Turn on thread page Beta

The Torchwood Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There are two stand-out moments from Children of Earth that made it absolutely spectacular for me. These are

Spoiler:
    Show
    When the minister (Peter Capaldi) kills his family and then himself, and Captain Jack's sacrifice of his Grandson. Also, the representation of the government and how they're willing to just hand over their children, and the way they acted in that sequence.

I actually want to rewatch it now

ReputationRep:
    I got it off play.com for around £3 :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    It's up to £7.49 right now I shall not be buying it (unless my local CeX has a copy for a decent price).

ReputationRep:
    OWEN: ...I think we should all have sex.
    IANTO: -_-

ReputationRep:
    I'm not surprised by Ianto's reaction - Owen really isn't all that.

Remember this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of a Torchwood rewatch right from the start (epic times) - I'd forgotten how brilliant Ianto was!

Tosh: We could rule the world!
    Ianto: We could release the single!

ahaa.

ReputationRep:
    I was just watching some clips on youtube and... well... I don't know whether they're bloopers/unused footage... but it just seemed wrong... I need to buy myself the DVDs, but I currently have my Christmas stuff to watch through (V and BSG Original series, Mad Men 3 and Desperate Housewives 1... I think the last one can wait XD) and I want to get hold of Cranford, Lark Rise to Candleford and Downton Abbey... PLUS all the currently airing programmes I watch... Perhaps this year I will rewatch Torchwood over the summer, like I did with Supernatural last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    I'm in the middle of a Torchwood rewatch right from the start (epic times)
    Aah me too.

I'm not sure what nub negged me for my last post for giving my opinion on what I thought was a very drawn out and slow story. Yes there were good moments but they were down to the acting not the script

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would revive this thread with footage for Miracle Day finally being released.

ReputationRep:
    You've made me realise that I never actually updated the first post

ReputationRep:
    When is new torchwood starting?

ReputationRep:
    What did people think of Series 1 and 2. Are they worth me going and watching them?

I've only ever seen Children of Earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    What did people think of Series 1 and 2. Are they worth me going and watching them?

I've only ever seen Children of Earth.
    Series 1 and 2 are pretty good. You should watch them. They're better in that they're a whole series of different monsters and stuff whereas CoE was just one short storyline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humy369)
    When is new torchwood starting?
    The Starz teasers said 07.08.2011, which means we'll probably be getting it the same day or earlier. Which puts it on the 8th July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    The Starz teasers said 07.08.2011, which means we'll probably be getting it the same day or earlier. Which puts it on the 8th July.
    Is that between or after the 2 Doctor Whos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humy369)
    Is that between or after the 2 Doctor Whos?
    That'll be between the two halves of Doctor Who.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    That'll be between the two halves of Doctor Who.
    Right. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How did I not know this society existed?!?
    I am excited, but also full of trepidation for the new series.
    It better be good, otherwise I will not be happy :hmmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    According to a tweet from Lizo Mzimba (BBC Entertainment reporter, for those who don't know), RTD has confirmed that Miracle Day will be shown in the US before it gets aired the UK.

No UK transmission date announced. But Russell T Davies told me in interview before, would def air in US before here. #Torchwood #MiracleDay
    http://twitter.com/#!/lizo_mzimba/st...95668171128832
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    According to a tweet from Lizo Mzimba (BBC Entertainment reporter, for those who don't know), RTD has confirmed that Miracle Day will be shown in the US before it gets aired the UK.

http://twitter.com/#!/lizo_mzimba/st...95668171128832
    It's our show dammit :mad:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.