UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

Lynneee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alliah208)
I'm here for Psychology! Hopefully coming in September, trying my best to meet my A*AA offer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me tooooo! XDD

Posted from TSR Mobile
aryanrulezz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have an unconditional offer letter for Computer Science.
Looking for some cheap and shared room near university any help?
Also can anyone tell me what will be the living expense there, as I'm an Indian everything is gonna be new to me.
On site it say 322 pounds per week.
Will it actually cost that much because it too expensive i guess at least for me....
HdezSer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I am a Spanish offer holder and I just got my exam results, but I can't find any information of how to send my results tu UCL. Does anyone know how to or have any useful links? Thanks!
florecita28
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HdezSer)
Hi! I am a Spanish offer holder and I just got my exam results, but I can't find any information of how to send my results tu UCL. Does anyone know how to or have any useful links? Thanks!
enhorabuena! I'm not an expert, but I think your best bet would be to phone or email admissions
HdezSer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by florecita28)
enhorabuena! I'm not an expert, but I think your best bet would be to phone or email admissions
Gracias! I will try that, thanks!
Sideman420
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NutellaLatte)
Got an offer for Psychology with Education today, SO HAPPY! ....not going to lie, currently having a panic attack but it's all good (hopefully?), I just really hope I'm able to attain 300 tariff points.
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/departm...chology_degree
Median starting salary of £19,000...why are you so happy lol
sabina12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sideman420)
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/careers/departm...chology_degree
Median starting salary of £19,000...why are you so happy lol
Wow, you're not even funny. You do know that money is not everthing, don't you?
maliha97
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by NutellaLatte)
Got an offer for Psychology
with Education today, SO HAPPY! ....not going to lie, currently having a panic attack but it's all good (hopefully?), I just really hope I'm able to attain 300 tariff points.
Was wondering what were your predicted grades/ UCAS points?
Sideman420
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sabina12)
Wow, you're not even funny. You do know that money is not everthing, don't you?
Oh please, when she's in 27,000 pounds of debt, living in London so gotta pay back them accommodation costs, living expenses are insane and shes earning 3 grand below the average wage when she leaves..What is the point? Uni is an investment, if she likes psychology, read a book, don't spend 27 thousand pounds.
sabina12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh please, when she's in 27,000 pounds of debt, living in London so gotta pay back them accommodation costs, living expenses are insane and shes earning 3 grand below the average wage when she leaves..What is the point? Uni is an investment, if she likes psychology, read a book, don't spend 27 thousand pounds.
You are entitiled to your own opinion, and so is she, as is every person pursuing higher education for any reason they choose. Sorry, but I can't deal with people who don't understand the idea of having a passion about whatever subject (be it economics, psychology, law etc.) that goes beyond everything in the world that money could ever buy. So stop throwing these links that don't mean a thing in everyone's face. Not everyone is going to uni for money, thank you very much!
Sideman420
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You are entitiled to your own opinion, and so is she, as is every person pursuing higher education for any reason they choose. Sorry, but I can't deal with people who don't understand the idea of having a passion about whatever subject (be it economics, psychology, law etc.) that goes beyond everything in the world that money could ever buy. So stop throwing these links that don't mean a thing in everyone's face. Not everyone is going to uni for money, thank you very much!
Fair enough, maybe you'll care about link http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/Pe...-the-team.html
I'm joking, I just think its all good to have a passion but it needs to be realistic and people regret taking unemployable courses...but w/e its your lives just trying to be helpful
sabina12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fair enough, maybe you'll care about link http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/ukhome/Pe...-the-team.html
I'm joking, I just think its all good to have a passion but it needs to be realistic and people regret taking unemployable courses...but w/e its your lives just trying to be helpful
I thought it's already been common sense that the major you study at university doesn't determine either your career path, your salary or the field you're going to end up working in. Psychology, philosophy, sociology and other majors deemed as "unemployable", as you said, are actually extremely versatile and would be beneficial for lots of jobs. (not serving fries at McDonalds, thank you ) It ultimately comes down to what you do with the degree, the experience you have acquired and your ambition.
Sideman420
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought it's already been common sense that the major you study at university doesn't determine either your career path, your salary or the field you're going to end up working in. Psychology, philosophy, sociology and other majors deemed as "unemployable", as you said, are actually extremely versatile and would be beneficial for lots of jobs. (not serving fries at McDonalds, thank you ) It ultimately comes down to what you do with the degree, the experience you have acquired and your ambition.
That's just not true...engineers and scientists are massively in demand and require the scientific knowledge to do their jobs which only can only be obtained from education therefore university is useful. People will never use the **** they learn in Philosophy and Sociology for their jobs as learning about Aristotle's bull**** is irrelevant to real world application.
http://newcastle.tab.co.uk/2014/03/2...yed-after-uni/
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...ent-prospects/ -Never find Physics or Chemistry or w/e to be unemployable.
chloe1376
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Unconditional offer to study Law, was wondering who is in the same situation and if they know of any good reading to do. I am scared!
sabina12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That's just not true...engineers and scientists are massively in demand and require the scientific knowledge to do their jobs which only can only be obtained from education therefore university is useful. People will never use the **** they learn in Philosophy and Sociology for their jobs as learning about Aristotle's bull**** is irrelevant to real world application.
http://newcastle.tab.co.uk/2014/03/2...yed-after-uni/
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/...ent-prospects/ -Never find Physics or Chemistry or w/e to be unemployable.
Ok, I see where you're coming from. But I ask you a question - if a person has no inclination towards science subjects, dislike maths, physics, chemistry, biology, dentistry - you get the idea - and would actually be much happier with a social or arts-related degree, what can they do? Waste 3 years of their lives studying a subject they hate with passion, possibly fail their studies AND moreover end up with a job they hate as much as their degree for the rest of their lives?
Sideman420
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ok, I see where you're coming from. But I ask you a question - if a person has no inclination towards science subjects, dislike maths, physics, chemistry, biology, dentistry - you get the idea - and would actually be much happier with a social or arts-related degree, what can they do? Waste 3 years of their lives studying a subject they hate with passion, possibly fail their studies AND moreover end up with a job they hate as much as their degree for the rest of their lives?
Fair enough, if they hate everything else forcing them to study a degree such as sociology etc then yeah as long as they are able to accept the difficulty ahead
Bricktop
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know anyone who has been accepted to ucl without a pass in the 4th AS? I have an offer but it includes a pass in a further AS which i have to do all by myself
pleasepleaseme
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys, I've literally just signed up to ask this question as I am (surprisingly) struggling to find the answer. What is the actual start date/ move in for 2015/16 freshers?
DeiJaVu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pleasepleaseme)
Hey guys, I've literally just signed up to ask this question as I am (surprisingly) struggling to find the answer. What is the actual start date/ move in for 2015/16 freshers?
The 19th of September is what I have been told.
BKane
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I enjoy envisioning bloody murders of privately educated people. Will I cope at UCL?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise