The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Diaby is probably a bit overrated but the guy is genuine class, rarely have I ever seen him play badly and at his best he is approaching Vieira levels honestly. Worth remembering that when fit he was invariably picked for France. Provides the physical presence we need at CM if he stays fit.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Don't you think Wenger has kept him for a reason apart from what in your eyes seems to be misguided faith. I see where your coming from but if Diaby gets a run of games he can be exactly the sort of player we need, although that remains extremely unlikely.

Although, your post makes it seem as if you think other fans are overrating Diaby, I don't think that's the case at all. Its just that most know what he's capable of and it's a shame his talent is going to waste, this is probably in the back of Wenger's mind too.

Finally, If your going to doubt Diaby's ability look at the game at Anfield were he took Liverpool's midfield to the cleaners :coma:

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's at the club because he signed a 5 year contract back in 2010 back when he regularly played. He was inconsistent back then, lazy, rarely left his stamp on a game. How often does he have games like that Liverpool game? Wilshere went through a similar period when he was injured he became a better player and England's only hope. Diaby is a ridiculously frustrating player and used to get so much **** from the fans back when he was a regular
Give him a run of 15 games so you can remember how he's lazy, has a poor attitude, slows the game down so much (his worst trait), gives the ball away in his own half for fun and most of you will change your tune
Aurier on loan to PSG, apparently only a loan because of FFP problems.
Reply 1544
Rumours flying around that "Arsenal are ready to scrap their interest in Sami Khedira and Bender to give Wilshere a chance at anchor man"
I'd be so vexed.
Reply 1546
"Another Real Madrid star who could be on the move is 21-year-old defender Raphael Varane, with Chelsea monitoring his situation." - Independent

We should be ALL over this if Verm is leaving. Terrific long term replacement for merta too
Arsenal are being linked with Firmino. This would be a superb signing.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Rumours flying around that "Arsenal are ready to scrap their interest in Sami Khedira and Bender to give Wilshere a chance at anchor man"
I'd be so vexed.

I'm not ruling out buying a DM just yet but it wouldn't surprise me if Wenger is thinking this way. Would be a shame.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
"Another Real Madrid star who could be on the move is 21-year-old defender Raphael Varane, with Chelsea monitoring his situation." - Independent

We should be ALL over this if Verm is leaving. Terrific long term replacement for merta too

Lol he'd replace Mert instantly
I'd be so vexed.

In old Arsenal times, this would have happened. Fingers crossed.
Reply 1550
I'd be so vexed.

:rofl: would love that :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Independent chat a lot of nonsense.

They were adamant that personal terms had been agreed with Di Maria, next we hear that he wants to play for a CL club. They put any story to sell papers.

Think about it. Why would Real Madrid get rid of Varane. Why would Chelsea buy him considering we tried to buy another version of Varane(albeit lesser quality). It doesn't make sense.
Reply 1553
Original post by All falls dowwn
Lol he'd replace Mert instantly

In old Arsenal times, this would have happened. Fingers crossed.

You're right, he would but I meant that for the longer term he'd be a perfect fit

Also, that Verane - Kosc French partnership tho :P
Original post by jam278

They were adamant that personal terms had been agreed with Di Maria, next we hear that he wants to play for a CL club. They put any story to sell papers.

Think about it. Why would Real Madrid get rid of Varane. Why would Chelsea buy him considering we tried to buy another version of Varane(albeit lesser quality). It doesn't make sense.

Usually, the Independent don't say anything of their own accord at all.

Most of their stories are 'reports in Spain say' or 'according to X source' - they just pass on information from **** sources and also name those sources.
Why would Real sell one of their only 3 CBs, probably the best young defender in Europe?

I'll bet right now that Wenger will sign a <23y.o CB from Ligue 1 for about £10m who will either turn out to be an absolute tank or will completely flatter to deceive.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sky Sports says we're interested in Nastasic and I would be happy with him. Supposedly would be willing to sell in order to meet FFP compliance (transfer cap) since they're bringing in Mangala who will cost £35-40M.
Reply 1557
Original post by jam278

Most of the media do.

Metro, Independent, Guardian, "Caught offside" LOL

Even sky sports stated that we've agreed a deal for Khadira :/
Original post by SHOO
Most of the media do.

No they didn't they said according to reports in spain we have not that their own sources said we had
Original post by SHOO
Most of the media do.

Metro is the most unreliable source according to a study I saw, below the likes of Daily Mail. They hardly get anything right. I don't know why people continually link their rubbish on this thread.

Guardian and Sky Sports are more reliable, as in, their sources are well respected. Obviously this doesn't mean everything they report is right, but they are simply reporting what's passed on. Sky Sports for example reported that we had a fee agreed with Madrid over Khedira which was true, but personal terms were non-negotiable so that's why the deal fell through.

Latest