UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

adorablegirl1202
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wahrheit)
Yeah you're right I think, it's worth doing just to alleviate my curiosity too tbh!
Yeah best bet, let me know what happens, i'm pretty curious too!
aryanrulezz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can anyone help me choosing between UCL and Uni. of Toronto for computer science.
BKane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have an offer for Theoretical Physics for 2015 but I'm having second thoughts about Uni.
You pay £22,000 a year (inc. living cost, I'm British) for 3-4 years of hard work in a semi-irrelevant subject, although very interesting self taught, nothing with exams is interesting. I will have to leave all my friends (who aren't going to uni, we be poor northerners) to meet a bunch of nerds (I've never met physicists like me at these unis: a rock music loving, out-going (more than half of nights I'm out past 12) cheapskate who has never studied (I'm lucky I find A*s easy, when I can be arsed)) who I will hate, and to somehow keep my sanity? Or I can do a BTEC in engineering or music and stay in the ****hole called Wrexham but with my friends, but have to say "oh hi mum, yeah, I'm not going to Uni any more!". Exam period has began and I'm on course to fail my forth A Level 'cos I don't need it and CBA working.
Should I just pull out and get my plans straight, i don't know what I want to do other than I hate capitalism.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BKane)
I have an offer for Theoretical Physics for 2015 but I'm having second thoughts about Uni.
You pay £22,000 a year (inc. living cost, I'm British) for 3-4 years of hard work in a semi-irrelevant subject, although very interesting self taught, nothing with exams is interesting. I will have to leave all my friends (who aren't going to uni, we be poor northerners) to meet a bunch of nerds (I've never met physicists like me at these unis: a rock music loving, out-going (more than half of nights I'm out past 12) cheapskate who has never studied (I'm lucky I find A*s easy, when I can be arsed)) who I will hate, and to somehow keep my sanity? Or I can do a BTEC in engineering or music and stay in the ****hole called Wrexham but with my friends, but have to say "oh hi mum, yeah, I'm not going to Uni any more!". Exam period has began and I'm on course to fail my forth A Level 'cos I don't need it and CBA working.
Should I just pull out and get my plans straight, i don't know what I want to do other than I hate capitalism.
Why not apply to Liverpool university? thats pretty close to wrexham and still a decent uni

I think University of Chester is closer but its not very good

or Glyndwr?
blinkofaneyee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sorry but does anyone got an offer of ucl architecture could tell me what the offer is normally like? like the grades you have to achieve..
8fairrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yo, any other history firmers? Got me an A*AA offer, pretty grim. So stoked for this place though
Gazzaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 8fairrc)
Yo, any other history firmers? Got me an A*AA offer, pretty grim. So stoked for this place though
Yo I got a place for history man!
8fairrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Swag, what kind of period are you into? Loving my Cold War course at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
8fairrc
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, Any other fellow boarding school people in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
chowbertilla
Badges: 1
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xleoanimusx)
Is anyone else insanely excited to start?
Bit of a late reply but... YAAAAASSS!
chowbertilla
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Posiedon12)
Wooo! Hope to see you in September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit late but I've firmed for law too!! So excited let's hope we all see each other in September!
Korean95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Guys I'm an offer holder for the course Politics and East European Studies. My offer is IB overall points 38 and 18 in my HLs. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to meet my offer as I freaking aced the tests. However, the thing is that I really regret choosing this major. I thought this was like "Political Science in general" but have noticed that this course is mostly focused on "Soviet politics". Thus, I was wondering if I could change my major to other courses such as "Information management for Business". Their requirement is lower than my course, but is oversubscribed.

Do u guys think there's a chance for me to change the course?
Btw I'm an international student so yeah.. there maybe an advantage for me as I'm like a "money" to UCL haha
tommy-14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Guys!

Come over and join the facebook group for 2015-2016 applicants to meet others heading to UCL and hear about everything freshers related!

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=678095185645989

joshman!
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
I will be studying at SOAS from September, me and one other guy who starts at UCL at the same time are looking for 3 more people for a 5 bedroom house in Haringey Green Lanes. The house is 135-155pwpp (depending on room size) and includes all bills, a house phone, sky tv and a flatscreen in each room. There are three bathrooms, a garden, kitchen and a living room.
Please get back to me ASAP if you would rather be in a student house than halls, and we can arrange a viewing.
Josh
`Mo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Where are my CS buddies at??? can't wait to go to UCL.
Iridann
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by `Mo)
Here if I somehow manage to meet my offer after an awful S3 paper haha!
Ishh12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by `Mo)
heyyy..here but my condition is very hard to beat....hopefully if somehow dont cross it UCL goes easy on me and still takes me in
(from india)
swissfi
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pharmacywhy)
Hey
I am definitely firming UCL, however they are asking for a 36 overall and 17 in my 3 higher levels (I am doing the IB). 2 days ago I took my first exam, which I was expecting to score a 6-7/7 but I wasn't taught one of the questions at school and thus I couldn't answer it. Therefore, I am kind of worried that I won't be able to have 36 overall. The exam was on WAC which is totally irrelevant to pharmacy, so I really don't know if they will bother or not...
Does anyone knows if you have any chances of getting accepted if you don't meet all the requirements of your offer? Thanks in advance
Hi! I'm doing a swiss matura and my conditions are insanely high compared to the a level requirements but I got the same problem everywhere. I rang the programme manager (she was very understanding) and she said that they have these guidelines for international qualifications and tells them what the equivalent requirements are for the A-level ones, and they have to stick to them even though she agreed that they were too high (I don't know about the IB though). She said that if you miss the offer by a small margin you get put on the "maybes"-list and still have quite a good chance of getting in, depending on how many other people accept/make the offer etc. Also, I think like me you will get your results a lot earlier than A-level students? In that case you'll be able to speak to them about it straight away before any of the other places are confirmed. If it turns out that you only just missed the requirements because of say some subject that isn't relevant to your course I'm pretty sure they'll understand and let you on. Good luck!
Ishh12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by swissfi)
Hi! I'm doing a swiss matura and my conditions are insanely high compared to the a level requirements but I got the same problem everywhere. I rang the programme manager (she was very understanding) and she said that they have these guidelines for international qualifications and tells them what the equivalent requirements are for the A-level ones, and they have to stick to them even though she agreed that they were too high (I don't know about the IB though). She said that if you miss the offer by a small margin you get put on the "maybes"-list and still have quite a good chance of getting in, depending on how many other people accept/make the offer etc. Also, I think like me you will get your results a lot earlier than A-level students? In that case you'll be able to speak to them about it straight away before any of the other places are confirmed. If it turns out that you only just missed the requirements because of say some subject that isn't relevant to your course I'm pretty sure they'll understand and let you on. Good luck!
thats nice to hear because my conditions are very diff as well..i think they have put all international conditions very high....i get my results tomorrow, lets see what happens..im nervous
alliah208
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm here for Psychology! Hopefully coming in September, trying my best to meet my A*AA offer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads