Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary_7)
    omg yes i did
    Nope I got 1.2 something because 0.833 was for (acid)/(salt) but it wanted the reciprocal of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fibsy)
    Hang on, for the zigzag did we have to draw trailing bonds at the ends or were they already there? Didn't notice (didn't notice most things in this paper it seems)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    think they were already there

ReputationRep:
    Guys, wpuld fractional distillation be okay to separate the alcohol? Also why is everyone talking about distinguishing between a haloalkane and acyl chloride and distinguishijg between two enantiomers? Have i missed a complete page of the exam (i hope not)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aerosmith)
    I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?
    but it said section of the polypeptide ( something like that ) so surely trailing bonds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soLit)
    What do you recon will be the E and U boundaries? I think i am going to need those ....
    the better question is how much UMS do you get for a U ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samim_s)
    Guys, wpuld fractional distillation be okay to separate the alcohol? Also why is everyone talking about distinguishing between a haloalkane and acyl chloride and distinguishijg between two enantiomers? Have i missed a complete page of the exam (i hope not)
    Question 4 was acyl chloride vs ketone with a chlorine in the chain

ReputationRep:
    For that question about why the carboxylic acid with chlorine is stronger than the other one, instead of putting 'electron withdrawing' I put 'electron receiving' will I lose marks?? So annoying, I couldn't think of the word in the exam !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    but it said section of the polypeptide ( something like that ) so surely trailing bonds?
    I definitely saw the word dipeptide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyoung)
    I definitely thought it said section of the polymer, guess we'll have to see

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/l...ry-unit-4-2016
    Sign the petition guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lishakb97)
    Oh my god. they added some bonds and also asked you to draw some in. if you had to draw trailing bonds, they would have to be straight and there was no way you could have drawn straight trailing bonds on that diagram without it looking ridiculous and wrong. ****'s sake. I hate the student room

(Original post by lishakb97)
    Was this the first question on that page where you had to add bonds and atoms? If so: dipeptide

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I put ethanenitrile instead of KCN in the organic synthesis question, because I remembered seeing there're extra 2 carbon there, was it just me being delusional..... :'( I was so upset, I put KCN at first and then changed it to ethanenitrile... :'(

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god. they added some bonds and also asked you to draw some in. if you had to draw trailing bonds, they would have to be straight and there was no way you could have drawn straight trailing bonds on that diagram without it looking ridiculous and wrong. ****'s sake. I hate the student room
    Chill, I wasn't saying you're wrong, I was simply stating what I remembered reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suits101)
    Was this the first question on that page where you had to add bonds and atoms? If so: dipeptide
    Thank you!! My days. Now will whoever is trolling on this 1 piss easy question please stop, people are already a bit wound up after this exam as it is

Thank you!! My days. Now will whoever is trolling on this 1 piss easy question please stop, people are already a bit wound up after this exam as it is
    It had to be a dipeptide, the question said it was formed from glycine and another amino acid - hence you drew the dipeptide formed by adding OH, COOH, NH, H etc and all that on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    it is did not say section, sorry mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nautella)
    I'm fairly sure it said Section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nautella)
    Im so unsure now

ReputationRep:
    Im so unsure now
    either way it was only one mark

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.