Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyT17)
    What was it last year for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    A better paper than last year by far. I think I've got upwards of 50, but I shouldn't count my chickens. I should have got a B at least which is all I need for my sixth form place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    What did you get for the force?
    Can't remember exactly, I think it was something like 2.4 or so. Not sure, it was less than 5 atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akl141)
    Can't remember exactly, I think it was something like 2.4 or so. Not sure, it was less than 5 atleast.
    Yeah I got 2.4

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I got
    How did you find the exam? You seem to have done well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I got
    How did you find the exam? You seem to have done well
    Well I thought the exam overall was easy. Atleast, easier than what they could have asked. The six marks went fine, and the calculations weren't too complex either. Well thats just me because I revised.

ReputationRep:
    Well I thought the exam overall was easy. Atleast, easier than what they could have asked. The six marks went fine, and the calculations weren't too complex either. Well thats just me because I revised.
    Same here, I think it was a lot kinder than past papers and the stuff they could have asked in p5 :eek: I was quite shocked going through it :/ I hate physics calculations though -_- and they could have made the graph ones a lot harder as well and could have put in a lot more morphed data and how science works questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    It was awful omfg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bro...
    Still P7 to compensate

ReputationRep:
    The wires contain charged electrons pressing the switch to complete the circuit. Which allows electrons move around the circuit in a continuos loop. The energy transformed to power supple electrons to the lamp. The electrons collide with ions in the lamp filament.the filament get it and the lamps become hot enough to emit light. The have used negative so that it's electrons have gone to the bulb so it hasn't got enought electrons to emit light. Is this good enough to get three marks.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that the exam was alright but once again after comparing answers it could've gone better...

For the graph I kept doing curved and then straight, and made it straight stupidly. I left s gap from the origin though and got current and power the right way, how many out of 3 do you think I'd get?

for the Amir six marker I mentioned acceleration, not velocity - is this still right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    I thought that the exam was alright but once again after comparing answers it could've gone better...

For the graph I kept doing curved and then straight, and made it straight stupidly. I left s gap from the origin though and got current and power the right way, how many out of 3 do you think I'd get?

for the Amir six marker I mentioned acceleration, not velocity - is this still right?
    It said not to plot the graph

ReputationRep:

The graph was a steep curve depending on what your axis was. For the Amir six mark, acceleration was fine, but you must have mentioned increasing speed or velocity in order to gain extra marks otherwise the acceleration has no direct effect.

ReputationRep:
    The graph was a steep curve depending on what your axis was. For the Amir six mark, acceleration was fine, but you must have mentioned increasing speed or velocity in order to gain extra marks otherwise the acceleration has no direct effect.
    Yup - said acceleration and momentum built up as he began to run from stationary

(Original post by Basim97)
    It said not to plot the graph
    Not the actual results, you had to draw the pattern it'd produce though.

ReputationRep:
    The wires contain charged electrons pressing the switch to complete the circuit. Which allows electrons move around the circuit in a continuos loop. The energy transformed to power supple electrons to the lamp. The electrons collide with ions in the lamp filament.the filament get it and the lamps become hot enough to emit light. The have used negative so that it's electrons have gone to the bulb so it hasn't got enought electrons to emit light. Howmany marks would I get

ReputationRep:
    Bro...
    Still P7 to compensate
    That's even worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone need the 7s papers from june 2013.

ReputationRep:
    I had no idea what to put for that one. Did you mention momentum, K.E, G.P.E & drag?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    I had no idea what to put for that one. Did you mention momentum, K.E, G.P.E & drag?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Momentum was relevant to mention as well as the fact that his driving forces was greater than the counter forces such as friction and drag. Kinetic energy would also be relevant, but GPE would only be relevant if you linked it to an increase in kinetic energy/speed. Also useful to mention that when Amir runs, he creates an interaction pair on the surface with a greater force that pushes him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.l.a.4559)
    thanks so much for putting this up... just wonderin where did you get it? cos ive been looking for one for B7 but i can't find it anywhere://
    Here are is the B7 paper from 2013.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf A163-02_MS_June13.pdf (269.3 KB, 104 views)
  2. File Type: pdf A163-02Jun13.pdf (262.9 KB, 110 views)

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.