Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    The doctor should've written a note BEFORE the exam, explaining what happened - unfortunately, it is too late after the exam to go to SQA explaining it, unless you had done so before the exam. If this doesnt make sense then please let me know so I can help further...
    Really sorry about that.
    Oh well, It's not that big of a deal. We were probably just badly informed by the school. Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough - best of luck for when you get them!
    Do you get paid to do this?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeEM18)
    Oh well, It's not that big of a deal. We were probably just badly informed by the school. Thanks though
    No worries, but again, sorry about that. It is outlined in SQA's extenuating circumstances policies - I'm trying to find the post and failing miserably - if I find it ill quote you in
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecasx)
    Do you get paid to do this?
    Haha, no we don't!

ReputationRep:
    That is true - though Im sure there are others you'd prefer to be stuck with here (nah, I'm having great fun here with you guys!)

That'll be nice to see your brother off though, how long is he gone for?
    i'm actually impressed you guys are sticking with us. Like, major props to you. I'd have gotten distracted by now and have ended up watching Dr Phil...

i totally have my priorities straight :P I think he's away for a week or two and he's staying with his uni friends there. it'll be nice to say bye.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And I find it now. Here is the post describing the Extenuating Circumstances here!

ReputationRep:
    Modern Studies Higher - B
    Computing Higher - B
    Music Higher - B
    English Int 2 - B
    Maths Int 2 - C

I'm really puzzled about maths..I'm not sure how I got a C 2 years in a row, and I came out the exam feeling good and I was getting A's all year Might ask to get an appeal

ReputationRep:
    Just got my intermediate 2 maths result sent by email, I got a C but I'm sure I got an A or B in the prelim.
    Before the exam I already had a doctors note excusing me from school due to my seizures being bad at the time,but my teachers said I had to go in to do the exam anyway.
    Does anyone know if i'd be eligible for an appeal?
    There's an FAQ about it here, but the bit you'll want to read is here:

"What is the Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service?

This service is open only prior to results day. If you believe your exam performance has been affected by exceptional circumstances (e.g. bereavement; illness ... ), then your school or centre can submit an "appeal" on your behalf for this to be taken into account. Along with this, alternative evidence of your past performance can be submitted - including things like prelims, other mock exams, or coursework. In this way, the exceptional circumstance consideration service is most like the previous appeals service.
    In addition to this, the SQA will also take the results of other candidates from your school/centre into account when considering your exam performance. "

Hope this helps

EDIT: So ultimately - yes
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoldenAge)
    i'm actually impressed you guys are sticking with us. Like, major props to you. I'd have gotten distracted by now and have ended up watching Dr Phil...

i totally have my priorities straight :P I think he's away for a week or two and he's staying with his uni friends there. it'll be nice to say bye.
    No problem - a lot of staff have logged off and gone...

That's call then! Let me know how your results go, I'll be around throughout the day as well if they don't arrive for a while, although hopefully they'll be soon!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christopher199)
    Modern Studies Higher - B
    Computing Higher - B
    Music Higher - B
    English Int 2 - B
    Maths Int 2 - C

I'm really puzzled about maths..I'm not sure how I got a C 2 years in a row, and I came out the exam feeling good and I was getting A's all year Might ask to get an appeal
    You may want to check out the Post Results service here for help and advice, and its also best to speak with your school!

Congratulations with all your results though!

ReputationRep:
    So happy! Got my email at 1:34am was so nervous opening it. I just got my headphones put on my calm song, downed my vodka and red bull and opened the email! I PASSED MY EXAMS and will be going to robert gordon uni in september! Got BBCC. Which is amazing for me considering my very disappointing results last year but I met my conditions and so happy! Good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DooWeeDoo12)
    Still waiting. Can't even begin to say how anxious I am. The SQA are such sadists.
    They're evil, right? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    And I find it now. Here is the post describing the Extenuating Circumstances here!
    Thanks again
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithmmm)
    So happy! Got my email at 1:34am was so nervous opening it. I just got my headphones put on my calm song, downed my vodka and red bull and opened the email! I PASSED MY EXAMS and will be going to robert gordon uni in september! Got BBCC. Which is amazing for me considering my very disappointing results last year but I met my conditions and so happy! Good luck to everyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome mate - Im really happy for you... Congratulations and enjoy uni!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithmmm)
    Well done!! :hugs:
    You didn't even need the vodka :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    There's an FAQ about it here, but the bit you'll want to read is here:

"What is the Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service?

This service is open only prior to results day. If you believe your exam performance has been affected by exceptional circumstances (e.g. bereavement; illness ... ), then your school or centre can submit an "appeal" on your behalf for this to be taken into account. Along with this, alternative evidence of your past performance can be submitted - including things like prelims, other mock exams, or coursework. In this way, the exceptional circumstance consideration service is most like the previous appeals service.
    In addition to this, the SQA will also take the results of other candidates from your school/centre into account when considering your exam performance. "

Hope this helps

EDIT: So ultimately - yes
    Ah, that's a big relief. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I just got my results through and I am freaking out.

Higher Biology - C
    Higher Chemistry - B
    Higher English - D
    Higher Geography - C
    Higher Mathematics - A

I completely messed fifth year up and didn't put as much effort and work in as I should have. I still studied but not enough. But I thought I would have got slightly better results.

I am going back to 6th year. I plan to go to University to do something possibly with Biology or Mathematics and I am worried that I won't get in.

Should I resit everything except Maths? I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me with advise. Have I even got a chance to get into University? Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's a big relief. Thank you!
    You're very welcome! :hugs:

With evidence like yours, they're bound to consider it - I hope you get it sorted out

ReputationRep:
    8 A's! YES. This is the best feeling ever!

ReputationRep:
    i have a conditional for strathclyde and had to get both an A and a C but got to Bs?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.