Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    You think Chelsea will make the CL?

lol
    Have to say, I was convinced they'd get top four pre-today's match.

Can't believe they keep losing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samir12)
    Chelsea would do well to finish in the top 10 at this rate, this is way worse than Moyes and Rodgers dire runs (even starting to rival the Hodgson era) but Chelsea actually have a quality squad ffs.
    Moyes had 21 points after 12 games from much harder fixtures. Mourinho has 11pts.

Will be amazed if top four come May isn't City Arsenal United and Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Moyes had 21 points after 12 games from much harder fixtures. Mourinho has 11pts.

Will either be Spurs or Liverpool for 4th place. Both teams have similar depths in squad (Liverpool will have edged it if it wasn't for the injury crises) and usually have a strong second half season when the players are at max fitness.

Soton will get close but will inevitably drop too many points due to injuries, they still don't have a bigger squad (mainly due to Liverpool and United picking apart their squad every Summer )

Leicester don't have the depth to stay up there and they are still yet to play United, City, Everton, Liverpool and they have dropped points on all their big games so far so they will drop off.

West Ham same issue with depth (Payet just got injured today and a big loss for them).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Will either be Spurs or Liverpool for 4th place
    I'd love to see Spurs do it because of their emphasis on academy players/young talent (although i'll pick anyone over Liverpool). Expecting them to get battered tomorrow away to Arsenal as they usually do, but their fixtures are quite generous after that.

Can't see it happening though, they're a Kane/Lloris/Eriksen injury away from serious trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'd love to see Spurs do it because of their emphasis on academy players/young talent (although i'll pick anyone over Liverpool). Expecting them to get battered tomorrow away to Arsenal as they usually do, but their fixtures are quite generous after that.

Can't see it happening though, they're a Kane/Lloris/Eriksen injury away from serious trouble.
    That's the problem with Spurs atm. While Liverpool are short of strikers themselves, they good depths in forwards (Firmino, Coutinho, Ibe and Lallana). Henderson and Sturridge (not counting on it though lol) are to come back after the international break and we look like competing for 4th place despite having an injury crises and an insanely hard fixture list.

Spurs in truth ****ed up by not taking the 3 points from us at White Heart Lane when we were vulnerable.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Spurs in truth ****ed up by not taking the 3 points from us at White Heart Lane when we were vulnerable.
    Still don't know how we managed to beat them on the opening day either
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)

Only 16 goals scored compared with almost double that at this stage last season, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    You think Chelsea will make the CL?

lol
    Yeah I have no faith in us making top 10 personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah I have no faith in us making top 10 personally.
    It'd be breaking a record if you make top 10 this season you know.

Perhaps Mou just wanted to break another record

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    It'd be breaking a record if you make top 10 this season you know.

Perhaps Mou just wanted to break another record

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbf 30M is a lot of ****ing money otherwise Mou would have got his payout time ago.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf 30M is a lot of ****ing money otherwise Mou would have got his payout time ago.
    Obviously I severely dislike Chelsea, and have absolutely no sympathy.. but I've been thinking recently that while Mou is to blame - I do think fatigue is a factor too.

Don't quote me on numbers, but haven't most Chelsea players played the most games over the past 3ish years? I think I saw a stat where Hazard had played over 200 games in the past 3 seasons which is ****ing mental. That's like 70 games per season..

...I mean, no wonder he looks exhausted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Arsenal (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    WBA (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Southampton (A)

Not sure it does get easier after the Arsenal game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Arsenal (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    WBA (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Southampton (A)

Chelsea aren't considered a hard game now though are they?

They'll probably lose to Arsenal and Soton but I can see them getting wins from the rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Obviously I severely dislike Chelsea, and have absolutely no sympathy.. but I've been thinking recently that while Mou is to blame - I do think fatigue is a factor too.

Don't quote me on numbers, but haven't most Chelsea players played the most games over the past 3ish years? I think I saw a stat where Hazard had played over 200 games in the past 3 seasons which is ****ing mental. That's like 70 games per season..

...I mean, no wonder he looks exhausted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well who's fault is it for the Chelsea players being fatigued? When we had De Bruyne, Mata, Schurrle Salah, Cuadrado, Moses etc come through the revolving door that is Chelsea and then play essentially the same team for an entire season why do you think that the team are fatigued? It was always going to happen wrt fatigue and it showed last season. Real, Barcelona and Bayern rotate their squad with top players, we had the likes of De Bruyne/Mata who would have taken a place on the bench/rotation for those clubs yet we don't go for them.

It is Mourinho's fault for buying Cuadrado and not playing him. It is Mourinho's fault that our backup options are Kenedy and Bertrand ****ing Traore.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Arsenal (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    WBA (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Southampton (A)

They're all winnable games tbh

They'll lose whatever game is after a Europa League match and pick up points in the rest

ReputationRep:
    Well who's fault is it for the Chelsea players being fatigued? When we had De Bruyne, Mata, Schurrle Salah, Cuadrado, Moses etc come through the revolving door that is Chelsea and then play essentially the same team for an entire season why do you think that the team are fatigued? It was always going to happen wrt fatigue and it showed last season. Real, Barcelona and Bayern rotate their squad with top players, we had the likes of De Bruyne/Mata who would have taken a place on the bench/rotation for those clubs yet we don't go for them.

It is Mourinho's fault for buying Cuadrado and not playing him. It is Mourinho's fault that our backup options are Kenedy and Bertrand ****ing Traore.
    Yeah true.

He's being found out this season, just didn't think it would take this long.

He's wanted to **** off somewhere after coming across as though he's one of the best managers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Chelsea aren't considered a hard game now though are they?

They'll probably lose to Arsenal and Soton but I can see them getting wins from the rest.
    Well it will be a London derby and maybe Mourinho will have been sacked by then.

(Original post by sr90)
    They're all winnable games tbh

They'll lose whatever game is after a Europa League match and pick up points in the rest
    Arsenal (A) - tough game
    West Ham (H) - London derby game against a team who currently have more points than Spurs
    Chelsea (H) - after Europa League game
    WBA (A) - WBA have a tough defence
    Newcastle (H) - after playing Monaco in EL
    Southampton (A) - in decent form and Southampton currently better at home

How many points do you think Spurs will get from a possible 18?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well it will be a London derby and maybe Mourinho will have been sacked by then.

Arsenal (A) - tough game
    West Ham (H) - London derby game against a team who currently have more points than Spurs
    Chelsea (H) - after Europa League game
    WBA (A) - WBA have a tough defence
    Newcastle (H) - after playing Monaco in EL
    Southampton (A) - in decent form and Southampton currently better at home

How many points do you think Spurs will get from a possible 18?
    Lose to Arsenal and West Ham, beat Chelsea, draw with WBA, beat Newcastle, draw with Southampton

8/18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Lose to Arsenal and West Ham, beat Chelsea, draw with WBA, beat Newcastle, draw with Southampton

8/18
    Yea I'd agree to similar to that

I imagine they're targeting around 12-14 points if they want to stay on course for 4th place though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Mourinho has always had a small circle of players he trusts, and that has really bitten him on the arse during this campaign.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.