Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    I WATCH GLEE.

:woo:
    Glee is a bit terrible but, in fairness, it does help introduce kids to some classic tunes, albeit indirectly.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft Glee is awful

It's all about Shameless and more recently Episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Really nice morning at the GP (and my last 6:30 alarm until September :awesome: ) It actually was Lupus!

ReputationRep:
    Question mostly aimed at current doctors;

Are expenses such as BMA membership, registration fees, membership exams etc tax deductable? If so, how should I go about doing this? (I have no experience with income tax )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)

Are expenses such as BMA membership, registration fees, membership exams etc tax deductable? If so, how should I go about doing this? (I have no experience with income tax )
    I heard about the black sock. :toofunny:

ReputationRep:

I've been told yes by the BMA rep. I too have no idea how to do so in practice, but plenty of time to find out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I heard about the black sock. :toofunny:
    From who? :ninja:

But yeah, dermatology hates me...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else going to the General Surgery conference at UCL this weekend? (I know we discussed it weeks ago but I can't remember if anyone actually booked).

Also, any Kings or Impy students fancy showing me round on Friday? Have a few hours in the afternoon to kill and thought I'd check out where I might *touch wood* be doing an iBSc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Is anyone else going to the General Surgery conference at UCL this weekend? (I know we discussed it weeks ago but I can't remember if anyone actually booked).

Also, any Kings or Impy students fancy showing me round on Friday? Have a few hours in the afternoon to kill and thought I'd check out where I might *touch wood* be doing an iBSc.
    I know the people running it, mostly from our surgsoc. Why not just make a 4 day weekend of it and come down to london early, see the sites - oh and I have 2 days of ortho and rheum lectures tomorrow and friday, do you want to go instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    I know the people running it, mostly from our surgsoc. Why not just make a 4 day weekend of it and come down to london early, see the sites - oh and I have 2 days of ortho and rheum lectures tomorrow and friday, do you want to go instead
    My idea of coming to London early is getting the 6am train, and just the idea of that is killing me right now. I'm stopping off at home on the way back, so already away from Aberdeen for five days rather tooo close to exams.

ReputationRep:
    I love diagnosis by catchphrase.

A bangadeshi man, fevers, sweats...
    20 year old male known to be HIV+ has CXR showing bilateral consolidation, low O2 and is very unwell - diagnosis and treatment
    Teenager found collasped with peardrops of breath, diagnose and treat
    Lady with previous history of itchy eye comes to GP with headache, change in conscious state and abnormal pupils

(slightly made up, no people were harmed in the learning process)...

ReputationRep:
    What's the last one?

ReputationRep:
    I get 1 and 3 but not the others...

ReputationRep:
    I get 1 and 3 but not the others...
    No offense, but ortho looks very dull

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: Blasphemy! What stuff are you covering in lectures? I don't recall being too enthralled by our lectures either, tbh, except the "20 ways to fix a fracture" one. I had to see the other side of the coin in being an ortho patient this week, tho, and that is definitely not fun :no:

ReputationRep:
    I love diagnosis by catchphrase.

A bangadeshi man, fevers, sweats...
    20 year old male known to be HIV+ has CXR showing bilateral consolidation, low O2 and is very unwell - diagnosis and treatment
    Teenager found collasped with peardrops of breath, diagnose and treat
    Lady with previous history of itchy eye comes to GP with headache, change in conscious state and abnormal pupils

(slightly made up, no people were harmed in the learning process)...
    Spoiler:
    Show

1.TB
    2. PCP + cotrimoxazole
    3. DKA + Insulin/K/Fluids
    4. ?Meningitis

ReputationRep:
    Carpentry is dull.

What's the difference between a rhino and an orthopod?

Spoiler:
    Show

One is a clumsy brute with thick skin who charges a lot, the other's an African mammal.

How many orthopods does it take to change a lightbulb?

Spoiler:
    Show

Just one, who writes a referral to the medics - '?darkness ?cause'

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

1.TB
    2. PCP + cotrimoxazole
    3. DKA + Insulin/K/Fluids
    4. ?Meningitis
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes - previous infection -> cavernous sinus. case changed slightly

ReputationRep:
    :hmmm: Blasphemy! What stuff are you covering in lectures? I don't recall being too enthralled by our lectures either, tbh, except the "20 ways to fix a fracture" one. I had to see the other side of the coin in being an ortho patient this week, tho, and that is definitely not fun :no:
    Injuries to knee hip hand, joint pathology and atheritis(es)

ReputationRep:
    Injuries to knee hip hand, joint pathology and atheritis(es)
    Uhoh -I got one of those wrong - was I supposed to know that stuff in third year? haha oops

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.