The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamz115
I'd say they would still have to contact references because Data Protection means CSR will only be able to check the validity of PAYE of the employment history you have listed. HMRC legally won't be able to disclose any PAYE records that hasn't been declared so only references will check that out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, Hmrc have outsourced pre emp checks which means they can check anything. They will have access/can liaise with Hmrc's E&C recruitment team to check anything they need. PAYE records will more than likely be checked. In this day and age employment references are hard to come by as people move from post to post.
Reply 1521
Original post by Jamz115
Oh right how much additional leave did you get

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 14.6 hours.
Does anyone know Do u have to wait till you've completed your training before you can book any holidays?
Original post by TraineeAcc
Annual leave year starts from ur first day and runs yearly from that point on. It's electronically calculated and you just keep ur own eye on it. You can book whatever once you're started it doesn't seem to be an issue

Can you take sabatical leave (unpaid leave)?
Original post by Jamz115
So they don't use any references at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well mine seemingly did. I contacted someone from Resources and changed my personal reference, and they said that they sent a short form to my new reference.
So they do :smile:
Did u apply for 1320/16? Which caseworker campaign were you part of?
For the ones who received Provisional Offers for the last campaign, are you waiting for Manpower to contact you, or have you filled in the "Next Stage" on the website?

"Please also give the name and address of one person to whom you are well known and who has agreed to act as a referee." - I also assume this could by anybody - family friend, etc. Am I correct?
Original post by kimmyknx
For the ones who received Provisional Offers for the last campaign, are you waiting for Manpower to contact you, or have you filled in the "Next Stage" on the website?

"Please also give the name and address of one person to whom you are well known and who has agreed to act as a referee." - I also assume this could by anybody - family friend, etc. Am I correct?

Manpower have already contacted us ... Check ur emails ASAP
Reply 1528
Original post by memoryfish

Hey can I know what the email said and also what role was this for?
Reply 1529

I filled out the next stage part. Dont know if i was supposed to or not. Manpower contacted us asking us to accept or decline the offer.
I had the email asking to accept the Provisional Offer to which I responded within the 24 hrs, as instructed. Was there any further contact from Manpower after that??
Original post by kimmyknx
I had the email asking to accept the Provisional Offer to which I responded within the 24 hrs, as instructed. Was there any further contact from Manpower after that??

Nope just that.
Nope just that.

Ok, I will fill in "next stage" anyway & just wait for the next email from Manpower then.

Hopefully, this will be a November start date.
Nope just that.

I've not heard anything from manpower apart from the email telling us to accept the provisional offer within 24 hours.
Did anyone receive any form of acknowledgement to their acceptance email?
Original post by rachie93
Did anyone receive any form of acknowledgement to their acceptance email?

Yeah, this was what I got.

Thank you for your email and interest in these roles at HM Revenue & Customs, we acknowledge receipt of your enquiry.

We will endeavour to get back to you as quickly as we can. We respond to all enquires in the order they are received and therefore kindly ask that you do not resend your email within the next 48 hours.

The HMRC Resourcing Support Team at ManpowerGroup Solutions, who will manage your enquiry, operate Monday to Friday so please allow two working days if you have sent your email close to a weekend.

Kind regards
HM Revenue & Customs Resourcing Support Team
ManpowerGroup Solutions
Reply 1536
Got an email from my new manager today asking me to call to have a quick chat. He's invited me in to have a roughly hour long chat before my start date in October, so I'm going in tomorrow to meet and great!
Original post by Smaack
Got an email from my new manager today asking me to call to have a quick chat. He's invited me in to have a roughly hour long chat before my start date in October, so I'm going in tomorrow to meet and great!

What location will you be starting at? Were you internal or external?
Reply 1538
Original post by Escapalda lamen
What location will you be starting at? Were you internal or external?

Manchester on 3rd October. I was external. My manager explained that we have 30 - 40 people starting at once, so he wanted to meet people joining his team and get to know them before hand.
Original post by Smaack
Manchester on 3rd October. I was external. My manager explained that we have 30 - 40 people starting at once, so he wanted to meet people joining his team and get to know them before hand.

Hi what campaign are you from? I applied last year and got my provisional offer this year beginning of August.

Latest

Trending

Trending