Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicia2908)
    Can you think of any possibility why? Did you put anything dodgy on your personal statement? I know a boy who was rejected from everywhere without interview because he talked about previously had epilepsy in his personal statement. He hasn't had a fit in a really long time, but apparently, all his grades, everything was spot on, so that's the only reason why he could have been rejected. you're an international applicant- where are you from?
    If they did reject him for that reason, then they broke the law.

It's very unlikely this was not the reason for the rejection. Admissions tutors realise that seizures can be controlled for many people with epilepsy (especially if he was using the past tense in his PS) and it wouldn't have affected work or study significantly. Even if there was the potential for it affecting him, then that's exactly what Occupational Health are there for. To discuss whether a person is fit enough for the role and to provide any appropriate support.

So even if he still has seizures I don't think it would have been an issue. I know several people who are medical students or current doctors who have epilepsy.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I was offered an interview in Singapore (I'm an international student) and I'm very very excited indeed.

I was wondering: How much will the interview revolve around my personal statement? I know Imperial and Cardiff kick things off with the personal statement and have the entire interview structured around what you've written. Will Barts do the same?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilfred87)
    Surely there must be an answer for this? Help a brother out!
    Hey! I don't think they have certain interview dates...got this off the website: 'All our interviews take place in January and February. We start inviting selected candidates to interview at the beginning of January through to February each year. GEP MB BS 4-year programme runs the assessment centre in February of each year.' Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amir Palermo)
    Hello! I was offered an interview in Singapore (I'm an international student) and I'm very very excited indeed.

I was wondering: How much will the interview revolve around my personal statement? I know Imperial and Cardiff kick things off with the personal statement and have the entire interview structured around what you've written. Will Barts do the same?

Thanks!
    ahh congrats!! when is your interview? did they send you an ethical article with the interview invite? I think its primarily based on the personal statement and article...but it may be different this year! didn't they mention the format and stuff of the interview with the invite?

ReputationRep:
    Hi people so i was looking at the barts thread and found the post ( see below) 3rd year barts medic posted this

... I think this is for 5 year course not sure it is for 4 year course but not too sure .... It was i think posted 4th of december 2013 on TSR

I AM NOT SURE HOW ACCURATE/RELIABLE THIS IS ...

I am not responsible for anything in the post below . Just trying to help ... I am not liable for Anything said or mentioned in this post ... So please dont treat this post as definite dates / or interviews or book holidays based on the dates below ... Please use common sense and remeber this is NOT A 100% confirmed

" Hey guys and gals, 3rd year medic here at BL

Interview dates for this year:

January - 21, 27, 28, 29, 30

February - 17, 18, 24, 25, 26

I simply do not know, and content of the interviews themselves are not allowed to be discussed on TSR."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any Rest of EU people gotten rejected yet? I hate waiting i haven't heard from any of the 4 colleges yet

ReputationRep:
    Any internationals here who weren't offered an interview but weren't exactly rejected either? *Currently stuck in limbo mode*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    Hi people so i was looking at the barts thread and found the post ( see below) 3rd year barts medic posted this

... I think this is for 5 year course not sure it is for 4 year course but not too sure .... It was i think posted 4th of december 2013 on TSR

I am not responsible for anything in the post below . Just trying to help ... I am not liable for Anything said or mentioned in this post ... So please dont treat this post as definite dates / or interviews or book holidays based on the dates below ... Please use common sense and remeber this is NOT A 100% confirmed

I simply do not know, and content of the interviews themselves are not allowed to be discussed on TSR."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohh cool!! is this post on this thread? did they mention anywhere when they start giving out invites? first week of jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic321)
    ohh cool!! is this post on this thread? did they mention anywhere when they start giving out invites? first week of jan?
    I think so it was dated on 4th december .... No idea when they give out invites some say 10 days some say 14 its a mystery

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think so it was dated on 4th december .... No idea when they give out invites some say 10 days some say 14 its a mystery

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought they give a week's notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrumChops)
    I thought they give a week's notice
    only a week's notice!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic321)
    only a week's notice!!!!
    Very unlikely ... But i dont know ..
    That is not right ... SAINT BARTS Should know better ;-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Last year Barts started interviewing around early Feb. All graduates were interviewed on the first couple of days. I had two weeks notice and I am pretty sure everyone else did too. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma_O25)
    Have any Rest of EU people gotten rejected yet? I hate waiting i haven't heard from any of the 4 colleges yet
    In the exact same boat! The amount of times I've clicked the refresh button in my email is getting to a ridiculous number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nailbiter)
    In the exact same boat! The amount of times I've clicked the refresh button in my email is getting to a ridiculous number
    Ugh its so annoying! where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how we go about transferring application to one of the courses they've given on that list in the email ?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My post

Yes those are the dates. Can change but unlikely to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    My post

Yes those are the dates. Can change but unlikely to
    Ur an awesome person for doing this :-)
    Just to confirm though are these for 5 year or 4 year programmes or both ??

Happy new year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ur an awesome person for doing this :-)
    Just to confirm though are these for 5 year or 4 year programmes or both ??

Happy new year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    5 year only.

Not sure when the GEP interviews are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    5 year only.

Not sure when the GEP interviews are
    Kool i suspected so ... Hugs for doing this lols
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.