Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Dortmund been scoring for fun too. Won't want them in CL next season(if we make it :rolleyes:)
    Haha. You'll make it.

Aubameyang won't be long for a La Liga move, surely? He's already done Serie A (albeit unsuccessfully) and Ligue I. I'd love him to come to the PL. He's a real striker's striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Haha. You'll make it.

Aubameyang won't be long for a La Liga move, surely? He's already done Serie A (albeit unsuccessfully) and Ligue I. I'd love him to come to the PL. He's a real striker's striker.
    Yeah. Could see Aubameyang at Real Madrid personally. Bale, Ronaldo and Aubameyang would be merciless, that pace would just be ridiculous. I wouldn't mind having Aubameyang at Chelsea. Arsenal should have bought him when they had the chance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah. Could see Aubameyang at Real Madrid personally. Bale, Ronaldo and Aubameyang would be merciless, that pace would just be ridiculous. I wouldn't mind having Aubameyang at Chelsea. Arsenal should have bought him when they had the chance.
    I can't see Real ditching Benzema any time soon, despite the court case.

I was listening to Graham Hunter this week, and apparently Perez has a paternal relationship with Benzema akin to CR7's and Sir Alex's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Completely agree.

Under Rafa we always played every 3/4 days and were on the whole fine.
    I hated it when BR used to complain about playing in the EL on Thursdays and then league matches on the Sunday. It's not that different to playing on Wednesdays in the CL and league matches on Saturdays. The line up away at Real Madrid was disgusting to see. The players should be revelling at the prospect of playing every few days. They are being paid astronomical amounts of money to play the sport they love-they don't need to be molly cuddled and wrapped in wool. There's literally millions out there who would happily kick their own mother's head in just to play for a top club and be a professional footballer.

I'm glad Klopp is taking all the cups seriously as well as the league. I know the EL isn't the most prestigious trophy but a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and we are hardly in a position to sniff our noses at it.

ReputationRep:
    They'll eventually shift Benzema. Personally i can see them buying Hazard, shifting Ronaldo no9 and the nye bye Benzema.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I hated it when BR used to complain about playing in the EL on Thursdays and then league matches on the Sunday. It's not that different to playing on Wednesdays in the CL and league matches on Saturdays. The line up away at Real Madrid was disgusting to see. The players should be revelling at the prospect of playing every few days. They are being paid astronomical amounts of money to play the sport they love-they don't need to be molly cuddled and wrapped in wool. There's literally millions out there who would happily kick their own mother's head in just to play for a top club and be a professional footballer.

I'm glad Klopp is taking all the cups seriously as well as the league. I know the EL isn't the most prestigious trophy but a trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and we are hardly in a position to sniff our noses at it.
    While I do agree with you, if ever a manager was to complain, it would be when his side have to travel 5,000 miles to Russia. That's a heck of a journey, and I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp blames a defeat (if we lose tomorrow) on the mileage midweek.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. You'll make it.

I'd absolutely love us to sell Sturridge and buy him but honestly I think that's too unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    Aubameyang already said he wants to move to Spain and doesn't have an interest in playing in England.

ReputationRep:
    While I do agree with you, if ever a manager was to complain, it would be when his side have to travel 5,000 miles to Russia. That's a heck of a journey, and I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp blames a defeat (if we lose tomorrow) on the mileage midweek.
    If we do lose he'll blame it on the performance rather than all the travelling. Don't get me wrong the travelling is a pain in the arse and obviously it can affect the players but it's just part of the package of football. We can either just sit around crying that the players didn't have a lot of rest or they just grin and bear it.

Klopp said: “If we had travelled by train or car, then it would be a problem. But we slept on the plane! Ask Matt (McCann, head of press), he slept all the way home!“I'm 48, not the best age maybe, but I slept well! So when we came back, it was normal. It's a normal journey, a normal thing to do if you want to play international tournament. It's the same if you come back Wednesday morning and play Saturday.“Of course it’s better if you don’t play midweek, but it’s only an advantage for Palace if we are not prepared to fight. If we wait for an easy game against Palace then we have no chance.“But if we fight and try to find solutions, we can do it. We are fit, we are healthy, young, and we can do it.
    That's a quote from the press conference earlier today, it's obvious to see that Klopp isn't too concerned about the travelling. As long as the players put in 100% and fight, there's no reason why we can't win tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Aubameyang already said he wants to move to Spain and doesn't have an interest in playing in England.
    He'd thrive somewhere like Valencia or even Atleti.

If we do lose he'll blame it on the performance rather than all the travelling. Don't get me wrong the travelling is a pain in the arse and obviously it can affect the players but it's just part of the package of football. We can either just sit around crying that the players didn't have a lot of rest or they just grin and bear it.
    Agreed.

I'm all for players sucking it up if they're travelling to Spain, France or Italy, but Russia must be strenuous and a bit of culture shock.

ReputationRep:

That's a quote from the press conference earlier today, it's obvious to see that Klopp isn't too concerned about the travelling. As long as the players put in 100% and fight, there's no reason why we can't win tomorrow.
    This is what I love about Klopp already. Just so positive about everything.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I love about Klopp already. Just so positive about everything.
    Definitely, he's only been here a month but the feel good factor around the club has been amazing.

I can't wait until the match tomorrow but I'll probably end up missing it. I hope Arsenal thrash Tottenham too.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, he's only been here a month but the feel good factor around the club has been amazing.

I can't wait until the match tomorrow but I'll probably end up missing it. I hope Arsenal thrash Tottenham too.
    Basically the opposite of Hodgson when he was our manager
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Apparently you're signing Pato for £14m.

Guess that means goodbye for 2 of Ings, Sturridge, Origi and Benteke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

He is far more probable to join the Sturridge club than Sturridge himself. Terrible rumor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Origi can just be loaned out but he needs to step up like Ibe otherwise he'll be shown the door.

Liverpool may probably become fed up of Sturridges injuries and ship him off but who will sign him?

Ings has actually done well but suffered from an unfortunate long term knee injury, he fits in with Klopps system so I doubt he'll be shipped off.

Benteke no chance considering how much we paid for him and is turning out to be a good signing.

That being said, Pato apparently has a reputation that rivals Sturridges injury record so I don't see why we would go for him, we would just be adding to our striker injury problems...

ReputationRep:
    Haha. You'll make it.
    You think Chelsea will make the CL?

lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    You think Chelsea will make the CL?

lol
    Chelsea would do well to finish in the top 10 at this rate, this is way worse than Moyes and Rodgers dire runs (even starting to rival the Hodgson era) but Chelsea actually have a quality squad ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Lol why would we sign Pato?

His reputation is from like 5 years ago. Might be finally getting games under his belt in Brazil but it's nowhere near the same demand as playing in England.

ReputationRep:
    Pato to Liverpool is a stupid rumour.

It would be like buying the Brazilian Sturridge....

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.