Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolahola)
    Im a graduate who was put on the reserve list (the one where you hadn't had a interview yet) and received a rejection from Exeter via email and a offer to study Medical Sciences. Nothing from UCAS track. I was expecting it with only a 53 GAMSAT score.
    Ahhh I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other choices.
    If you don't mind me asking did you get this email just now today or earlier in the week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Ahhh I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other choices.
    If you don't mind me asking did you get this email just now today or earlier in the week?
    It's okay but thanks! I got the email maybe an hour ago.

ReputationRep:
    Me too. Gamsat 58. Rejection without interview. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what their cutoff was then. Last year 59...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morvi906)
    Me too. Gamsat 58. Rejection without interview. Gutted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you hear an hour ago too? I have a 56 in GAMSAT, but no rejection email yet. Maybe it is coming soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CROWCROWCROW)
    Congratulations on the offers!
    I have received an offer for A*AA and I have since rung up the university to ask about how they decided who they gave A*AA offers to and who they gave AAA offers to and they told me they gave everyone A*AA offers. Is this true? Some people seem to have said they got AAA offers, maybe I misunderstood the person on the phone...?
    I got an A*AA offer as well (Yay!) but was quite confused by this too... Could the AAA offers be contextual?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and 4pm. I wonder what will happen with yours. Maybe going alphabetically.... Or maybe yours will say something else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    63 cutoff btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I guess I won't hear any news today, Friday it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soptah)
    Did you hear an hour ago too? I have a 56 in GAMSAT, but no rejection email yet. Maybe it is coming soon.
    I have a 56 too and I'm still waiting for what I'm assuming will be my rejection email. Hope they didn't forget about us completely. Hopefully we'll hear something by tomorrow evening.

ReputationRep:
    So I guess I won't hear any news today, Friday it is!
    Same mayn, so tempted to call them but I'll probably just leave it

its surely waiting list/rejection now...no other reason to leave it 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morvi906)
    63 cutoff btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you know this?

What does your surname begin with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wl1)
    I have a 56 too and I'm still waiting for what I'm assuming will be my rejection email. Hope they didn't forget about us completely. Hopefully we'll hear something by tomorrow evening.
    I hope we hear soon, preferably today. What does your surname begin with? Mine is a "T".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Same mayn, so tempted to call them but I'll probably just leave it

its surely waiting list/rejection now...no other reason to leave it 2 days?
    I'm trying to be more optimistic lol We could be borderline applicants and they are looking at our apps in more detail and using those questionnaires they Said are used for a few applicants they are unsure about.

Tbh though at this stage I'm prepared for a rejection but I just want some clarity/confirmation of their decision.
    Hopefully it's at least a deferred decisions list, as quite a few applicants got offers after they were put on that list.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soptah)
    I hope we hear soon, preferably today. What does your surname begin with? Mine is a "T".
    Mine begins with an L. Still haven't heard anything so we can probably stand down for today.

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY.

My Exeter email just arrived. I was so worried it was going to say it was a mix up, or something equally as awful - 'We thank you for applying and are glad to offer you a place with your 10 A* A Levels and PhD'.

Phew.

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer letter/email from Exeter! Not sure if we have to do anything now??

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to be more optimistic lol We could be borderline applicants and they are looking at our apps in more detail and using those questionnaires they Said are used for a few applicants they are unsure about.

Tbh though at this stage I'm prepared for a rejection but I just want some clarity/confirmation of their decision.
    Hopefully it's at least a deferred decisions list, as quite a few applicants got offers after they were put on that list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Optimism is good. I'm going for the " I've accepted my fate so it'll be less of a shock" approach and have pretty accepted that Exeter isn't gonna happen unfortunately.

The borderline theory is a decent shout, I'd forgotten about that questionnaire! Just gonna wait and see what 5pm tomorrow brings...must have been so much nicer last year when everyone heard at once!!

ReputationRep:
    Got the email Trying to register for a post offer day but my login isn't working... Has anyone else had this? So scared there has been a mixup and they didn't mean to give me an offer! And I don't want to call the number they gave just yet until I'm sure that I haven't just entered my date of birth wrong or something (though i have tried 4 times now...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hetstar146)
    Got the email Trying to register for a post offer day but my login isn't working... Has anyone else had this? So scared there has been a mixup and they didn't mean to give me an offer! And I don't want to call the number they gave just yet until I'm sure that I haven't just entered my date of birth wrong or something (though i have tried 4 times now...)
    Mine isn't working either-- probably because we got the offers so recently and they haven't entered in our details yet? .u.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.