Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to put Manchester as my firm choice but not sure if I can get the grades also got an unconditional offer from East anglia still confused but still need to visit Leicester and East Anglia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I really want to put Manchester as my firm choice but not sure if I can get the grades also got an unconditional offer from East anglia still confused but still need to visit Leicester and East Anglia
    Congratulations, thats awesome, I got an offer from Manchester too , but still waiting for East Angelia and Birmingham to answer. I am not quite sure if I should put Manchester as my firm . What grades did they ask for if you don't mind. I say visit both Unis (I will be visiting East Angelia too ) then decide but if I was you I would put East Angelia as my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhyscoleo)
    Anyone else got an offer for Politics with International relations?
    What was your offer, and did ya get an interview! I'm retaking and got AAB which was a lovely surprise, spent a long time worrying it would get bumped up to AAA. No interview too.
    Hi ,

I got a conditional offer , AAB including Maths and History. I was surprised, I thought they will give an interview because I flopped my personal statement or to bump it up to AAA or even higher lol. I was worried for a week ;but then when I got the offer, I was relieved 🙌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwencerimarsh)
    Swansea! Sadly that means it takes anywhere between 5 and 5 1/2 hours, but it's well worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! I thought that where I am coming from is far! Are you prepared for the train journey?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teeahz)
    Oh wow! I thought that where I am coming from is far! Are you prepared for the train journey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I've done it before going up to the open day and that wasn't that bad actually I don't mind the long journey because it'll be worth it when I get there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ive got an offer from Manchester, and probs will firm it but not sure what options to put down for my accommodation yet...anybody else know what they're going to pick or done so already? and if so why...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein16)
    Ive got an offer from Manchester, and probs will firm it but not sure what options to put down for my accommodation yet...anybody else know what they're going to pick or done so already? and if so why...
    Depends what kind of accommodation you want. I personally have put down Richmond Park and Sheavyn House because I want a self catered, ensuite room, and want the social aspect of Fallowfield first figure out what you want and then you can shortlist the applicable halls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    manchester wants AAB and for East anglia it is only unconditional if I put them as my firm and if I put them for insurance it would be ABB

ReputationRep:
    manchester wants AAB and for East anglia it is only unconditional if I put them as my firm and if I put them for insurance it would be ABB
    What are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AAA in as I got ABB

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for french and spanish at manchester, recently got an interview to invite me to an interview. Has anyone been to one of these/know the format/will they ask me to speak in either of my languages?
    Also, I responded to the email saying I will be attending on 19th Feb but I didn't get a reply to confirm this date, bit worried I'll fly from northern ireland and be told I'm not registered for that day! did anyone else get a response?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Law! My firm choice but waiting back from SOAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bronwencerimarsh)
    Depends what kind of accommodation you want. I personally have put down Richmond Park and Sheavyn House because I want a self catered, ensuite room, and want the social aspect of Fallowfield first figure out what you want and then you can shortlist the applicable halls

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know what I want ,which is self catered and an ensuite room too however Im not sure how many people each hall holds on its corridors and in total? Fallowfield for me would be ideal too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einstein16)
    Yeah I know what I want ,which is self catered and an ensuite room too however Im not sure how many people each hall holds on its corridors and in total? Fallowfield for me would be ideal too.
    I know that Richmond Park has eight blocks, which each have eight flats and hold eight people (convenient right?). The only other Fallowfield one which has your requirements is Sheavyn House but I'm not quite sure on the numbers for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicahamilton)
    I've applied for french and spanish at manchester, recently got an interview to invite me to an interview. Has anyone been to one of these/know the format/will they ask me to speak in either of my languages?
    Also, I responded to the email saying I will be attending on 19th Feb but I didn't get a reply to confirm this date, bit worried I'll fly from northern ireland and be told I'm not registered for that day! did anyone else get a response?
    Hey...same here.I replied to,you know let them know I can attend the interview...18th Feb tho (: buh I haven't received a confirmation email.part of me thinks they just assume that you'll be attending

ReputationRep:
    i have an offer for BA economics and social studies and I recently went to the applicant day and I really enjoyed it their the staff are good and it is a student city also it has good reputation and employers would like that
    How hard or easy is it to get into banking dare I say investment banking with Ba in economics from manchester

Same course btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Congratulations!

I've got an interview for Manchester in Feb and I'm bricking it :cry2:
    Hi...you know when you received an invitation to the interview and replied saying you would be able to attend and stuff...did they send you a reply to that?
    I hope that makes sense :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ppatience)
    Hi...you know when you received an invitation to the interview and replied saying you would be able to attend and stuff...did they send you a reply to that?
    I hope that makes sense :\
    Nope, it says on the interview page that they wont reply to you after unless you requested a different interview date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Nope, it says on the interview page that they wont reply to you after unless you requested a different interview date
    Oh right.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer for B.Sc in Management

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.