Turn on thread page Beta

SQA Results Day 2013 - Discussion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressedPupil)
    Hiya I received 7 A's in a mix of standard grades and int 2's, however I also received one B for int 2 home ec, do you think that could affect my chances of doing medicine, even if I worked really hard and received good grades in my highers and advanced highers?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I needed BBCC for my conditional for RGU and I got BCCD. I've checked Track and I'm yet to be declined or accepted despite being below the conditions. Do I phone them up or do I just wait and see what happens? :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by johnmuir)
    I needed BBCC for my conditional for RGU and I got BCCD. I've checked Track and I'm yet to be declined or accepted despite being below the conditions. Do I phone them up or do I just wait and see what happens? :-(
    Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear you've missed your conditions, but chin up and stay optimistic! Definitely phone them up and see what's going on. If it's still showing as conditional, then that means their decision hasn't been processed yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Hey bud, I'm sorry to hear you've missed your conditions, but chin up and stay optimistic! Definitely phone them up and see what's going on. If it's still showing as conditional, then that means their decision hasn't been processed yet!
    I'm hoping that it means that they liked me and are waiting for others results to see if I can stay or not! I have no idea what you're meant to say to the people either haha, this is just poopy :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cs in Adv Highers French and Maths
    And Bs in Highers Economics and Computing...

I.....am such a 'tard.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by johnmuir)
    I'm hoping that it means that they liked me and are waiting for others results to see if I can stay or not! I have no idea what you're meant to say to the people either haha, this is just poopy :-(
    Hopefully that's what it is, but it could be a number of things!

Ah, it's dead easy. Just phone up admissions and say "Hi there, I recently received an offer to study ____ at your university, and I've just gotten my SQA results here; I haven't met the conditions for my offer, but my status on Track is still showing as conditional. I'm just wondering what's going on?" Something like that. Whatever gets the point across that you're wondering why Track still says conditional and you haven't been rejected even though you missed your offer is fine.

(Original post by DDT10)
    Cs in Adv Highers French and Maths
    And Bs in Highers Economics and Computing...

I.....am such a 'tard.
    2 passes at Advanced Higher are no easy feat, and Bs are still really good! Don't beat yourself up, man. I think those are good grades! What's the consequence of them for you?

ReputationRep:
    Where can I find grade boundaries?

there are only standard grades out there

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/64718.4240.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hekke)
    Where I can find grade boundaries?

there are only standard grades out there

http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/64718.4240.html
    Click on the tabs at the bottom of the page and you'll see the other levels.

ReputationRep:
    Good article about how clever you've all been... http://www.scotsman.com/news/analysi...dren-1-3032090

ReputationRep:
    Legitimately cannot believe I got 5 As, I had convinced myself there was absolutely no chance of an A in English and that I'd probably either drop to a B in Physics or Chemistry too. I am ecstatic! Just gotta decide whether to apply to Maths or Chemistry at Glasgow Uni and keep my fingers crossed. Eep!

ReputationRep:
    I got 5As just a shame one of them is an int2 and the rest are higher

ReputationRep:
    Hi everbody and congratulations to all on their results

I got
    H english F
    H chemistry B
    H graphic communication B
    H maths C
    H physics C

I was wondering if I had any chance of getting a conditional offer for civil engineering at Strathclyde, Dundee or heriot watt. Im really disappointed about maths and physics but to be honest it was because I hardly studied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zabih722)
    Hi everbody and congratulations to all on their results

I got
    H english F
    H chemistry B
    H graphic communication B
    H maths C
    H physics C

I was wondering if I had any chance of getting a conditional offer for civil engineering at Strathclyde, Dundee or heriot watt. Im really disappointed about maths and physics but to be honest it was because I hardly studied.
    I just got accepted with a conditional from Heriot watt, my conditions were BBBBC but only cos I was in 5th year, for 6th year it was AAAB I think...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    x

(Original post by Ecosse_14)
    x

Do i have to inform SAAS that i'm going to my insurance instead of my firm?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by deedee123)
    Do i have to inform SAAS that i'm going to my insurance instead of my firm?
    Yep! If you're going to a different institution from the one you put on your SF form, then you have to let them know you've changed institution.

ReputationRep:
    I got...
    Higher RMPS - A
    Higher History - B
    Higher English - C

Pretty pleased, especially with History because it's the feckin worst thing ever. Very upset for English as I had been getting A's all year then hit a brick wall in the exam. English literature is what I wanted to do as well.. seems very unlikely now. Damn!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about Uni next year, just wondered what courses you's are going for? Also what courses are quite interesting..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didyeaye?)
    I got...
    Higher RMPS - A
    Higher History - B
    Higher English - C

Pretty pleased, especially with History because it's the feckin worst thing ever. Very upset for English as I had been getting A's all year then hit a brick wall in the exam. English literature is what I wanted to do as well.. seems very unlikely now. Damn!
    How do you feel about RMPS?
    You should ask yourself this because you are clearly very good at it.

If English literature is the only thing for you you can resit the Higher...(or appeal in fact)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by weejackie10)
    Also what courses are quite interesting..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, everyone finds different things interesting, don't they? I'm sure if everyone that's posted in this thread answered that question we'd have covered the vast majority of subject areas.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by didyeaye?)
    I got...
    Higher RMPS - A
    Higher History - B
    Higher English - C

Do you think you'd be eligible for an appeal for English? If you were getting A's, then you were probably predicted much higher than a C!

(Original post by weejackie10)
    I'm thinking about Uni next year, just wondered what courses you's are going for? Also what courses are quite interesting..
    Interesting purely depends on what you're interested in. I'm quite a sciencey guy so all the sciencey courses are interesting to me, whereas something in the humanities would bore me to tears! Other people are the opposite. What subjects do you like?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.