The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
So, another leftist government next term then...
Libertarian voters say what.

Will be interesting to see how it splits.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
Happily, sir. And you know whose tab to put it on!
Certainly!
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tyroncs)
essentially making it pointless for us to bother trying to do well in this General Election at all
You will have the bragging rights.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Libertarian voters say what.

Will be interesting to see how it splits.
To be fair there might not be a government next term at the rate this is going...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally I believe that the motion in question wasn't offensive, and that we are bending over backwards for people who get offended at the tiniest things. However I understand that such a thing may breach the rules of this forum and if I had been in a senior position at UKIP I wouldn't have put it forward for being in bad taste and being a joke bill (something I think should be banned tbh.)

However the heart of the issue for me is that the Speaker posted this to the house, and is not taking any responsibility for doing so. In the act of submitting it he approved it going forward, yet he is now going back on that and blaming our entire party when if we was taking his role as a speaker seriously would have read the motion before submitting us, telling us it is against the rules and warning us not to do it again.
Unfortunately the thing that swings it against you for me is that this was not a unknown MP, it was your leader pushing a motion. Regardless of whether it's fair that your caught up in this, the leadership is responsible for the party and the leadership put forward a motion of questionable joke/offensive intent. As an ordinary member, your just a passenger i'm afraid.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
To be fair there might not be a government next term at the rate this is going...
Ye of little faith.

(Original post by mobbsy91)
Certainly!
How much is on that tab?
tyroncs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
You will have the bragging rights.
Unlike other parties in this house, UKIP aren't in this for the 'bragging rights' we are in this to actually try and contribute, promote discussion and make meaningful changes. Clearly other parties don't have the same priorities as we do, shown by their pitiful legislation counts and comments like this... :P
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
There will. It will be blue and (spin the wheel)..
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Green? That would be an interesting combo.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kittiara)
And you're not in government now and have still been the most active party in the House and, admittedly, have made a huge impact! So, my suggestion would be - keep going strong. The term is about to end, build on your experience, and make the next term an even more impressive one.
This term has been dull and boring for everyone in UKIP, we have been counting down the days until it is over. As I am sure you can imagine, having the most active party spectate a government who cannot even be bothered to produce a budget or a piece of legislation on the economy does not capture our interest. We do not want to spend next term spectating as the justification for this term was to try and capture the one seat from the Libertarians to be equal in number to the Conservatives raising the prospect of a coalition to bring radical change to Britain. Since that is no longer a possibility and our hard work has been flushed down the toilet our next step is not business as usual until the election after in November.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unfortunately the thing that swings it against you for me is that this was not a unknown MP, it was your leader pushing a motion. Regardless of whether it's fair that your caught up in this, the leadership is responsible for the party and the leadership put forward a motion of questionable joke/offensive intent. As an ordinary member, your just a passenger i'm afraid.
Haha, and here's me thinking we're safe under l_p's rocky TSR membership

Ye of little faith.

How much is on that tab?
Not too bad £138.34

Although, just checking the till - there's £1,938.87 outstanding on tabs - gonna need that back!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There will be no blue at all.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unlike other parties in this house, UKIP aren't in this for the 'bragging rights' we are in this to actually try and contribute, promote discussion and make meaningful changes. Clearly other parties don't have the same priorities as we do, shown by their pitiful legislation counts and comments like this... :P
Ha. I have more important things going on in my life to not resort to having bragging rights or making 'meaningful changes' here.

Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Not too bad £138.34

Although, just checking the till - there's £1,938.87 outstanding on tabs - gonna need that back!
Fortunately the modern LP is very much the toned down and reliable version of the last one.. plus, we don't do scandal (and i'd hope the leadership have the sense not to submit joke stuff as party stuff).
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fortunately the modern LP is very much the toned down and reliable version of the last one.. plus, we don't do scandal (and i'd hope the leadership have the sense not to submit joke stuff as party stuff).
Haha, fair enough!
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Not too bad £138.34

You better start chasing up people! Except with THAT tab, you'll have to wait until January 2016 to receive payment...
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
There will be no blue at all.
Oh we'll see...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Black.

The dress definitely was blue and black.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You better start chasing up people! Except with THAT tab, you'll have to wait until January 2016 to receive payment...
Well, someone (can't remember who, whoops) paid off most of it earlier this evening, it's just I've had to charge a few more of Birchington's drinks, and a few others to it... I mean, we don't want him to have nothing to pay when he gets back!
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
Black.

The dress definitely was blue and black.
We don't have a black party.

You can choose Orange, Red, Green or whatever the commies are.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.06%
Not great so far... (281)
35.71%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.31%

Watched Threads