Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Paedophiles should be supported instead of vilified, as most are non offending peaceful citizens, and the taboo (and criminal punishment) should only extend to those who choose to break the law and offend by committing the rape of a child

ReputationRep:
    all high rise flats flattened, instead two or three storey apartments built. Large portions of council houses flattened, rebuilt modern architecture. It's time Britain started showing its modern side. Over 20 years this plan would be so low level of disruption. 2035 would be the last few families/people moving in. Then we can introduce a buy scheme like Maggie T so people can buy their houses and therefore live in them for years without disruption by councils etc.

High rise flats flattened: because eyesore, death trap (fires), poor building materials, surely most of them are at the end of their lives now. The many high rise flats near me are only 1/4 full..

Modern council houses: make britain look better and with the times, not scratty terraced houses. idea of making houses thinner but taller and more organic shaped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?
    Probably not my most controversial, but I believe that knowledge should be valued and taught for its own sake and if there happens to have a way to apply it to one's everyday life, that's just a happy little bonus.

ReputationRep:
    The weekend should be 5 days a week, the workdays should be 2 days a week.

Bank holidays happen at the beginning of the month and end of the month.

Sunshine should be COMPULSORY, temperature regulated to between 23c-30c. Rain should be banned in the morning and move to between 2am-5am.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with UKIP's approach to immigration.

A point based system should be introduced, those with the skills the country can benefit from are of course welcome, those who cannot offer anything we require should not be allowed entry.

Is this possible while we are still in the EU? Probably not. Do I think we should leave the EU so we can introduce this system? No.

ReputationRep:
    I have many 'controversial' views:

Freedom of speech should be limited to not offending things people don't choose e.g. Colour of skin, Gender, Sexuality etc, however, any thing else should open for scrutiny and be questioned e.g, Certain religions view on homosexuality. Also, religious laws of any kind should be impact laws made by Parliament - no 'exceptions' on religious grounds.

Prisons should be split into sections where depending on your offence you conditions would be different. For example, petty criminals (shoplifters etc) would be focused on reform and we have a similar prison experience to now. On the other hand, more serious criminals (terrorists, rapists and pedophiles) should be forced to live on the bear minimum, bread and water with little if any interaction with other humans.

Climate chance is a cycle that has happened for millions of years, rising sea levels and melting of glaciers are a natural occurrence and cannot be stopped.

No single person of working age with no kids etc. should not be able to claim out-of-work benefits. Furthermore, mums with young children who have no husband/boyfriend to provide an income should receive free child care in the day and after school hours BUT those parents also have to work while their children are in care.

Finally, immigration from less economically developed countries should be discouraged and we should instead look to improve our work force form countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe, where culturally we are very similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messiah Complex)

Here we go just more attacks again because I agree with the minority opinion as oppose to what you believe. Hitler would be proud of your intolerance.

Please do not tell me what I am saying. I know fully well what I'm saying. I'm saying I agree with the minority consensus as opposed to the majority. You see things the other way. Difference is, I did not attack you for your opinion. You decided to jump down my throat on this thread because you are intolerant of anyone that shows different views to you. In fact, I have been playing devils advocate all along. I just wanted to expose you for the self loathing hypocrite that launches continuous personal attacks against those who disagree all along. People can now see you for what you are. I knew from the moment I posted that opinion you'd be all over it as you just cant help yourself.

I'm done. You're a jumped up little brat that suffers from a superiority complex and its quite bewildering how you think you have the answers and that you're Gods gift. You really need to withdraw your head from your own arse.
    Sorry, you're saying that this person's argument is personal, whereas your argument is factual? How is what you've said not very personal and deeply offensive?

ReputationRep:
    We should stop vilifying obese and overweight people.
    We should accept that just because someone is overweight, it doesn't mean they are lazy, or are constantly eating high calorie foods.
    Not all anorexics are exceptionally thin. We need to recognise eating disorders in people who are a normal weight, overweight or obese.
    Drug abuse isn't a moral issue, it is a health issue.
    No one chooses or tries to get an eating disorder.
    High education should definitely be free, or at least respected degrees shouldn't be over £9000 a year.
    Music and the arts should be respected more.
    We should try and get a bit more joy out of life. I don't see why we all have to think that work, and monotony, and boredom is fun.
    Students have a hard time, and people should stop stereotyping them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd get banned.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think democracy is all its cracked up to be

ReputationRep:
    Full Freedom of speech, I don't care who is offended as long as it doesn't incite or inflict physical harm (For example Islamic hate preachers that despise the west and support/incite Terrorism) should be deported with no exceptions.

Healthy people able to work that refuse to get a job should be conscripted.

Trump is going to be a fantastic president?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSRising)
    Full Freedom of speech, I don't care who is offended as long as it doesn't incite or inflict physical harm (For example Islamic hate preachers that despise the west and support Terrorism) should be deported with no exceptions.
    Just contradicted yourself. Either you have absolute freedom of speech or all offensive stuff is prohibited. You can't cherrypick who/what is allowed to be offensive and who is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbiostudentx)
    Just contradicted yourself. Either you have absolute freedom of speech or all offensive stuff is prohibited. You can't cherrypick who/what is allowed to be offensive and who is not.
    What? You're completely misreading what I said. There is a difference between having an unfavourable opinion that offends people and literally inciting physical violence. Let me give you an example, if a extreme far-right individual hated say immigrants, he should have every right to voice that opinion.
    However, encouraging others to violently attack or kill immigrants shouldn't be allowed. See what I'm saying?

ReputationRep:
    What? You're completely misreading what I said. There is a difference between having an unfavourable opinion that offends people and literally inciting physical violence. Let me give you an example, if a extreme far-right individual hated say immigrants, he should have every right to voice that opinion.
    However, encouraging others to violently attack or kill immigrants shouldn't be allowed. See what I'm saying?
    You said "Islamic hate preachers".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbiostudentx)
    You said "Islamic hate preachers".
    Yes, Islamic Hate preachers that support and promote Terroristic acts, they are both examples.
    Do you have a problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Islamic Hate preachers that support and promote Terroristic acts, they are both examples.
    Do you have a problem with that?
    You didn't say anything about promoting terrorist acts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic_man)
    Northern Ireland should be told to **** off.

Being religious should count against immigrants as much as not speaking fluent English does.

The license fee should be increased.

Smoking should be banned in all public places and around children in any place.

Israel and Palestine should both be told to **** off.

The special relationship with the U.S. should end and any U.S. President who keeps extra-judicial prison camps open or who drones innocent people should be banned from entering the UK.
    That one about immigrants made me laugh, but then I've realised it is actually quite evil and I should point this out to you - these immigrants are often in REALLY horrible socio-economic condition with little to no prospects for betterment, and you want to take religion from them? Seriously that's cruel. It's better for them to be religious than develop various psychopathic illnesses, resort into substance abuse or even suicide, again, because of the socio-economic condition. I am quite progressive on many issues but I hate religion-bashing. If anything, working class needs more and not less religion, especially immigrants.

As for the US President - do you mean any American President then?

ReputationRep:
    "The UK shouldn't take in any Syrian refugees or indeed any refugees of any nationality as we have enough issues with looking after our own people".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    I agree with UKIP's approach to immigration.

A point based system should be introduced, those with the skills the country can benefit from are of course welcome, those who cannot offer anything we require should not be allowed entry.

Is this possible while we are still in the EU? Probably not. Do I think we should leave the EU so we can introduce this system? No.
    The problem is they are too stupid to realise that there already IS such a system for non-EU migrants.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=xbiostudentx;69045552]You didn't say anything about promoting terrorist acts.[/QUOTRead

No, I directly mentioned inciting/promoting Terroristic acts. Quote exactly what I said and prove me wrong. Quit acting so ****ing stupid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.