Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shostakovish)
    Sorry, another question; is chlorophyll b an accessory pigment?
    Yes, along with carotene

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Did everyone do the past paper questions from the old spec?. Im not sure if they are useful or not

ReputationRep:
    Feel so under prepared , do you guys wanna ask each other Qs ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Yes, along with carotene

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering is it possible to learn the whole of f214 in 24 hours thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z5139)
    No its not. There is a lot of content that you need to know for this unit especially all the different cycles for photosynthesis and respiration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z5139)
    I think so if you're a good learner and incredibly efficient. Maybe not all but 70% and do all the past papers too

ReputationRep:
    I think so if you're a good learner and incredibly efficient. Maybe not all but 70% and do all the past papers too
    The person will have a blackout during the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Deformation of the plasma membrane of the tip of the neurone causes the membrane to become more permeable to Na+. Suggest why."

For this question why does the markscheme not allow voltage gated sodium channels being open?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanahey)
    "Deformation of the plasma membrane of the tip of the neurone causes the membrane to become more permeable to Na+. Suggest why."

For this question why does the markscheme not allow voltage gated sodium channels being open?

Thank you
    I think it is because they are exactly that - voltage-gated. They only respond to changes in potential difference. Other Na+ channels respond to changes in external stimuli, which causes depolarisation.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cinderella25)
    The person will have a blackout during the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did something similar for unit 2 and that ended up..... well I didnt fail but I think it was more down to not being used to ocr questions

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the hardest F214 past paper is? Personally I think Jan 2010 is the worst by far, but I'm not sure if that's just because it was a new spec, or if our paper has the potential to be just as bad.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to know the exact no. of ATP and reduced NAD made at each stage of respiration ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen_Hassan)
    What do you guys think the hardest F214 past paper is? Personally I think Jan 2010 is the worst by far, but I'm not sure if that's just because it was a new spec, or if our paper has the potential to be just as bad.
    June 11 all the way

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got june 2014 f214 question paper please? URGENT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shalalondon)
    Anybody got june 2014 f214 question paper please? URGENT
    biotutor

ReputationRep:
    Being on the borderline of the next grade makes me so nervous for this exam

ReputationRep:
    Being on the borderline of the next grade makes me so nervous for this exam
    What grade do you need/want? (If that's an ok thing to ask)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lighfy)
    What grade do you need/want? (If that's an ok thing to ask)
    A/B but mostly Bs. Scores have been all between 39-46.

I need an A at least to stand a chance at an A overall. I was 11 UMS behind an A on AS and A2 coursework collectively but I think I cut the deficit down with both AS resits. I just need maintain an A in both exams or slightly over and I should be on for an A!

So much easier said than done though... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    A/B but mostly Bs. Scores have been all between 39-46.

I need an A at least to stand a chance at an A overall. I was 11 UMS behind an A on AS and A2 coursework collectively but I think I cut the deficit down with both AS resits. I just need maintain an A in both exams or slightly over and I should be on for an A!

So much easier said than done though... How about you?
    Well good luck for monday! I'm not as stressed for these bio exams as I need a low B to get an A overall. I'm most worried about chemistry though, I only just skimmed an A at AS last year, and need AAB for my uni offer...so need to nail these exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.