Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What framework are u doing and what location?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NH99)
    What framework are u doing and what location?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cyber security and based in London, don't know what location they'll give me though

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    What do people think about how many placements each department took on - e.g evidently the biggest recruitment was DWP (biggest gvt dpt) but was wondering what the cut was for other departments as have seen people in the MoD, BIS and CO?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonkid2015)
    What do people think about how many placements each department took on - e.g evidently the biggest recruitment was DWP (biggest gvt dpt) but was wondering what the cut was for other departments as have seen people in the MoD, BIS and CO?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I asked HR at BIS (dept I was assigned to) and she said 12 Business Administration Apprentices for BIS in this cycle. I'm based in London btw, and am pretty sure other BIS Apprentices are too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urban_Spaceman)
    I asked HR at BIS (dept I was assigned to) and she said 12 Business Administration Apprentices for BIS in this cycle. I'm based in London btw, and am pretty sure other BIS Apprentices are too.
    So not many really, in terms of BIS, do you know your start date yet btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by londonkid2015)
    So not many really, in terms of BIS, do you know your start date yet btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe she said BIS was aiming for a start date of 7th September, though nothing set in stone yet.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been given the Digital and Technology framework? Judging by this thread I feel like I am the only one! Also has anyone not been given their first choice location as if I don't get mine (London) I won't be able to accept it and they are leaving it too late for me to make other plans for next year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting rather annoyed with how slow everything's moving, any London Finance applicants not heard anything back after accepting their offer?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who was made a conditional job offer, heard what the next stage is ie what department and location you will be working in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Portofino)
    Anybody else for Business Admin not been told their department yet? London here.
    That's the same for me and I am starting to get worried now. Have you contacted anyone to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsmith96)
    That's the same for me and I am starting to get worried now. Have you contacted anyone to ask?
    It's the same for me also, I contacted Jo a couple of days ago and have received no response so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolsl1)
    It's the same for me also, I contacted Jo a couple of days ago and have received no response so far.

I sent Jo an email this morning, but looking at other people I think she is getting bogged down with the amount of emails she is receiving. Fingers crossed for us though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hsmith96)
    I sent Jo an email this morning, but looking at other people I think she is getting bogged down with the amount of emails she is receiving. Fingers crossed for us though
    I emailed her last Friday and again on Wednesday morning. Still nothing. It seems as though very few have heard back from her directly this week. I assume that she is only responding to those who have actually been placed into a department. Its a shame we dont have any reassurance from her as to the going ons.
    I'm business admin in London by the way!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know my department either though. And same business admin in London. See you in September 😊

ReputationRep:
    I'm Business Admin in London too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked the lady who sent me my email about location and she said she didn't mention it because she assumed capita already informed us about this

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter in the post today with forms to fill out from the Department for Education for security checks, so this must be my department. My location was London, so I assume that's where I will be. I'm doing business admin

ReputationRep:
    Got an email regarding my cyber security apprenticeship in the north west with the DWP. Salary and location included.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So who is best to email for info on what's going on?, is it this Jo person or just the regular ras.candidates email address?. As its been a close to a full month now since i accepted the offer (which did mention my role and placement) and have had no contact at all from the department, I'm a little worried.

The last thing i got was this message "Thank you for accepting the offer, Someone will be in contact with you soon to discuss the next stage.", and that was shortly after the 11th of June.

Also, anyone else wondering what will happen (if anything at all) next year for all the people put on the 15k salary due to the minimum wage increase?, do you recon they will keep these people at 15k or adjust the wage up in line with the minimum wage amount increase? (i thin 15k works out around £7.20 an hour anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshsolman)
    Got an email regarding my cyber security apprenticeship in the north west with the DWP. Salary and location included.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can u tell us what the salary is?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.