The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dragonkeeper999
awesome - I'll have a look :smile:

Awesome, they've got this whole colour thing going too :biggrin:
Reply 1541
****ed it lads
Original post by adi19956
If you're worried about track updating, you can get an auto refresh extension for Chrome, you can even get it to make an audible alarm when the page changes. I used it once and it meant that I could leave my laptop on overnight, not worry about having to refresh the browser myself and go to bed. An alarm then goes off when the page changes, so you don't have to set an alarm yourself for 0600 then worry about it updating.

Just a small tip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

oo thanks for that, i'll download it :yep:
would +rep you but looks like i've done it recently so can't do it again :frown:
Original post by kingdoo
Unfortunate and WHY???:smile:

Our school doesn't give out AS results out until 10am on Friday, presumably so they can focus on clearing and stuff for A2. We weren't aware of this when deciding what day to go on holiday, so of course, we booked it the day after the proper results day :facepalm:. So not only do I have to wait until Friday, I then have to wait for everyone else to collect their AS results and the school to sort them out before they bother emailing me the results. Knowing my luck the plane will probably go down and I'll end up stranded on an island for months, completely unaware of what results await me back home! :mad:
Reply 1544
Original post by saraw26
I think this is for the AS. Because at our sixthform AS students get theirs at 10:30am and A2 get theirs at around 6am. Good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, we get ours from 7:30 and AS students get theirs at like 11.
Reply 1545
We get ours online at 6:30 which I'm grateful for, I'd hate to have to go in for results and have people gathering asking what I got :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1546
Original post by Vinster
Anyone else hoping aqa are feeling generous? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

CCEA over here.
Original post by Tuya
So, I left this thread for an hour. Now there's like 20 posts about IKEA. Anyone bother explaining?

:colondollar: sorry...
Original post by PythianLegume
It wasn't price, but space I was worrying about - you don't want to be taking loads of bags on the train.

This.

I was just planning on having a suitcase of clothes and what not and a hand luggage box with food. But from what I'm hearing, its like everyone's bringing everything they own to uni, including DVD's and cd racks and books. I'm just thinking.. Am I doing something wrong?!! Because I'm using 2 trains and if I have to rush that would suuuck :/
Original post by Padouken
Anyone do AQA Chem5 here?

I did... and it was my last exam so it's the only one I really remember.

It was awful :frown: I hated the questions about colour and frequency (never really understood it - I got away with writing 'energy absorbed, colour transmitted' in the past papers so it really caught me out! serves me right I suppose!), and my friends and I all got totally different answers for the calculation at the end.

how'd you find it?
Original post by JodieW
We get ours online at 6:30 which I'm grateful for, I'd hate to have to go in for results and have people gathering asking what I got :/

Tbh this is probably extremely weird but I quite enjoy the results day atmosphere at school. It's very intense. As long as I've got into my firm, I don't mind people asking what I've got :tongue:

Original post by DavidM95
I bought a new laptop.. Oh well. Always need a laptop!

Oh wow! My mum asked me if I wanted to buy a used MacBook from her colleague but I didn't respond quickly enough and it was sold to someone else. I have no knowledge of OS X though so I'm better off sticking with my Windows netbook!
I was planning on just logging in at 8AM because that is when UCAS is unfrozen, so I know that it'll be likely that if I log in beforehand it won't have changed :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Track has frozen until Thursday morning. This is getting real!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingdoo
I may have to suggest something to them next year as they are slightly inexperienced I think as it is only their first year. Last year many failed AS's so I am slightly anxious again purely down to lack of experience and understanding about the difficulty. Good luck though hope we both get the grades we deserve.

Good idea! Thing is my school should know that by now, it's a pretty old sixth form. I suppose they don't expect many people to fail though, maybe that's it, but even then it seems silly cos inevitably some people won't do as well. Good luck to you as well :smile:
Reply 1554
Original post by kingdoo
Think it depends on the UNI and the grades that they are asking for. Remember people get into OXBRIDGE in adjustment and pretty much every UNI will have places. I guess it will be slightly easier than in the past due to the high fees which they only get if they fill their spaces:biggrin:

Oxbridge don't go in adjustment or clearing...
Reply 1555
Original post by lillollystar

Posted from TSR Mobile

:argh:.... :banghead:
Reply 1556
Hi guys,

In case I don't get my firm, should I contact my second-choice university (which I rejected before) first and see if I can get into it via clearing and then ask my insurance to release me and enter clearing? Because although I don't like my insurance choice, I don't want to lose it for something I am not guaranteed to get.

Also, what are the grade requirements for subjects in clearing because I don't think it mentions them. Is it the same as standard grades they offer or do they let one grade drop below. E.g their standard offer would be AAA, but through clearing, they would accept AAB?

And when is the clearing list available?

Thanks guys.
Original post by sneha.vag
How comes? It is :smile:

Got offers from other universities :smile: yeah I thought it was great, nice place, nice uni :smile:
Original post by lilmisssunshine13
I did... and it was my last exam so it's the only one I really remember.

It was awful :frown: I hated the questions about colour and frequency (never really understood it - I got away with writing 'energy absorbed, colour transmitted' in the past papers so it really caught me out! serves me right I suppose!), and my friends and I all got totally different answers for the calculation at the end.

how'd you find it?

I'm not sure tbh. I needed a really low mark for an A and because I don't require an A* for my offer, I didn't really bother with much work (I only bother achieving what I need and never go the extra mile, a flaw, I know) so I did like one past paper. So, I didn't really know what to expect in terms of typical questions etc. A lot of people from my school said it was an odd paper and none had come across the last question ever, but I got an answer, whether or not it's right remains to be seen. I need 105 for A* but I'm not really bothered with that but we'll see what happens :redface:.

All in all, I didn't sail through it Lol. Some tricky questions tbh! The redox equations using Cobalt ions was the hardest question imo. When the question said 'there should be no electrons in the two reactions paths' I was like, 'the ****?' - literally said that in the exam.

Good luck with it :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by lillollystar

Oh, I didn't know about that! Can UCAS still edit the course information? There was some confusion for me because my course was categorised as a postgraduate course by mistake and this still needs to be changed. My university assured me that the information would be corrected :s-smilie:

Latest