Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anybody know whether they accept a scanned and signed version of my evidence of the work experience, or whether they require the paper copy version on interview day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulie'sGirl)
    Yup, we gave them the info they need for the DBS form and permission. The form itself is quite large and not something they'd email
    Hmm, I'm not to sure. Every time I've done my enhanced DBS (including literally 5 minutes ago online for HCA work) is the requirement of your addresses for the last 5 years. If my memory is correct the school has never asked us (or at least myself) this information which begs the question how they would be able to complete it along with some people whom might have changed their name at some point in life, nationality at birth all which are required to process the DBS.

I dunno I'll probably call em when I'm bored some time next week just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rinski)
    Hi,
    Does anybody know whether they accept a scanned and signed version of my evidence of the work experience, or whether they require the paper copy version on interview day?
    I was never asked for such information. However just give them what you have. If you were provided with a signed and scanned version from your work experience just tell em that is what you were provided. Stick in a payslip if it was paid.

ReputationRep:
    I received the offer in late march (24th) but still haven't got the DBS check thing that they said needs to be returned by 31st May :s anyone else in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study101)
    I received the offer in late march (24th) but still haven't got the DBS check thing that they said needs to be returned by 31st May :s anyone else in the same position?
    Yeah I haven't got it yet either.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone set up an offer holder group on Facebook yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily♡)
    Hi, has anyone set up an offer holder group on Facebook yet?
    Yup, it's here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1263164520366017/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the exact date that we start? I've been looking all over the website and either I'm missing something or there's nothing there

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the exact date that we start? I've been looking all over the website and either I'm missing something or there's nothing there
    Freshers there seems to be the last weekend of September, so I'm expecting enrolment to be the 24th, but I haven't seen anything official from the Uni about that.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!
    I phoned up Keele this week asking if the A*AB offer applied to my application, but I forgot to ask if this was just for those who firm. Can anyone help me out with this?
    I'm stuck between firming two very good universities for Medicine, and I am finding it so hard to choose between the two: they're both so good!
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulie'sGirl)
    Freshers there seems to be the last weekend of September, so I'm expecting enrolment to be the 24th, but I haven't seen anything official from the Uni about that.
    So I also work for the Student Ambassador team at Keele, and there was recent interviews for people to work the welcome week, and from that I can confirm that enrolment for home students is on the 24th of September (Sat) and typically international students arrive a few days beforehand as they have specific welcome events to help you settle in before the rest of the student body arrives.
    Semester 1 should commence on the 26th of September, though I'm not 100% sure what the first year medicine time table is like for that week, I know other subjects have minimal academic sessions as it is more focussed on introducing the course and the university.

If you have any questions about Keele at all I can do my best to answer, I've been here for 4 years now and I have many connections to find things out if I don't automatically know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacqualyn)
    So I also work for the Student Ambassador team at Keele, and there was recent interviews for people to work the welcome week, and from that I can confirm that enrolment for home students is on the 24th of September (Sat) and typically international students arrive a few days beforehand as they have specific welcome events to help you settle in before the rest of the student body arrives.
    Semester 1 should commence on the 26th of September, though I'm not 100% sure what the first year medicine time table is like for that week, I know other subjects have minimal academic sessions as it is more focussed on introducing the course and the university.

If you have any questions about Keele at all I can do my best to answer, I've been here for 4 years now and I have many connections to find things out if I don't automatically know.
    Thanks for the info!
    I was wondering whether you or anyone else has heard anything back from keele after accepting their offer (other than the accommodation/further info about the course email/offer holder day email and the offer email I've heard nothing). Didn't they say the deadline for the DBS application form has to be in by 31st May?? Getting a bit worried because that's quite fast approaching and I haven't got any application form or anything else for that matter from them yet...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info!
    I was wondering whether you or anyone else has heard anything back from keele after accepting their offer (other than the accommodation/further info about the course email/offer holder day email and the offer email I've heard nothing). Didn't they say the deadline for the DBS application form has to be in by 31st May?? Getting a bit worried because that's quite fast approaching and I haven't got any application form or anything else for that matter from them yet...
    Phoned them a few days ago and they said they should have the DBS forms to send off next week

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I applied for medicine for 2016 entry (not to Keele) and unfortunately got all four rejections.

I am looking to apply to Keele next year and i was wondering whether anyone knew the ratios in terms of like applicants : interviewed : offers?

Thanks and good luck to you all with medical school and of course your a levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot_97)
    Hi guys. I applied for medicine for 2016 entry (not to Keele) and unfortunately got all four rejections.

I am looking to apply to Keele next year and i was wondering whether anyone knew the ratios in terms of like applicants : interviewed : offers?

Thanks and good luck to you all with medical school and of course your a levels!
    Hi, I'm not sure of the statistics for 2016 entry, but the table on this page has got some for the last 4-or-so years. Hope it helps

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_Ratios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amedic)
    Hi, I'm not sure of the statistics for 2016 entry, but the table on this page has got some for the last 4-or-so years. Hope it helps

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_Ratios
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliot_97)

Hi ,

I applied to Keele twice and got it this time so if you want some advice, get work experience where you have responsibility, e.g a paid role as an HCA. Spend time with the R and R form, I got the doctors in my workplace to look over it which really helped.

Ratios wise it's very difficult to get in, this year there were ~2300 applicants, of those about 500 were interviewed and of those only 160 offers were given out for the 129 places! So it's very tough. It seems a really amazing place to study medicine though, the school is really nice, the teaching seems incredible. Doctors at work who graduated from keele rave about it!

Anyway hope this helps, good luck for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WALMO)
    Hi ,

I applied to Keele twice and got it this time so if you want some advice, get work experience where you have responsibility, e.g a paid role as an HCA. Spend time with the R and R form, I got the doctors in my workplace to look over it which really helped.

Ratios wise it's very difficult to get in, this year there were ~2300 applicants, of those about 500 were interviewed and of those only 160 offers were given out for the 129 places! So it's very tough. It seems a really amazing place to study medicine though, the school is really nice, the teaching seems incredible. Doctors at work who graduated from keele rave about it!

Anyway hope this helps, good luck for next year!
    Hi thanks for the advice. I have recently applied for a radiographer's assistant job which is similar to an HCA job, so i should be able to write about that on the R&R form.

Thanks again and good luck in your studies

ReputationRep:
    Gave them a call and was told they're just getting it ready, something about finalizing term dates. Also it will contain information for those who have subscribed to the DBS update service. And the deadline date will be pushed back for the DBS form (i.e. no longer the 31st May but a date after.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkTitan)
    Gave them a call and was told they're just getting it ready, something about finalizing term dates. Also it will contain information for those who have subscribed to the DBS update service. And the deadline date will be pushed back for the DBS form (i.e. no longer the 31st May but a date after.)
    Thank you so much! Was getting worried there

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.