Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subra)
    I don't remember now, but I think I've chosen Hulme as well. Have you had an interview? What was your experience?
    Yeah i did, it was great, it was just a discussion and then I had to do some maths did you have one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone all the best for IB and A level. My first paper starts today english lit ! To all of you good luck and all the best again!:p:)

ReputationRep:
    See ya all in the fall, manchester here we come!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NataliaWojcicka)
    Yeah i did, it was great, it was just a discussion and then I had to do some maths did you have one ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I did! And I loved it actually. Was really scared at first, but my interviewer was a great guy, just asked me a few generic questions and then we chatted for a while. Nothing too scientific really. And it was nice to see the Uni in person .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subra)
    Yes I did! And I loved it actually. Was really scared at first, but my interviewer was a great guy, just asked me a few generic questions and then we chatted for a while. Nothing too scientific really. And it was nice to see the Uni in person .
    Yeah, I got a tour of the department as well, and it helped me decide on my firm choice a lot

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Sheavyn house or Victoria halls this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilycheungg)
    Victoria halls yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know quite where to ask this but I think this thread seems appropriate.
    So I've just received an email asking if I would like to take part in the Distance Access Scheme. I was just wondering if anyone else had been contacted about this and if so was going to take part and basically, is it worth it? If not, does anyone know where I can find out more information about it?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when freshers starts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by las96)
      Does anyone know when freshers starts ?
      I think it's 15th September 2014. It's the week before you actually start your course. You might have one or two induction lectures and if you're unlucky, a diagnostic test.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/key-dates/

Darren

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by laurenn1995)
      I've applied for drama! I got told AAB, but if they really like you as a candidate I got told they're willing to drop to ABB or A*BB/A*AC
      ooh yay well that's comforting! so excited to go hopefully! what accomodation did you put?

ReputationRep:
      yep, sheavyn!

ReputationRep:
      Yea, I've applied for Victoria Halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hello all

Any other physicists ay Hulme?

So excited. Better revise really :P

ReputationRep:
      physics at manchester could anyone tell me about the course

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by whonut)
      Hello all

Any other physicists ay Hulme?

So excited. Better revise really :P
      Yes! I put hulme as my first choice

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mnjkmr321)
      physics at manchester could anyone tell me about the course
      The website's quite good as I recall. You could email them and ask for the 2013/14 Blue Book too. I got one of those at the applicant day.

ReputationRep:
      thank u whonut.i have to choose one among manchester /bristol/kings and do u know anyone from kings/bristol and which hall did u choose for accomodation.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mnjkmr321)
      thank u whonut.i have to choose one among manchester /bristol/kings and do u know anyone from kings/bristol and which hall did u choose for accomodation.
      I chose Hulme Hall but I had very little choice in the matter. Accessible accommodation is somewhat thin on the ground.

Don't know anyone at Bristol or King's, sorry.

ReputationRep:
      i will choose hulme hall as my first choice any another recommendations in case i couldnt get hulme hall.hope to see u at manchester

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.