Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Any English offers?
    I'm getting so impatient!
    I got one on 11th Jan but I did send mine in before the Oxford deadline so I was probably at the top of their pile. Hope you hear back soon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voraciousreader)
    Unconditional for English!!!
    Well done that's amazing! hope you don't mind me asking but what AS grades did you have/ when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    I got one on 11th Jan but I did send mine in before the Oxford deadline so I was probably at the top of their pile. Hope you hear back soon x
    I should be at the top of the pile for Classics then (Oxford deadline as well) but I have yet to hear back so you know... it depends :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollyismyname)
    I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting for English and growing more an more doubtful… do you mind me asking what grades you have etc?
    9A*s, 2As and a B at GCSE. AABC at AS. Predicted A*A*A. Honestly was hoping for a rejection because I want to accept my unconditional from Birmingham, but it still sucks to be told you're not good enough. Also failed at Oxford but got interviewed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voxdock)
    History, think it must've been the statement but I've got offers from my other 4 so it can't have been that bad...
    4 out of 5 is rather brilliant. Where are you hoping to end up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaf)
    Aw thank you and congrats! Are you firming it?
    I applied to Oxford as well (got rejected post interview) but I applied to my other choices on 22nd October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voraciousreader)
    Unconditional for English!!!
    Congrats!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone received an offer for philosophy? If so then what grades do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Aw thank you and congrats! Are you firming it?
    I applied to Oxford as well (got rejected post interview) but I applied to my other choices on 22nd October.
    Oh cool the post-interview rejection stings the most amirite Probably will firm it, but may take a gap year if I get gd results idk yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I should be at the top of the pile for Classics then (Oxford deadline as well) but I have yet to hear back so you know... it depends :'
    aha I'm sure you'll hear soon! best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me nervous, I applied in November with less than perfect grades for Philosophy, but I loved it when I visited and got my hopes up. In reality I don't mind if they rejected me, would be nice for it to happen sooner than later so i can mourn

ReputationRep:
    When will we be allocated colleges

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard back for Law yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qaturnek)
    When will we be allocated colleges
    I think it's end of february, usually...

ReputationRep:
    i applied for law and haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back for the finance course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looks like many haven't heard back yet which makes me feel a lot more comfortable!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for English Literature just now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spivo1410)
    Got an offer for English Literature just now!
    Well done! I'm still waiting for English and History. Do you mind if I ask what your grades are like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cd1995)
    hi, I'm still waiting for a reply, applied 7th January so don't worry you're not alone 😁
    Not applying for archaeology, but a freind of mine got an offer for that about a month ago, SBD applied around November if i remember correctly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.