Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    How did your C4 mock go? I have mine on mom day!
    I revised till 2am-ish last night for it and it went surprisingly well. Yep, fairly pleased. I understand which topics I need to focus on more now which is great. ^-^ Obviously, I don't properly know how well it went until I receive feedback etc but I think the staying up paid off. Good luck for yours! - How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been feeling v well today but at 9pm I started revising and spent around 40 mins doing Biology - Have finished writing up my notes for thermoregulation and tidied up the basic main homeostasis stuff. - I wish all of Bio unit 5 was that easy. :lol:

Then I took a break.

I think I've finally realised that the main reason I diverge from revision is bc I sometimes give myself an extra 5-10 minutes to relax which means that I essentially just set myself up for doom bc my break period basically starts to resemble a free-radical reaction.

I returned to studying after that and completed a bit more of unit 5. I managed to cover Hormones and Blood glucose and have written all my notes for that. We haven't started the topic in class yet so it'll be rather fun being ahead once we do begin.

Then I took another break.

At 11:25pm, I quickly went over/refreshed Chemistry unit 4 using my notes as I've got an exam tomorrow. >.< Might continue with it as I'm getting ready for bedtime..otherwise, I'm pretty sure I've got a grasp of the concepts so hopefully it'll go okay. ^-^

Well, I shall go to bed now bc it's almost 12:00am. Goodnight everyone <3

ReputationRep:
    Okay, lots to do! :woohoo: I've just had a nice lunch so I'm going to breathe for a bit then at 2:30pm begin by trying to re-learn the entire Biology unit 1 from last year which might take me quite a bit of time. >.< I'm not going to log back into TSR until I've completed all my targets for today bc it distracts me lots + lots but I'll probably see you all again later this evening.

Genuinely think I've been way too laid back recently, well I definitely can't behave in that manner anymore bc it's Marcccchhhhhh. - Yes, everything has gone by incredibly fast and yes, it's going to keep going even faster. Knowing that makes me feel very scared and I want to be in a good position by the end of this month. No, screw that- I want to be in a great position. God, all I really want is to just make myself and everyone else proud this year. :cry:

Blah- enough of the self-pitying, don't have time for that.

Keep it up guys! Don't give up on the daily goals you've set for yourself, it will be worth it in the end. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I revised till 2am-ish last night for it and it went surprisingly well. Yep, fairly pleased. I understand which topics I need to focus on more now which is great. ^-^ Obviously, I don't properly know how well it went until I receive feedback etc but I think the staying up paid off. Good luck for yours! - How are you feeling about it?
    What topics do you need to focus on then? For me it's vectors, differential equations and trigonometry (double angle formulas).

I did a past paper yesterday and generally it went well. I made some really stupid mistakes losing about 3/4 marks for not doing the rounding they wanted. In my defense it was late and I was tired. Also read a couple questions wrong and made what should have been a nice partial fraction question horrible because I wrote (5-x² ) in one bit instead of) (5-x)².

Hope your chemistry test went well today. :top: I dropped it after AS haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    What topics do you need to focus on then? For me it's vectors, differential equations and trigonometry (double angle formulas).

I did a past paper yesterday and generally it went well. I made some really stupid mistakes losing about 3/4 marks for not doing the rounding they wanted. In my defense it was late and I was tired. Also read a couple questions wrong and made what should have been a nice partial fraction question horrible because I wrote (5-x² ) in one bit instead of) (5-x)².

Hope your chemistry test went well today. :top: I dropped it after AS haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I agree with some of that - I also need to focus on C4 differentiation- especially the implicit stuff, Trigonometry and standard integrals. ^-^

Oh glad to hear it but oh no, that must've been quite annoying.- I guess it's good that it wasn't anything major though!

Thank you v much - yeah, it was only a small test thing but we marked it in the lesson and I did manage to get full marks on it which makes me a bit less worried about it.. for now. Oh, I see. What other subjects do you take besides Maths?

ReputationRep:
    So, I have almossstt finished memorising Biology unit 1 which I'm happy about. I'm not going to continue with any more memorisation today bc my mind works best with that kinda stuff in the morning and I'm a bit tired so I'll do it tomorrow. I also completed my notes on S2- Hypothesis testing.

I shall take a break now and perhaps do some Chemistry homework in the next block at 8:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I agree with some of that - I also need to focus on C4 differentiation- especially the implicit stuff, Trigonometry and standard integrals. ^-^

Oh glad to hear it but oh no, that must've been quite annoying.- I guess it's good that it wasn't anything major though!

Thank you v much - yeah, it was only a small test thing but we marked it in the lesson and I did manage to get full marks on it which makes me a bit less worried about it.. for now. Oh, I see. What other subjects do you take besides Maths?
    I think I've got got the hang of implicit differentiation. The parametric equation differentiation is a bit fiddly sometimes but I get the jist of it.

Yeah, it was a bit annoying to see how careless I'd been.

Congrats! I also do Biology (edexcel) and then I do English Language.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mocks are finally over! After quite a scary chemistry paper (last year's A2 OCR Unit 5 :eek:) I'm going to rest and make more biology flashcards I'll do EPQ work tomorrow.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just got home lol, planning to do an all-nighter so I could finish my chemistry coursework!! Anyone else doing an all-nighter and wanna give me company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Just got home lol, planning to do an all-nighter so I could finish my chemistry coursework!! Anyone else doing an all-nighter and wanna give me company
    Ooh alright. I kinda gave up 5hrs ago and was going to go to bed but I'll stay up till 2am with you, if it helps, since I've also got to do some Chemistry work! Don't think I can do an all-nighter though as I need to be up early tomorrow.- Plus, I always require about 14hrs of sleep afterwards to recover from them. :eek2:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ooh alright. I kinda gave up 5hrs ago and was going to go to bed but I'll stay up till 2am with you, if it helps, since I've also got to do some Chemistry work! Don't think I can do an all-nighter though as I need to be up early tomorrow.- Plus, I always require about 14hrs of sleep afterwards to recover from them. :eek2:
    Yaay!! LOL Chemistryy Partaaaaay!! LOOL It's fine 2am is cool too! You're very considerate loool,
    14 hours?!! LOL wow thats nothing, I would need a whole day -.- I'm skipping my volunteering I had to inform them lol that I have coursework so I wouldnt be able to come (I couldnt really say I'm doing an all nighter so I'd need tomorrow to sleep LOL)

DM??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Yaay!! LOL Chemistryy Partaaaaay!! LOOL It's fine 2am is cool too! You're very considerate loool,
    14 hours?!! LOL wow thats nothing, I would need a whole day -.- I'm skipping my volunteering I had to inform them lol that I have coursework so I wouldnt be able to come (I couldnt really say I'm doing an all nighter so I'd need tomorrow to sleep LOL)

DM??
    :party:

Yay, we can do this! Oh gosh, lmao. XD I do hope you manage to complete it as fast as possible (while retaining efficiency) so that you don't stay up for too long though. >.< + aw thank you. :blush:

Of course, I shall just clear my inbox!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't complete anything but made a start on the first chemistry booklet and got through a few questions on the thermodynamics. - they're so ridiculously long. :yawn: Thanks v much for the night-time support, FemaleBo55.:woo: <3

Hopefully, I will be able to wake up pretty early tomorrow morning. 8:30-9:00am..ish would be v ideal but I don't know if I'll be able to manage it considering I'm not asleep yet.

Goodnight, TSR!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't complete anything but made a start on the first chemistry booklet and got through a few questions on the thermodynamics. - they're so ridiculously long. :yawn: Thanks v much for the night-time support, FemaleBo55.:woo: <3

Hopefully, I will be able to wake up pretty early tomorrow morning. 8:30-9:00am..ish would be v ideal but I don't know if I'll be able to manage it considering I'm not asleep yet.

Goodnight, TSR!
    I am still working on my coursework
    But you need a sleep so Good night :goodnight:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    I am still working on my coursework
    But you need a sleep so Good night :goodnight:
    Lol same!! Is it chemistry OCR Salters coursework???

ReputationRep:
    Timetable for today??
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Today I'm going to do Maths and Biology revision

10:30am - 11:30am Maths - Cover as many topics as I can
    * I'm currently 5 mins behind schedule due to printing issues.

11:40am - 12:40pm Biology B2 - Watch FreeScienceLessons Videos and make some notes

ReputationRep:
    Going 11.15 to 12.45pm for C4 vectors only, using the Solomon worksheets.

Hopefully I can catch up on most of C4 (differential equations, integration, vectors), FP1 (numerical methods, complex numbers) and M1 (moments) by end of Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get my motivation back. Revision has been a bit slow this week.

ReputationRep:
    Revising C2 for the whole day Radians,Cosine and Sine. Plan on doing all exercises then all exam questions and then solomon worksheets

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.