Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v1k2a3t4)
    I swear the question said that there were 8 vertical divisions . So if 1 complete cycle was 10ms, 2 complete cycles would be 20ms, 20/8= 2.5ms per division?:confused:
    This is what I put. I thought the wording was really ambiguous, to me, 8 vertical divisions means 8 columns and 10 horizontal means 10 rows. This seems to be the wrong way round according to most people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    you will still not get a mark. Wrong is wrong and correct is correct.
    If a high enough proportion of candidates interpret it in the same, albeit wrong way, then surely they should realise the wording is unclear and award marks on the basis that the concept is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Felix Ivers)
    This is what I put. I thought the wording was really ambiguous, to me, 8 vertical divisions means 8 columns and 10 horizontal means 10 rows. This seems to be the wrong way round according to most people.
    Eight vertical divisions and ten horizontal divisions is like the attached image.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tullia)
    Eight vertical divisions and ten horizontal divisions is like the attached image.
    I know that now, but the way my head interpreted '8 vertical divisions' was as 8 columns, as columns are vertical. I therefore used a grid the same as that but rotated 90 degrees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :proud:

Hope I can post the same thing come August :bigsmile:

Word of advice guys,

Don't ponder too much on what has passed. Look to the future

ReputationRep:
    reading through this is amazing, i literally blanked the whole exam out of my head as soon as i left my exam room!

I hope everyone gets what they hope for, (fingers are crossed for a B from me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    I couldn't find a thread about this exam. Not many people are doing it, but some colleges do Unit 2 first in Jan.

Any preparation tips?
    Are u coming step prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcRaman)
    Are u coming step prep?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who? What? Where?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2357624 - an unofficial markscheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    Who? What? Where?
    Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minibren)
    On the circuit question with multiple parts if I got the first question wrong and continued to use this value throughout the question will I lose just the one mark for that question and then get error carried forward or lose marks for every question (about 10).

Just a bit worried this could of lost me an A
    Don't worry. I'm in the same situation. I have been on the AQA website, it allows error carried forward. You will lose the mark on that question, but as long as your method is good for the rest of it, you will get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering for the emf question if i used the lost volts for the pd across the resistor instead of emf-lost volts and used it for all of the question would it mean i would get no marks for any of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livsmcc1)
    i was wondering for the emf question if i used the lost volts for the pd across the resistor instead of emf-lost volts and used it for all of the question would it mean i would get no marks for any of it?
    I made the exact same mistake as you, I think the question was badly worded.

Normally you will get marks for the rest of the questions due to ECF (error carried forward being used), so you should only really lose one mark for calculating the PD wrong.

also btw someone already gave an answer to this in the above post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minibren)
    I made the exact same mistake as you, I think the question was badly worded.

Normally you will get marks for the rest of the questions due to ECF (error carried forward being used), so you should only really lose one mark for calculating the PD wrong.

also btw someone already gave an answer to this in the above post.
    I did the first part right and got 6.3v but then put 6.3v for the second as well and used that value for the rest of the questions. Would it still be ecf? i tried to find a similar question from past papers but didn't have much luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livsmcc1)
    I did the first part right and got 6.3v but then put 6.3v for the second as well and used that value for the rest of the questions. Would it still be ecf? i tried to find a similar question from past papers but didn't have much luck
    The first question was calculating the PD of the internal resistance (which was 5.7V (a show that question)).

For the 2nd question I believe you then had to minus this from the EMF of the battery which was 12V to get 6.3V? (this is the part I just wrote 5.7 again).

If this is what you did I believe that you should still get ecf marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcRaman)
    Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I applied but didn't meet the eligibility criteria.

ReputationRep:
    6 marker was the best I've ever done

ReputationRep:
    Hi there guys you know for the 6 marker I said that hadrons feel the "strong nuclear force " and leptons don't will I still get the mark?.. And for the specific charge question did any one get 4.0 x 10^7? Also wht do you think 52/53 would get you? Mark wise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micheal123456)
    Hi there guys you know for the 6 marker I said that hadrons feel the "strong nuclear force " and leptons don't will I still get the mark?.. And for the specific charge question did any one get 4.0 x 10^7? Also wht do you think 52/53 would get you? Mark wise
    Yes you will get the mark for the first point. I did get 4.0x10^7 but I think this was wrong. The answer was 4.0x10^6 but you will still get the method marks. 52/53 would be a High B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Yes you will get the mark for the first point. I did get 4.0x10^7 but I think this was wrong. The answer was 4.0x10^6 but you will still get the method marks. 52/53 would be a High B.
    What about 50?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.