The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
They're actually amazing.

You gotta admit, this is so good for the game though. Sick of clubs buying the league and Leicester showing most of them up like this is really great to see.

Worry is that another big club may come and snatch Mahrez up in the summer and he has been the one pulling the strings. As great as Vardy has been, Mahrez is player of the season for me.
Leicester could match their points tally gained over the entire last season with a win in either of their games before the New year :shock:
And guess who lost at home to Porridge City :colonhash:
Reply 1523
No one cares about Leeds
Original post by shawn_o1
Leicester could match their points tally gained over the entire last season with a win in either of their games before the New year :shock:
And guess who lost at home to Porridge City :colonhash:

Leicester can actually **** off now.

Scenes at OT, lmao. They had 70% possession but half the shots on target. #philosophy

Original post by AR_95
No one cares about Leeds

Yep.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow Utd have not won a game in 6 if that was Arsenal I would be so angry
Reply 1527
Original post by iamthetruth

@difeo
@zKlown

Thoughts?
Original post by SA-1
@difeo
@zKlown

Thoughts?

Just a minor blip :smile:
Reply 1529
Original post by difeo
Just a minor blip :smile:

You've won 4 games in 15?

@zKlown, stop eating and tell me.. thoughts?
Original post by SA-1
@difeo
@zKlown

Thoughts?

I think this apple I'm eating is extremely sweet and tasty.

I haven't enjoyed a good piece of fruit like this in a long time.
Original post by iamthetruth

8 - 2 = 6

8-2 is also a historical scoreline.

#NeverForget #Memories
Original post by samir12
Worry is that another big club may come and snatch Mahrez up in the summer and he has been the one pulling the strings. As great as Vardy has been, Mahrez is player of the season for me.

Couldn't agree more and you're the first person i've seen so far this season that points this out.

Strikers are strikers - they score goals and Vardy has been doing an outstanding job. The thing is though that form can contribute hugely to their success. If you need an example, look at Kane last season.

However, doing the work that Mahrez does is an entirely different thing completely. Sure form contributes a decent amount, but to consistently score, create and beat players is a display of his pure talent. You can score like Suarez for half a season if you have a great player providing, but you can't play like Silva for that long without it being down to your natural talent (and obviously a great manager who utilises you well).

Vardy is great at the moment but he isn't exactly young. He's 28 and he's been in English football his entire career. Mahrez is 24 and this is only his second season full season in this country. He has a bright future but i'm sure any top teams will wait until the summer to buy him.
Reply 1533
We tore Leicester a new ******* when we played them and won 5-2, and we haven't exactly been consistent this season either.
We are the only side to have beaten them so far. It Is ridiculous how they only have one loss in 17 matches. Credit where credit is due to Leicester but the league is absolutely awful at the moment. City have slipped up more than enough times, Liverpool are awful, UTD are awful, Chelsea are awful.

Their next two fixtures are Liverpool and City. Regardless of their impressive record so far I can only see them getting 1 point from the two fixtures, although maybe 4 as they could just dispatch Liverpool with ease, but City will really go for it if they want to stay in contention. In January they also play spurs and I can't see them picking up a win their either. It's very, very crucial we win our next few games to put us up top. If we are first after the Spurs vs Leicester game then I reckon we'll have the league, seeing as we have already played a lot of our hard fixtures.

Only fixture I'm worried about now is Liverpool away. I'd be happy with a point but it would be a big test for us to go out and get three. Not too worried about city away because overall we have the better, more balanced squad. I'm confident we will beat a Mourinho less Chelsea at home too.

Not expecting a crumble either. Our worst part of the season is right now seeing as we have an XI of players out injured, and they'll only return in the new year. Were dropping points but were still 2nd.

Hate to say it but I have hopes for this season. May have just jinxed it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally feel like Mourinho not being at Chelsea will help us against you lot.
Original post by TornadoGR4

Prick. The only result that was more gutting than this was the 4-4 draw with spurs.

The way that season plateaued out hurts so much.
Thanks to bloody TV rights, our squad have roughly 44 hours between our last two Premier League games of the year. If it's not possible to rotate the entire squad thanks to our crap injury record, who would start both games?
Original post by jam277
Personally feel like Mourinho not being at Chelsea will help us against you lot.

all of a sudden, on paper, Chelsea have a world class team again.

Costa
Hazard ??? Pedro
Fabregas Matic
Apzi ??? ??? ???
Courtouis

On paper that looks like a Champions League semi final team. Only need to get on a run of consecutive wins and you're back in the top 4 race.

We made up a slightly smaller gap against Spurs when Bale was going HAM, to claw back in to top 4 in 2012-13 I think, with like 5/ 6 fixtures to go.
(edited 8 years ago)
Mahrez is greezy.

I think he's ready for a big club, but would like to see how he does at a small-big club like Everton or Liverpool first where there will be a bit more expected from him.

imagine him and Lukaku combining :coma:
Reply 1539
Original post by swirly
Mahrez is greezy.

I think he's ready for a big club, but would like to see how he does at a small-big club like Everton or Liverpool first where there will be a bit more expected from him.

imagine him and Lukaku combining :coma:

Who do you think the next two players to sign for Arsenal will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest