Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieDee)
    Hi kmdxx,

I am so sorry to butt in like this but i have an assessment with LSBU on the 9th of January, how did yours go??!

Kind regards,

GracieDee
    Hi GracieDee, equally sorry to but in but I had an assessment at LSBU already so I thought I might be able to offer some advice.

I assume you mean the Maths and Literacy tests? Both were relatively straightforward but you're not allowed a calculator for the numeracy, so whilst nothing was particularly difficult, make sure you practise doing some tests at home without a calculator. It was fairly similar to a lot of the other entry maths tests I've seen/done so if you Google them you should find a few to work through. LSBU also have some practise questions on their website. I would recommend revising fractions, decimals and percentages and make sure you always write a unit if the question asks for one.

The literacy I thought was really easy so you should be fine.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone done the maths and english tests at greenwhich? what are they like and are we allowed a calculator? thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylaaa_xx)
    Hi everyone, I had my interview for UoB last Wednesday and I'm still waiting to hear. I've already got an offer from Wolverhampton but UoB is my first choice so hoping for some good news!
    Ah I had my interview for UoB last Thursday. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nat3001)
    Hi everyone

My chosen branch is adult nursing.

I have applied for Kings, Kingston, LSBU, City and Surrey.
    Had invites from all 5 choices. Went to King's last Wednesday for literacy and numeracy and Kingston on Friday and have been offered a place there today which I think I will accept.
    I hope we all get the offers we want soon.
    Hi! Congrats for all of your offers! I've also applied to Kings College London - do you know if you have an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elinapun)
    How long do universities usually take to respond? I've applied to Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, DMU and Sheffield for adult nursing and have only recieved acknowledgement emails and nothing from Coventry getting so impatient 🙄🙄
    Hiya! I also applied to Nottingham for adult nursing and for me they took about a month to get back to me, which I think is quite a long time! How long have you been waiting? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat129)
    Yay! Congratulations 😊😊
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ive got an offer for adult nursing at Wolverhampton University City campus for September 2016 and was just wondering if anyone else is in this cohort too??

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got and offer for LJMU? I got one for sept 2016!! Adult nursing 🤗💃🏻💃🏻

ReputationRep:
    Asaa

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is coming university of Greenwich am happy to answer questions and help in anyway I can. I Am studying adult nursing first year started in September 2015.i am near the end of my first semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hipposcribble)
    Hiya! I also applied to Nottingham for adult nursing and for me they took about a month to get back to me, which I think is quite a long time! How long have you been waiting? xx
    Hi, I sent my application off not too long ago, on the 9th of December. Yeah they said in an email, they will respond within a month so I hope I hear something back in January. Did you have an interview with Nottingham? I'm so scared cause it's my first choice 🙄😀

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved an offer from Buckinghamshire new university !!! Absolutely thrilled !! It was my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Emily!

I sent off my application for Mental Health Nursing near the end of November to King College London, Southampton, Leeds, Coventry and Oxford Brookes (like you).

Since then I have have for:
    Coventry: had my numeracy/ literacy test and interview
    Kings: been invited to a numeracy/ literacy (this January) (I'm aware that for kings if you live in London, as I do, they hold your admission test and interview on separate days as they're so busy, and it's easier for someone living in London to make more then one trip easily then someone not etc)
    Southampton: been invited to a numeracy/ literacy (this January)
    Leeds: been invited to a numeracy/ literacy (this January)

As for Oxford Brookes I have been rejected this week. Tbh it was my last choice but it's still disappointing. As my predicted grades are ABC and their requirements BBC, I was a little surprised. Though I did note in their entry requirements they were asking for (quote):
    'For post-experience BA:
    • NMC registration parts 1, 5, 8, 12, 14 or 15.
    • A secondment to the course may be possible for adult, learning disability and children's nurses working for the local NHS Trusts or the armed forces.
    • Applicants need to have been working in an NHS clinical area that gives them experience of clients with mental health needs for at least six months before enrolling on the course.'
    The link here: http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-at...alth-nursing/*

I'm not sure if this means that they were actually asking for 6 months of clinical placement experience from a full time A-level student but by the look of it, from my rejection maybe they were.

My personal statement was good and I have a range of work experience working with children and young people so I was really surprised when I was turned down, especially as they are not a Russell Group university and weren't the highest up on the league tables.

When reflecting they were many other university I could/should/wanted to apply to instead but with pressure from teachers applied to Oxford Brookes. I feel as though I have wasted a university choice. (You probably don't need to know all of this but hey).

So yeah basically were applicant actually supposed to have 'been working in an NHS clinical area' for 6 months to be considered or am I being stupid?

(Slightly disheartened and confused) Leanne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weepingwillows)
    Just recieved an offer from Buckinghamshire new university !!! Absolutely thrilled !! It was my first choice.
    Well done! What a lovely Christmas present. I got accepted to Bangor, my one and only place I applied to,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KristieNCarr)
    Has anyone had any Mental Health Nursing interviews / offers yet?

I've applied to Sheffield Hallam, Leeds Beckett, University of Leeds and Huddersfield but not heard from any and its been 3 weeks...

Thanks!

Hi Kristie,

I have an interview and maths/english test for leeds in january (I applied near the end of November).

Have you heard anything back from them yet?

LeAnne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fairyegg)
    Well done! What a lovely Christmas present. I got accepted to Bangor, my one and only place I applied to,
    Aw thanks Well done to you also ! I hope you get in x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieBee1997)
    I'm applying for Children's Nursing at BCU, Coventry, DeMontfort, Manchester and King's College London. I'm pretty sure BCU is my first choice but I fell in love with Kings it's just the fright of moving to London that's getting me, anyone applying to these courses please message me I'd love to talk
    Hi Sophie,

I applied to Coventry and King's College London too!

I've had a interview and math/english test for Coventry and I'm just waiting to hear back from them, though I don't think I passed the maths test as a couldn't remember how many ml in a l and that was essentially 4 of the questions on the test! + I stumbled a lot on one of the interview questions, it was a good experience though to know what my other interviews should be like.

I have a maths/english test for kings in January, which would be my first choice if I got in as I could stay at home and save a lot of money as I live in London, it's about 30 minutes on the train from where I live!

Don't be scared to come to London!

LeAnne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elinapun)
    Hi, I sent my application off not too long ago, on the 9th of December. Yeah they said in an email, they will respond within a month so I hope I hear something back in January. Did you have an interview with Nottingham? I'm so scared cause it's my first choice 🙄😀
    Hey hey, don't be scared at all! I'm sure it's just procedure to wait about a month. I haven't actually had an interview with them yet - I'm due to have it on Feb 6th or 7th (can't remember offhand!).

Also, which other unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edenmoffatt)
    When you were writing your personal statement did you look at the university of Manchester guidelines for the nursing personal statement??
    I didn't as I originally wasn't planning on applying there but when I looked over it I had pretty much included everything they had said to write about. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out i've been given a conditional offer off Hull , to study MH nursing

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.