Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :hugs:

Well it makes no difference to me personally but I feel like if i wasn't ugly I would have more friends because people wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with me and I wouldnt feel so inferior and by extension kind of clingy.
    Besides from an online point of view the few people that have seen me on here or anywhere have stopped talking to me afterwards so I assume that is a link lol
    either that or they think they have like 'completed' the level of getting to know someone idk tbh

~Anon 1
    As Sabertooth says, I don't think people stop talking to you because they've seen you. I have a few people I met on TSR on Facebook, and some of them stopped talking to me and I stopped talking to some of them. I stopped talking to them because there wasn't much to say anymore. Appearance played absolutely zero part. We just didn't have much in common. I think you've got a point in saying that seeing someone from online is a sort of an end point. There's sort of that "uh so now what?" feeling. I still speak to one them occasionally but that's only because we have a lot in common like doing same exam boards for 3 of our subjects etc. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    If it makes no difference to you, it seems a little odd that you think it matters so much to other people.

There are loads of reasons that people might have stopped speaking to you. I know I have 8 people on my skype that I "met" on here and haven't spoken to in months - it's far more due to my not having that much in common with them rather than what they look like; in fact it's entirely due to not knowing what to say rather than me thinking they're attractive/unattractive. I think it's way more likely to be that than what you look like.

Not saying you're not interesting to talk to btw, but you know, you can't get on with everyone in the world. Keep reaching out and people will respond eventually.
    Yeh I suppose that is true but then again I have such irrational thoughts, also because my appearance matters a lot to me in terms of im ashamed of it/insecurity I assume other people notice it a lot too
    Yeh I guess so, I suppose that could be the case because by the time I am ready to show someone then we would have been talking for months because im so paranoid and unconfident so i suppose people might have just gotten bored idk :/ i just get paranoid about things and assume i have done something wrong, plus all my friendships inrl have failed pretty much and loads of ppl dont bother with me anymore inrl hence why it bothers me cos it is like a parallel of inrl.
    Idk i think once i get more confident then the logic and common sense of what you say will hit me more

~Anon 1

ReputationRep:
    I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I know its easy to get doors mixed up in a block of flats but that's 4 times in the last 2 days folk have came to my door thinking its someone else's door and one today even tried the door handle, good thing it was locked as usual.

I know people make mistakes and all that jazz but I don't live in a good area and paranoid and anxious enough about people out to harm me so people coming to my door and especially when they try and open it, really trigger me - regardless if it's just an innocent accident :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh, that's not pleasant just try to remember that it is innocent, and ignore it as much as you can. As you said, the door is usually locked, so no one can just walk in :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I know this is really a stupid thing.
    But I've just dyed my hair and I've got hair dye everywhere and I can't get it off my skin and I know people are going to mention it at work tomorrow.

And now I feel **** because I know that stupid comments about it are going to come. :hide:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I know this is really a stupid thing.
    But I've just dyed my hair and I've got hair dye everywhere and I can't get it off my skin and I know people are going to mention it at work tomorrow.

And now I feel **** because I know that stupid comments about it are going to come. :hide:
    Have you tried nailpolish remover and/or baking soda + dish washing soap? I guess it depends on the type, brand and colour but both worked for my sister who had dyed her hair purple What colour have you dyed it?
    And are they going to make comments about the fact that you dyed it or about the fact that it is on your body? Because they are not in a position to judge and dyed hair looks cool and if it's about the fact that it's on your body then it's completely normal/happens all the time and they shouldn't judge either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ARRRRRRRRRRggghhhhhhhhhhhhh I can't take this!!!!!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you maybe put something on your door to differentiate it from the others? Maybe even put your or a fake name on it so that those who don't know you won't think the person they are looking for lives there?
    Good luck with it regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinyMockingbird)
    Could you maybe put something on your door to differentiate it from the others? Maybe even put your or a fake name on it so that those who don't know you won't think the person they are looking for lives there?
    Good luck with it regardless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My partner has his name on a plaque next to the door number and people still come looking for other people, that makes it even more annoying and sets me off more

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinyMockingbird)
    Have you tried nailpolish remover and/or baking soda + dish washing soap? I guess it depends on the type, brand and colour but both worked for my sister who had dyed her hair purple What colour have you dyed it?
    And are they going to make comments about the fact that you dyed it or about the fact that it is on your body? Because they are not in a position to judge and dyed hair looks cool and if it's about the fact that it's on your body then it's completely normal/happens all the time and they shouldn't judge either

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just worried that it's going to look stupid because I'm working in a shop and I have to wear a hat and the back of my neck and hands are covered in dye. Meaning it's pretty obvious. (And I can't wear gloves or any other items of clothing apart from uniform.)
    It's a purple permanent one, it's hard to remove. It's happened before.

Why did I think this was a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I'm just worried that it's going to look stupid because I'm working in a shop and I have to wear a hat and the back of my neck and hands are covered in dye. Meaning it's pretty obvious. (And I can't wear gloves or any other items of clothing apart from uniform.)
    It's a purple permanent one, it's hard to remove. It's happened before.

Why did I think this was a good idea?
    It was a good idea because purple is an awesome colour to dye your hair in Do you have any high-coverage foundation that could make it less obvious, then? Good luck!

---

Ugh, yikes, my mood went from okay/good to really damn low real quick. I had a quite good day and worked really hard on the first draft of an essay (and finished it) that is super important and for which the 'deadline' (that of the first draft, not of the essay) has long passed and was feeling kind of good but now I all of a sudden feel so lonely and sad again and I don't even know why. I am going babysitting + studying with a friend tomorrow and I really just wish I could cancel but I can't. Sorry for the rant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm laying in my bed wondering why I haven't had a heart attack yet after all the strains it has undergone due to intense emotions. It's really fascinating how emotional pain inflicts heart aches but being fascinated doesn't make it any less unpleasant unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hugs:
    it was your birthday? Happy birthday!

ReputationRep:
    My first night back home from uni, and already had an argument with my ex. My phone has broken so it's hard to get hold of uni friends. Feeling really rubbish.

ED trigger-
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My mum commented on my eating earlier 'you don't have to eat it all' - and I'm suddenly feeling self-conscious again. My friends at uni know not to mention anything about food. I just feel like stopping eating again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    it was your birthday? Happy birthday!
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know if this will help or not, but is the door knocking a recent thing? It could be that these people are home for the summer and so it'll stop when they leave again? I dunno.

Happy birthday btw, I hope it went well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by titfortat)
    I feel like I'm suffocating and I need some air. Is there anyway I can escape from it all? I just want to be left alone and I'm trying so hard to enjoy life, but there's always one thing that drags me down. Its like no one wants me to be happy
    Do you live near any nature where you can go to be alone? I used to go for late night walks to clear my head and found being alone helpful for letting me think.

My brother just finished walking from Land's End to John o' Groats and he said it was awesome being so alone and being on his own timetable - maybe a little ambitious if you've never done anything like that before but you could see what's available locally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I don't know if this will help or not, but is the door knocking a recent thing? It could be that these people are home for the summer and so it'll stop when they leave again? I dunno.

Happy birthday btw, I hope it went well
    Thank you

Nah its been happening ever since we moved in 5 years ago. Its not always the same people that come to the door from what I can tell. Sometimes we go a few weeks or months without anyone coming to the door looking for someone and then other times it could be like recently where its been happening a few times a week

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Nah its been happening ever since we moved in 5 years ago. Its not always the same people that come to the door from what I can tell. Sometimes we go a few weeks or months without anyone coming to the door looking for someone and then other times it could be like recently where its been happening a few times a week
    NGL, that would scare me too. I'm not really sure what to suggest if there's already a name by the buzzer. :beard: I guess just make sure the door is locked and people can't see that you're in so there'll be no awkwardness?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get this a lot as well. Including someone waking me up at 9pm. Was not impressed. She couldn't understand why I was pissed off.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.