Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For the question that asked about separating the alcohol/collecting it - I said heat under reflux - is this right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    trailing as it asked for a section of it
    I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember it asking us how to distinguish between the two enantiomers!

DID I MISS A QUESTION OUT!! I NEVER TALKED ABOUT ROTATING PLANE POLARISED LIGHT ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lahigueraxxx)
    haha don't worry I am too, I honestly think I've definitely dropped about 16/17 marks, and then some
    I need atleast an A in this, and I've dropped like definitely 20 marks already assuming I think I did the other questions right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?
    I drew it as the dipeptide and now this is really stressing me out!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what's really annoying me about this paper? The pathetic one markers and HSW questions that pretty much just test about 1% of our knowledge. It's so annoying that I actually got the 9 marker at the end and a few of the other longer mark questions, but these stupid one markers and HSW questions have let me down big time and have cost me a grade I hope you're happy AQA... ****s

ReputationRep:
    There were 2 repeating unit questions on the paper. They wouldn't have put another one in for the bants...it said you had to add atoms AND bonds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    Did anyone else not finish the paper ? and how many marks do you think you missed out on missed Q's ?
    Just wondering
    I missed out quite a few questions and I can't even remember what they were.. probably about 10 marks worth that i didn't have time to come back to, but i also lost around 5 marks on the last question because i didn't finish. I also lost marks for the paper generally being hard so probably at least 10. that means I've already lost about 25 marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sani Ej)
    What will the marks for b and c be?
    What do you recon will be the E and U boundaries? I think i am going to need those ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saldudsjen123)
    I drew it as the dipeptide and now this is really stressing me out!
    I'm sure it's the dipeptide too, dw. student room after exams winds me up, I'm not coming on here after an exam again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medscoolhopeful)
    hahah i don't even know why I'm on here anymore, I need to prepare for Bio 4, think I've lost my mind a little today...
    me too... me tooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    I'm sure it's the dipeptide too, dw. student room after exams winds me up, I'm not coming on here after an exam again
    Tell me about it,I always say I won't come on here after an exam and then I end up doing like every time haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randoms132)
    did anyone get 0.833 for that
    [salt]/[ethanoic acid]
    please :-( im pretty sure it was that? Can anyone remember the numbers and stuff?
    omg yes i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary_7)
    omg yes i did
    I got that but i think they wanted us to do more with it So we deffo got 1 mark out of 3 lol. To get that value I found the H+ conc from the pH but couldn't figure out what else to do with that. I deffo lost 11 marks, just hope i didn't make any silly mistakes! ahhhhh and how cheeky was that 9 marker

ReputationRep:
    I felt like they asked us loads of explanation questions, which we aren't really taught in depth. I don't understand chemistry i just learn it! What else do AQA want from me!!

Predictions for 120ums, A*,A?

ReputationRep:
    any idea of grade boundaries from anyone?

Can I say that because the initial rate is greatest the uncertainty is lowest haha🌚

How are the marks allocated for the nine marker

ReputationRep:
    would it be ok to put chromatography instead of distillation for separating the alcohol from the mixture ?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.