could feasibly ask you about Ralph could include some or most of those elements

For LotF I think they'll ask about Ralph, and maybe something about human nature, like how does Golding present evil in the book.

And good luck everyone!
Reply 1538
last minute revision tips?
Original post by Alleykat606
Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else? :smile:

I'm the same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending