The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mitchriding
Congrats! When did you apply? Still waiting on Durham

Applied on November 18th and did my LNAT om 25th same month. Wish you good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which one is better for law - Durham or UCL? What do you think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely equal in terms of quality, reputation and job prospects. I would say it's down to where you want to end up afterwards. Highly likely you will be looking at London magic circle companies afterwards, if that's the case I would take the one-off Durham collegiate experience as you will anyway do the London life later. Also the Durham new law building has an amazing feel to it, if you haven't pyhsically been there the open day will swing it.
Original post by crocface
Absolutely equal in terms of quality, reputation and job prospects. I would say it's down to where you want to end up afterwards. Highly likely you will be looking at London magic circle companies afterwards, if that's the case I would take the one-off Durham collegiate experience as you will anyway do the London life later. Also the Durham new law building has an amazing feel to it, if you haven't pyhsically been there the open day will swing it.

In case ther is any doubt Durham voted best law school building in the world

http://www.cundall.com/News/Durham-Law-School-Most-Impressive-Law-School-Building-in-the-World.aspx
Original post by Solrac777
Nice one, what As' and GCSES did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an international applicant, I took IGCSEs 2A1s and 7A2s. Haven't got my A level results yet. I took LNAT on 5 Jan.

Thank you so much for the answer :smile: where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata

Posted from TSR Mobile

What grades do you have? Well done on getting in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobkata
Thank you so much for the answer :smile: where did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford and Kings - rejected
QMUL and Exeter - offers
Bristol - waiting

I will firm Bristol if I get an offer with QMUL as insurance.

I had a bit of a dispute with kings about predicted IB grades, they basically wasted one of my choices which would otherwise have been Durham.
Original post by Solrac777
What grades do you have? Well done on getting in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a European candidate and my grades are quite different :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone who sat the LNAT know their result yet? and if so, how did u get access?

Original post by mitchriding
does anyone who sat the LNAT know their result yet? and if so, how did u get access?

From reading other posts on here, all of the LNAT results are sent out within the first week of February ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oxford and Kings - rejected
QMUL and Exeter - offers
Bristol - waiting

I will firm Bristol if I get an offer with QMUL as insurance.

I had a bit of a dispute with kings about predicted IB grades, they basically wasted one of my choices which would otherwise have been Durham.

When did you apply and with what GCSEs / A2. Also what was the dispute with KCL? Have offers from QMUL/ Bristol/ Warwick - now waiting for the dream ones: LSE and KCL.

Predicted 38 (HL766) with a decent PS (hopefully) and a decent LNAT (since Bristol gave me an offer)
Reply 1532
Got an offer for Law with LSE and I got 6A*s 4As and a B (and one of the A*s was taken early!)...so don't be put off by people with straight A*s

Original post by oli19919
For those who have been offered places for law at Oxford-> what were your gcses (and a massive congrats!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cf99
Got an offer for Law with LSE and I got 6A*s 4As and a B (and one of the A*s was taken early!)...so don't be put off by people with straight A*s

Congrats! My GCSEs are like 8A*s and 2As but my predicted is 38 IB points (equivalent of A*AA i think) so I don't really have a really good chance but still really hopeful :smile: Maybe the PS will drag me through? They haven't rejected me yet - applied 5th Nov so getting nervous.
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
When did you apply and with what GCSEs / A2. Also what was the dispute with KCL? Have offers from QMUL/ Bristol/ Warwick - now waiting for the dream ones: LSE and KCL.

Predicted 38 (HL766) with a decent PS (hopefully) and a decent LNAT (since Bristol gave me an offer)

I applied mid October. I dont have GCSEs / A2. as I´m following US high school system.

The argument with Kings was that they want predicted IB HL 7,6,6 my arguement was that it is not fair as it depends on which HL subjects. The reality is that only top 2-3% of IB students actually acheive a 7 for my 3 subjects therefore no honest school could realisticly predict one. My prediction was IB 39, HL6,6,6 plus an extra 6 points in another IB subject im doing in parallel. In order to not waste one of my choices I prechecked with them my reasoning and whether I should still apply. They said they would look favourably on my application and be flexible in the application of the HL7,6,6. Result: 2 weeks later rejected on administrative grounds for not meeting the criteria stated in the standard offer. Thank you very much for completely wasting my time and oppotunity somewhere else - not a serious university!.
Reply 1535
Congrats! My GCSEs are like 8A*s and 2As but my predicted is 38 IB points (equivalent of A*AA i think) so I don't really have a really good chance but still really hopeful :smile: Maybe the PS will drag me through? They haven't rejected me yet - applied 5th Nov so getting nervous.

Where are you waiting to hear from? Yeah i'm sure you'll be fine wherever - i mean I got an offer from Oxford for such a competitive course and without straight a*s so it can be done :smile:
Original post by cf99
Where are you waiting to hear from? Yeah i'm sure you'll be fine wherever - i mean I got an offer from Oxford for such a competitive course and without straight a*s so it can be done :smile:

What were your predicted grades? Waiting on LSE and KCL
Original post by cf99

Well done :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aquaxo
Thank you, I'm not sure if anyone has already responded but: 9A*s, 1A :-)

Ok thanks a lot, would you say 7-8A*s is good for oxford? Any tips on applying (in year 11 so have long time but still)

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were your predicted grades? Waiting on LSE and KCL

hi. I heard University of Mumbai in India is good. So why do you eagerly want to go to LSE or KCL? Do you plan to apply for UK citizenship after you graduate and work for a few years in UK? tell me. i'm curious to know.

Latest

Trending

Trending