Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicerose.j)
    Thank you so much! Hopefully it will go well and good luck to you too! (if you did the exam, I guess you did if you're on here lol)x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucygr8y)
    This is a summary of what I wrote in the unseen. Is this ok?!

1) Repetition- 'sharp and sharpness' + other examples to suggest how the weapons yearn war.
    2) Tension- the men don't want to fight but the weapons are 'hungry for blood
    3) Personification- there were a couple of examples- these show the weapons desire for war/ the effect they have.
    4) Simile
    5) 'cold steel' description= the weapons were heartless and emotionless about war
    6) View of God- he didn't grow talons so this showed he didn't want there to be fighting
    7) View of people due to God- the benevolence of God caused the people to think against the war and the weapons. This meant they would be scarred by wa
    8) Imagery- the line about the bullet shooting through the heart.

In the character and voice, I compared the change in The Ruined Maid to Brendon Gallacher.
    yes I talked about some of your points. However I believe that for an A* you needed to talk about form/structure. I talked about how the syllables and rhyme were inconsistent, which perhaps is symbolic of the fact that war and war weapons are unpredictable. I then expanded by saying that this unpredictability is reinforced by the permeating idea of appearance vs reality, so then i used the 'cold steel' as an example and expanded. I also talked a lot about oxymoron's, juxtaposition and enjambment and other techniques.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish235)
    yes I talked about some of your points. However I believe that for an A* you needed to talk about form/structure. I talked about how the syllables and rhyme were inconsistent, which perhaps is symbolic of the fact that war and war weapons are unpredictable. I then expanded by saying that this unpredictability is reinforced by the permeating idea of appearance vs reality, so then i used the 'cold steel' as an example and expanded. I also talked a lot about oxymoron's, juxtaposition and enjambment and other techniques.
    I don't think you have to talk about all of them tbh, the Section B mark scheme says and/or between language, structure and form. I think, if you do 2 its still good, or even 1 as long as you do them well. They generally have low expectations for unseens because well, no one has ever seen it before and we have to analyse and write an essay about it in 30 mins so it is easy to leave things out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentgcse2016)
    me!!
    Yay! What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what came up in the AQA foundation paper for Character and Voice?

ReputationRep:
    Guys is there chance of getting an A without mentioning structure in the unseen ugh I completely forgot 😳

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tutor 101)
    Does anyone know what came up in the AQA foundation paper for Character and Voice?
    I done foundation, character and voice and the The River God and The Clown Punk came up, I picked the The River God

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did relationship poetry higher and and THCM and sonnet 116 I talked about how when time stops love ends in to his coy mistress whereas when time ends in sonnet 116 love prevails I mentioned a lot of techniques, structure and form to get the higher band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigge)
    Guys is there chance of getting an A without mentioning structure in the unseen ugh I completely forgot 😳
    I think it should be okay because the mark scheme says language and 'or' form and 'or' structure but i hope its okay too bc i mentioned a lot of form and structure but only mentioned repetition as a language feature oops!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiiddle)
    I think it should be okay because the mark scheme says language and 'or' form and 'or' structure but i hope its okay too bc i mentioned a lot of form and structure but only mentioned repetition as a language feature oops!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah thanks I got 38/40 in my coursework would that be able to save me not sure what the percentage to coursework and exam is though do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigge)
    Ah thanks I got 38/40 in my coursework would that be able to save me not sure what the percentage to coursework and exam is though do you know?
    I got 38 in cwk too! well idk how you did in your exams but i'm sure you'll be fine the cwk percentage is 25% and the books exam is 40% and the poetry is 35% i'm worried though because i did alright in cwk and poetry but i completely failed my books haha and its the biggest percentage (its at most C grade if not D grade) and idk whether it will completely mess up my grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish235)
    Yeah I feel like I needed to include that but I completely forgot!!😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloopbang)
    I don't think you have to talk about all of them tbh, the Section B mark scheme says and/or between language, structure and form. I think, if you do 2 its still good, or even 1 as long as you do them well. They generally have low expectations for unseens because well, no one has ever seen it before and we have to analyse and write an essay about it in 30 mins so it is easy to leave things out.
    Yeah my friend said that you only had to do one of them!!

ReputationRep:
    For the first poetry question, I just talked about form basically but in lots of detail, but I didn't talk about structure at all!! For language, I talked about reposition, hyphens, short sentences and frequent uses of commas in the last stanza to create effect, but that was it!! I did talk about how 'ruined' repeated at the end of each stanza, but does that count as structure?! 😭😭 I also called her o'melia instead of just melia😂😂 hopefully my analysis on form was strong enough!🙏 (I talked about how it affected both narrators social status, as well as both feeling isolated, and how both narrators in the Ruined Maid and Brendon Gallacher felt that change was caused by societ, and also how there were elements of death in both?)

ReputationRep:
    did anyone do poppies and come on comeback in the theme of loss mentally and a physical loss and both poets create positive imagery for consolidation in the face of death although in such grievous situations

ReputationRep:
    What are people doing for english lan. No one's posted on this thread for ages i'm surprised

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiiddle)
    Okay so most ppl for relationships did the 1st question but i did the second q for relationships and i compared brothers/nettles whereas everyone who did the 2nd question did brothers and sister maude, so will the fact ive done something no one else has done have more chance of lowering my mark or increasing my mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry I did nettles and brothers too, it doesn't matter which two poems you choose as long as you can make good points about them. My teacher also said that brothers and nettles are really good to compare so I'm sure you will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Shrek

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whoa wait aqa language on tuesday but ive forgotten how to write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahyr)
    Don't worry I did nettles and brothers too, it doesn't matter which two poems you choose as long as you can make good points about them. My teacher also said that brothers and nettles are really good to compare so I'm sure you will be fine
    Omg thanks 4 replying im glad im not the only one that did it

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.