Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    It's a minimum of two weeks. I had one referee complete their reference for me within about four hours so I'm just waiting on the other one! Exciting!
    Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Are you supposed to be able to pay immediately after sending the reference requests? Or do you have to wait until the references have been input in to the system?

I've just requested my references but it's not letting me access the Pay/send section yet.
    No, you pay and officially send once the references are sorted out!

ReputationRep:
    GUYS,

When you get AS Level in year 1 of college, does that then get replaced if you carry it on to an A2.

Or for our applications do you write it in the AS and the A2 sections?

HELP!

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Well its officially been sent! Just waiting for references. I sent one to my head teacher saying they freeze applications until reference is received I'm hoping that doesn't sound to pushy?? hate this waiting!! Hope everyone else is okay!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Just a quick question about references, i'm using my university tutor and my manager, is that okay? I wanted to use someone who I worked with whilst on my placement at a primary school, but I was told it was best to use my manager from my job, as they can comment on my character and such, is this true?

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I passed my Skills Tests when I applied last year (and didnt get in) however Im trying to rebook them but it is saying I have to wait until 2016!?! I passed first time, so I don't understand what's going on? xxx

ReputationRep:
    Do referees see all your application including your personal statement? I've sent it now.,,,very nervous!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmac2382)
    Hiya, please can anyone give me any advice? I have a 2:1 in BSc Biology, but only a D in GCSE Science.... I completed an Access to Higher Education to get onto my degree course. Am I able to apply for a PGCE without a C in Science taking into account my other qualifications? Many thanks
    If you're applying to primary, no. If you're applying for secondary, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    No, you pay and officially send once the references are sorted out!
    Thanks!

Hope they hurry up then!

ReputationRep:
    Just an odd question - not for me but family member. Under GCSE info on application - how do you give 2 sep English results and 3 sep scence ones?
    Many thanks
    P

ReputationRep:
    Argh! So I get home and I can't find my degree transcript. I am applying for Primary PGCE - do you think it necessary to put all of my modules? Also, how many credits did you get per module at undergrad? I know you need a total of 360 for a Hons degree.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about the 'King Edward's Consortium'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiebath12)
    Hiya

I passed my Skills Tests when I applied last year (and didnt get in) however Im trying to rebook them but it is saying I have to wait until 2016!?! I passed first time, so I don't understand what's going on? xxx
    They last for 3 years - you don't need to do them again

ReputationRep:
    One reference already received and I only posted it an hour ago! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neonlj)
    Just two quick questions.

On the personal statement, it seems to be very strict about the statement checks. I applied last year and the statement I'm using this year is just a reworked version of last years PS. Some of the sentences will likely be exactly the same, is this an issue.

On the School and work experience bit, I have loads of different experiences and want to include as much as possible. The example they give doesn't really give any detail on responsibilities and knowledge/ experience gained. Is it just for a quick note of each placement, or am I best giving a brief bit of info on the experiences?

Thanks in advance to whoever is lovely enough to answer these questions. I hope all your applications are going well! Yes, that is a massive issue. You cannot reuse the same personal statement, nor reuse certain parts of it. You need to completely reword it.

They use software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, and your PS will be flagged up if you submit the same one (or parts of it the same) as last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No this is not an issue - you cannot plagiarise your own work

7. Can I use the personal statement I wrote for a previous application again?

Yes, you can use a statement from a previous application provided the original was all your own work. The service removes all matches where the name and date of birth of the applicant are the same, so if the service highlights similarities it will not match with your previous statement but with other sources already in our library.

ReputationRep:
    Four words.... 5 too many lines

ReputationRep:
    The availability of your choices may change between now and when you pay and send your application to UCAS. You can finalise them up until just before you pay and send your application to UCAS.

Anyone had this message? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy1234567)
    (Original post by neonlj)
    Just two quick questions.

On the personal statement, it seems to be very strict about the statement checks. I applied last year and the statement I'm using this year is just a reworked version of last years PS. Some of the sentences will likely be exactly the same, is this an issue.

On the School and work experience bit, I have loads of different experiences and want to include as much as possible. The example they give doesn't really give any detail on responsibilities and knowledge/ experience gained. Is it just for a quick note of each placement, or am I best giving a brief bit of info on the experiences?

Thanks in advance to whoever is lovely enough to answer these questions. I hope all your applications are going well! Yes, that is a massive issue. You cannot reuse the same personal statement, nor reuse certain parts of it. You need to completely reword it.

They use software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, and your PS will be flagged up if you submit the same one (or parts of it the same) as last year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No this is not an issue - you cannot plagiarise your own work

7. Can I use the personal statement I wrote for a previous application again?

Yes, you can use a statement from a previous application provided the original was all your own work. The service removes all matches where the name and date of birth of the applicant are the same, so if the service highlights similarities it will not match with your previous statement but with other sources already in our library.

I nearly had a heart attack reading that previous post! thank you so much for clarifying.

I will ring them up tomorrow just to make sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemmac2382)
    Hiya, please can anyone give me any advice? I have a 2:1 in BSc Biology, but only a D in GCSE Science.... I completed an Access to Higher Education to get onto my degree course. Am I able to apply for a PGCE without a C in Science taking into account my other qualifications? Many thanks
    If I recall correctly, (I applied last year and did not get in), you need at least a C grade at GCSE level in Maths, English and Science to do most PCGEs. It will tell you in red writing at the end of your application (before you submit it) if you do not meet the requirements. My friend had to retake some of her GCSEs just to apply this year. she really wants to be a teacher though. You also have to do a separate test to apply this year called a 'Skills Test' which will test your maths, english and science skills on GCSE level also.

ReputationRep:
    I changed my PS loads in the end, just waiting to have it proof read by my partner, but it might have strengthened it, which is only a good thing.

I just have a question about the work experience thing. Do you just put where you did it an how long? Because I've tried to add some detail on what I learned along the way, but it's now too long and I've no chance of making it shorter...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.