Medicine Rejections 2009 entry Watch

OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SilentGirl)
erm...im confused...you didnt like my statement?

May be i didnt make myself clear.

Its good that i dont have an offer yet as it would limit my aims. I would only aim to meet the offer just about, when i could be doing better. But, right now, im aiming for the maximum as Im not given a limit (AAB or AAA) and also to secure myself just like you said .

No sorry, one thing I didn't like the fact I have an offer! Sorry, it was me being unclear...and I was agreeing with your statement! Haha. Seriously, having two exams is amazing :p:
SilentGirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
No sorry, one thing I didn't like the fact I have an offer! Sorry, it was me being unclear...and I was agreeing with your statement! Haha. Seriously, having two exams is amazing :p:

Oops..i didnt realise you already hold an offer. How did i miss it ! Was it a KCL offer? Oxford?

How come you have only 2 ?!
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sd91)
you'll get there in the end SG. i just hate all of this waiting - it is driving me crazy. my two best friends have got got interviews and offers from soton and keep reminding me of it. everyone i know has either got an interview or offer and im just so annoyed about the waiting and the blank ucas screen
Blank UCAS is better..just for now...

Whenever i open my ucas (i still check incase my UNsuccessful turns into 'successful'..but i dont think it will say successful..but conditional....just a silly thing), Soton's unsuccessful is like laughing at my face : 'IN YOUR FACE MISSY..' haha... Grrr... I dont go on it anymore. :rolleyes:
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oops..i didnt realise you already hold an offer. How did i miss it ! Was it a KCL offer? Oxford?

How come you have only 2 ?!

Edinburgh and Aberdeen. I'm a Scot, so it's unconditionals for me. I have so much free time it's unbelievable.
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Edinburgh and Aberdeen. I'm a Scot, so it's unconditionals for me. I have so much free time it's unbelievable.

WOW 2 offers ! Congrats...

You have a good excuse then.
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WOW 2 offers ! Congrats...

You have a good excuse then.
Thank you

Your time will come! If i can get in, I'm sure a lot of others on here can!
FFCrusader
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know anything about the scottish system. Why is it you have unconditionals? Have you done all your exams and stuff?
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FFCrusader)
I don't know anything about the scottish system. Why is it you have unconditionals? Have you done all your exams and stuff?

We do Highers which are like your AS levels, but a tiny bit harder. UCAS sees 5 Highers at A as the same as 3 A levels at A. So we do our "make or break" exams a year earlier, but they still like us to stay on at school and study Advanced Highers, which are, again, a tiny bit harder than A levels.

It's hard to balance. We get unconditionals, but we are encouraged to keep working as the English students, especially for Medicine, will have more knowledge in Science if we do not take it to Advanced Higher.

SO that's why I dropped Music but am staying on with Chemistry and Biology.
FFCrusader
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We do Highers which are like your AS levels, but a tiny bit harder. UCAS sees 5 Highers at A as the same as 3 A levels at A. So we do our "make or break" exams a year earlier, but they still like us to stay on at school and study Advanced Highers, which are, again, a tiny bit harder than A levels.

It's hard to balance. We get unconditionals, but we are encouraged to keep working as the English students, especially for Medicine, will have more knowledge in Science if we do not take it to Advanced Higher.

SO that's why I dropped Music but am staying on with Chemistry and Biology.
Ah right cool. Thanks for clearing that up

Probably is advised to carry on as it's nice to have something to keep you on top of all the academic stuff. Being on a gap year and having a lack of biology and chemistry lessons is making me forget everything... Hopefully things will be fine should I get a place

Well done on the offers btw
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah right cool. Thanks for clearing that up

Probably is advised to carry on as it's nice to have something to keep you on top of all the academic stuff. Being on a gap year and having a lack of biology and chemistry lessons is making me forget everything... Hopefully things will be fine should I get a place

Well done on the offers btw

No problem and cheers!

Yeah, I don't want to be starting behind compared to the English students! First years is for fun!

There is something you can clear up for me... :p:

I'm turning 18 in May, and am a normal school leaver. Is turning 18 in May young or old for English students if they are school leavers and heading to university? Just curiosity as opposed to worry.
Tom4510
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No problem and cheers!

Yeah, I don't want to be starting behind compared to the English students! First years is for fun!

I'm turning 18 in May, and am a normal school leaver. Is turning 18 in May young or old for English students if they are school leavers and heading to university? Just curiosity as opposed to worry.
Im turning 18 in may also, and im a normal school leaver.
FFCrusader
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No problem and cheers!

May is getting towards the younger ones of the year but the youngest are born in August and oldest in September usually.

It's not too bad being young :p:
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tom4510)
Im turning 18 in may also, and im a normal school leaver.

Braw.

It may seem a weird question, but I have always been told English students are way maturer than Scottish students, yet in the same year.

Or is that just the Scottish/English comparison? :p:
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
May is getting towards the younger ones of the year but the youngest are born in August and oldest in September usually.

Ah see ours is March - February, so I've always been one of the oldest. Cheers.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

it gets depressing once you realize you are getting older
FFCrusader
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah see ours is March - February, so I've always been one of the oldest. Cheers.
No problem haha I'm a February child, so in Scotland I would be one of the youngest instead of middle :p:

(Original post by Hyeree)
it gets depressing once you realize you are getting older
haha maybe.. don't remind me it's depressing! I'm older than you..:sigh:
*...smiling away....*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jojoba123)
o0o thank you i got 3 A* as well

so still hopeful
thats ok, glad to be able to cheer up a fellow despondent medicine applicant! oo ur on kings waiting list! i've heard nothing from them! do you mind me asking what your UKCAT was?

EDIT: sorry just saw the answer in your sig, much higher than mine which would be why i've heard nothing yet.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha maybe.. don't remind me it's depressing! I'm older than you..:sigh:
naww :hugs: well if it's any consolation, everyone's getting older at the same time. :p:
except some people seem to never grow up!
FFCrusader
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
naww :hugs: well if it's any consolation, everyone's getting older at the same time. :p:
haha I don't really mind :p:

My sister in law once said that "Boys never grow up" I kinda agree :awesome:
SilentGirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

No one is ever too old...

Who says !!

Age is just a number !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads