POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
The west have a sense of well being and think that they are invincible from attacks because they don't get subjected to what Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan get subjected to daily, it will be a shock to the system when the middle East really do start the attack and Briton won't be ready for it.
Cool story bro.
King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:yawn: He's been dead for 10 years people, it was a hoax on behalf of the USA government so they could stay in the Middle-East and rob the ****ing oil.

Open your eyes people, why believe what an American says? All they've ever done is shot us in friendly fire, ****ing yanks!!
nosaer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greengrapes)
yeh exactly as u said they undertook the operation themselves so doesnt it show with all the time given to them 10 years to be exact that the usa could prepare some ridiculous story
Or they could just kill him for real?

how the u.s army have finally found him. moreover they havent really made this story viable at all what so ever i mean first the alleged killing and them the killing him with no trial, they didnt do that to saddam hussein and he was one evil dictator of this world. and isnt also a tad stupid not to take osama as hostage to try and interrogate him about future terrorist attackks and whereabouts of the al-Qaeda cos im pretty sure the men in that organisation are down along the list on the most wanted for the usa. you see nothing adds up does it?
I've already said all this. My thoughts are that capturing him would open up a whole can of worms the US wouldnt want to be involved in, so they planned an assasination.

Hmm, do I believe you or the fact Al Qaeda have already confirmed his death, and soon you'll see them replacing him with their number two.
zovija
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that whilst clearly it would have been better to capture him - (to hold a trial, set an example, obtain information...), this would perhaps not have been possible - where could they hold him without constant attack and plots to free him? Also he refused to surrender.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
You'd wade into the middle of a firefight, hoist him over your shoulders, carry him out and heroically "Get to the choppa'!"? :rolleyes:

No, Summer, you wouldn't. You'd have been shot.

The fact he was in a room defended by God know's how many loyal supporters with firearms, and that they wouldn't exactly relinquish their spiritual leader to you lightly, doesn't exactly bode well for you.

That attack couldn't have lead to anything other then his death. He'd have shot himself or shot at them before being captured.
have you heard of rubber bullets? tear gas?
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
Why is it that every one of your posts makes me think of a gibbering fascist retard who got fed a keyboard through the bars of his cage?

Oh, and your brothers are murderers too, just as bad as Bin Laden.
I'll take any insult to me, Rant, but please don't insult two people who've fought for this country for seven years. Far be it from me to not allow you your view, so I wont, but in their defense, they've done more then should be asked for one for his or her own country.

If you feel justified to claim them murderers, then that's within your prerogative within the boundaries of free-speech. I shall defend every action the pair of them and every single member of the military over there, however.
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'd wade into the middle of a firefight, hoist him over your shoulders, carry him out and heroically "Get to the choppa'!"? :rolleyes:

No, Summer, you wouldn't. You'd have been shot.

The fact he was in a room defended by God know's how many loyal supporters with firearms, and that they wouldn't exactly relinquish their spiritual leader to you lightly, doesn't exactly bode well for you.

That attack couldn't have lead to anything other then his death. He'd have shot himself or shot at them before being captured.
Im sure people like you would have been saying the same thing about Saddam before he got caught.

I think you guys dont give the US special forces the credit they deserve. If they wanted him alive, Im pretty sure they could have taken him alive. (And he wasnt in a room full of bodyguards. The only others to die were his son, 3 grandkids, a courier and a women. Looks like he chose to try and stay low rather than surround himself with his fighters.)
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
have you heard of rubber bullets? tear gas?
Have you heard of X-number of supporters with AK-47s, AK-74Us and the myriad of other Soviet-Era weaponry left behind that fire real rounds that do kill?

Oh you go right ahead, you attack that compound with rubber rounds whilst they shoot back with live rounds. Oh and tear gas? Yeah, throw forty of those in, you may have time to fire thirty rounds of rubber at someone before the four-minute effect time wears off. :rolleyes:
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So who is interested in more photo's?
'President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011'

Spoiler:
Show

Source : The Whitehouse's Flickr
(I found it amusing they have their own Flickr but whatever)
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Im sure people like you would have been saying the same thing about Saddam before he got caught.

I think you guys dont give the US special forces the credit they deserve. If they wanted him alive, Im pretty sure they could have taken him alive. (And he wasnt in a room full of bodyguards. The only others to die were his son, 3 grandkids, a courier and a women. Looks like he chose to try and stay low rather than surround himself with his fighters.)
The word "firefight" betrays the fact he did have numerous bodyguards.

Unless grandchildren Bin Laden picked up weaponry and shot back.

I give the US Special Forces every credit. The Navy Seals are one of the most superior special force units in the world. Even the SAS or the Royal Marine Commandos would fail to get him out of there alive.
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Onwards and Upwards!)
*cough* What if they didn't kill him... and do still have him alive... and he is dead to the world but alive to the Americans undergoing true revenge on a sickening scale for the mass atrocities he has committed?
You know, there is actually genuinely nothing to suggest that this could not be true.

Sounds completely plausible to me.

I wonder if wikileaks will shed any light on any events in the decade gone by about OBL and the efforts to catch or kill him?
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
So who is interested in more photo's?
'President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011'

Spoiler:
Show

Source : The Whitehouse's Flickr
(I found it amusing they have their own Flickr but whatever)
Supposedly they watched it live.
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
[B]So who is interested in more photo's?
Image has already been posted in the Original/First Post.
j.alexanderh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greengrapes)
long story short this osama bin laden is actually called tim osman he worked for the american cia.. and this 9/11 is all an act conducted by the american government to kill there own people and blame a muslim which would lead to a mad hate crime against muslims and terrorism because the americans are afraid they are going to dominate the world. oh yeh the american government conisists of zionist who hate muslims and islam..
Surely you are not this stupid. Surely.
DorianGrayism
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
The Americans saw it as a personal attack on every one of them. 9/11 became a national wound.
You are talking to someone who has a mental problem.

He is calling people that celebrate the death of a fascist, fascists.

He clearly has some problems.
Tommyjw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchild007)
Image has already been posted in the Original/First Post.
Well i don't look at the first post.
Considering your first post has nothing of newer value in it anywayyssss
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The word "firefight" betrays the fact he did have numerous bodyguards.

Unless grandchildren Bin Laden picked up weaponry and shot back.

I give the US Special Forces every credit. The Navy Seals are one of the most superior special force units in the world. Even the SAS or the Royal Marine Commandos would fail to get him out of there alive.
If he had bodyguards, they would be dead and accounted for.

The word firefight means nothing, mainly because they aren't going to claim an execution and make him a martyr.

They've had ten years to plan and train for exactly these situations in the event of locating him. To then suggest they still wouldnt have been able to take him alive is not giving them the credit they deserve. Its too late in the night and I've misplaced by armchair general hat, so I can't be bothered to argue this, but you can't seriously believe one of if not the best equiped, best trained, most experienced, most determined fighting force doesn't have it in them to be able to extract targets alive. How the hell do you think they extract hostages, who are probably heavily guarded and booby trapped?
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by j.alexanderh)
Surely you are not this stupid. Surely.
surely your not gay are you? the chances are quite high unless you have done extensive research on both sides of the story you cant say nutiinnnnnn! why dont you just go and watch cnn news or something!
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Well i don't look at the first post.
Considering your first post has nothing of newer value in it anywayyssss
Always with the attitude :rolleyes:

I was simply informing you that the image had already been posted in the original post before, but if you want to moronically keep on posting the same thing again, please be my guest
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NGC773)
Really? Lets say you were in the special forces storming a bunker. You see a guy with a weapon and hes about to shoot. What do you do? Are you just going to stay still waiting for him to shoot or are you going to shoot him?

Osama didnt want to be captured, he fought untill he died, he wasnt going to give up. It was him dying or US special forces.

yeh along with me are a dozen of men with guns and rifles so nah i wouldnt shoot cos they have my back and so whats one american life compared to the thousands of afghani women and kids they have killed? yeh it was bound to be him "dying" cos america cant lose a precious soilder who just murders innocent ones around him
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise